MMDown Under

Ferry McFerryface

We could have called the new ferry, Mr and Mrs GUT, what say ye? Bottle of $5.95 Eagle Hawk Australian Sparkling Wine at the launch, who need Moet? :halo: Or even Sir Benjo, or Anne Sherry, all legends in the cruise industry.

Excellent idea Catering to be done by Harry's Cafe de Wheels.!clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704 This Thread is out of control lolclear.png?emoji-tongue-1703

Excellent idea Catering to be done by Harry's Cafe de Wheels.!clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704 This Thread is out of control lolclear.png?emoji-tongue-1703

Out of control ferry mcthread

IMG_0366.JPG.752e2fee7bedebd1f04e040bcc5d93a0.JPG

Now it turns out it was a government ministerial decision overruling the committee that made the recommendations.

It was actually recommended to be named Ian Kiernan as per the process that was decided at the beginning.

Guess they're still trying for the 'populist' approach that old Mike Baird loved.

Now it turns out it was a government ministerial decision overruling the committee that made the recommendations.

It was actually recommended to be named Ian Kiernan as per the process that was decided at the beginning.

Guess they're still trying for the 'populist' approach that old Mike Baird loved.

Speaking of Mike Baird, former NSW Premier, his mother and father (Bruce- retired Pollie)) were passengers on QM2, which we were on, Sydney to HK in March. Sat with them in one of the lounges pre dinner drinks, one night. Convalescing, nothing like a good sea voyage for that.:halo:

No wonder the Maritime Union is jacking up, Ministerial intervention re naming of the new ferry. Not on.

No winged keel?

What about a name for the Light Rail that will thunder down George St. How does Thomas McTankFace stand up to Government thinking!

What about a name for the Light Rail that will thunder down George St. How does Thomas McTankFace stand up to Government thinking!

Sounds good to me, maybe I can be the fat controller.

Are you referring to Trammy McTramFace?

I think it's funny, give people the chance to name something and be ready to accept it. Maybe they should have said they would select from the top 5.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Are you referring to Trammy McTramFace?

Alas,Sydney will never have Trams I think Nifty said that .We could have a new saying "Took of like a George St Tram"clear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727clear.png?emoji-tearsjoy-1678

It is an interesting place NSW. Quite apt for their celebration of criminal arrivals last week

So, our friend Ferry McFerryface is going to get a name change — May Gibbs for all the little gumnuts.

Why, apparently it has been found out the vote result was rigged. Ferry McFerryface was not popular as the govt made out. Oh dear.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-30/ferry-mcferryface-to-be-renamed-to-may-gibbs/9375688

Interesting way of backing out from his poor attempt at a populist decision.

Ok; it cost us tax payers in NSW 100K. it did get a whole lot of publicity for Sydney ferries. I'm happy for that. But lying about it; i'm not.

Ok it's going to be Ian Kiernan now a great choice. For what they guy has done for Sydney Harbour..

Fake news then, wait until I see young Andrew C down here.:evilsmile:

Ok; it cost us tax payers in NSW 100K. it did get a whole lot of publicity for Sydney ferries. I'm happy for that. But lying about it; i'm not.

Ok it's going to be Ian Kiernan now a great choice. For what they guy has done for Sydney Harbour..

No, he got shafted as well. They've switched to May Gibbs, which would have been fine originally, but just makes things even messier given the history.

No, he got shafted as well. They've switched to May Gibbs, which would have been fine originally, but just makes things even messier given the history.

Well who is May Gibbs?:(

Well who is May Gibbs?:(

Snugglepot and CuddlePie ring a bell?

Hi Les,

May Gibbs is a beloved children's author. Her best known work is Snugglepot and Cuddlepie. More a girls type of book. It has never been out of print since 1918.

She is also known for her wonderful illustrations of bush life and during the First World War her postcards of Australian animals and plants were included in Red Cross parcels sent overseas to the troops.

She drew inspiration for her bush drawings from the blue mountains which she fell in love with after moving to Sydney from Perth. Her little bush babies have gumnuts for hats and sometimes if they are lucky they might even have some gum blossoms for clothes.

That the history lesson for today.:D

Snugglepot and CuddlePie ring a bell?

No, sorry.:o Probably because I was raised in England, Germany, Gibraltar and Hong Kong !!! (Army Brat !)

Hi Les,

May Gibbs is a beloved children's author. Her best known work is Snugglepot and Cuddlepie. More a girls type of book. It has never been out of print since 1918.

She is also known for her wonderful illustrations of bush life and during the First World War her postcards of Australian animals and plants were included in Red Cross parcels sent overseas to the troops.

She drew inspiration for her bush drawings from the blue mountains which she fell in love with after moving to Sydney from Perth. Her little bush babies have gumnuts for hats and sometimes if they are lucky they might even have some gum blossoms for clothes.

That the history lesson for today.:D

Thanks for that, now I know all about May Gibbs. As you see from the other post I did not have childhood in Straya, so missed the May Gibbs books.:o Now as for Andrew Constance MP, who apparently got involved with McFerryFace name farce, he is my local State MP - Member for Bega and Minister of Transport.:(

G'day all,

When I was boarding Voyager in Sydney for its Xmas cruise, I made it an effort to see if I could get a pic of Ferry McFerryFace as I suspected that it may end up having its name changed.....Fortunately it rocked up as I was getting pics of Voyager from the Cahill expressway....

Ferry McFerry face - Emerald 6 Circular Quay 20-12-17

I had the inkling that it was going to get a name change and taking the pic confirmed it...the typeface and printing looked ad hoc....compared to the others in the class.

cya

Bl262000

It is an interesting place NSW. Quite apt for their celebration of criminal arrivals last week

So, our friend Ferry McFerryface is going to get a name change — May Gibbs for all the little gumnuts.

Why, apparently it has been found out the vote result was rigged. Ferry McFerryface was not popular as the govt made out. Oh dear.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-30/ferry-mcferryface-to-be-renamed-to-may-gibbs/9375688

The someone who leaked the info obviously didn't like the name or the minister.

Thanks for that, now I know all about May Gibbs. As you see from the other post I did not have childhood in Straya, so missed the May Gibbs books.:o Now as for Andrew Constance MP, who apparently got involved with McFerryFace name farce, he is my local State MP - Member for Bega and Minister of Transport.:(

I think it is a shame that it turned out to be a lie, I liked it as it brought attention to Sydney's ferries.

G'day all,

When I was boarding Voyager in Sydney for its Xmas cruise, I made it an effort to see if I could get a pic of Ferry McFerryFace as I suspected that it may end up having its name changed.....Fortunately it rocked up as I was getting pics of Voyager from the Cahill expressway....

Ferry McFerry face - Emerald 6 Circular Quay 20-12-17

I had the inkling that it was going to get a name change and taking the pic confirmed it...the typeface and printing looked ad hoc....compared to the others in the class.

cya

Bl262000

Nice one. Great pic.

I think it is a shame that it turned out to be a lie, I liked it as it brought attention to Sydney's ferries.

Not all attention is good.

Not all attention is good.

Agreed but in this case, I don't think it will harm tourism but it will harm the credibility of the state government.

I regret to say Mic, I have to disagree, it made us NSW folk look like bogans with that McFerryFace name. They could have called the vessel 'Tony Abbot' something like that.:halo:

I regret to say Mic, I have to disagree, it made us NSW folk look like bogans with that McFerryFace name. They could have called the vessel 'Tony Abbot' something like that.:halo:

lol They would have had to paint some "Bungee jumpers" on the sides to create the imageclear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704 A bit like the sign on a Tradees van I saw recently "AFFORDABLE PLUMBING" how's that for anachronism!clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Not sure it made it bogan(ish) however, I think it was rather fun and childlike.

lol They would have had to paint some "Bungee jumpers" on the sides to create the imageclear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704 A bit like the sign on a Tradees van I saw recently "AFFORDABLE PLUMBING" how's that for anachronism!clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

LOL, I like it. as a former plumber I can tell you that the job can make you very effluent.;p

LOL, I like it. as a former plumber I can tell you that the job can make you very effluent.;p

And 'affluent.' :D

Bungee Jumpers? Surely 'Budgie Smugglers.' on Ferry McAbbot. lol.