MMDown Under

Ferry McFerryface

Locals and visitors will be able to travel on the latest ferry named Ferry McFerryface.

At first I thought it was a joke. But no, the name was voted on by Sydneysiders.

Now I smile every time I read it and can't wait to go on a ferry trip on the beautiful Sydney Harbour on Ferry McFerryface.

What a stupid name for a Sydney Harbour Ferry. I wonder how much McDonalds chipped into buy the vessel or swing the naming rights.:o I cannot believe the public voted for it.

The NSW Government has lost the plot. We have so many legends who could bear the name of a new ferry. :evilsmile:

I think it is funny! What possible connection is there with McDonalds except for the first two letters? Using that logic about 90% of Scotland is sponsored by Maccas.

I think it is funny! What possible connection is there with McDonalds except for the first two letters? Using that logic about 90% of Scotland is sponsored by Maccas.

Ha Ha; They said Boaty McBoatface was already taken; You could travel to the quay on Trainy McTrainface (there is one in Swedan).

Just name it The Tim Cahill; just like the 'Tim CAHILL" expressway above the opt...

Locals and visitors will be able to travel on the latest ferry named Ferry McFerryface.

At first I thought it was a joke. But no, the name was voted on by Sydneysiders.

Now I smile every time I read it and can't wait to go on a ferry trip on the beautiful Sydney Harbour on Ferry McFerryface.

Come on MM spill the beans this is a windup.Even our Loony Victorian Premier would try a name like that !clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Hey what’s happened to the Aussie sense of humour

Unfortunately it got wiped out by the dreaded PC brigade Mr Gut,such a pity.clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

I heard on the news this morning that the ferry staff are going on a strike over the name.

Nothing wrong with humour - but I don't think putting a name like that on one of our ferries is very funny. It'll just look stupid to see imo.

Unfortunately it got wiped out by the dreaded PC brigade Mr Gut,such a pity.clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Totally agree, a bit of a laugh I’ll certainly jump on her if I get half a chance.

I can’t believe the carry on, on the radio over it all.

Nothing wrong with humour - but I don't think putting a name like that on one of our ferries is very funny. It'll just look stupid to see imo.

Used to be known as a nation of larrikins that lived to laugh at ourselves.

Seems for many those days are gone.

Come on MM spill the beans this is a windup.Even our Loony Victorian Premier would try a name like that !clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

15,000 suggestions were made to name six new harbour ferries. The most popular were Victor Chang, Fred Hollows and Catherine Hamlin, which are already cruising the harbour.

Ferry McFerryface follows UK's polar ship named Boaty McBoatface.

Perhaps they are, McHaggis lol. :')

I heard on the news this morning that the ferry staff are going on a strike over the name.

I don't blame them, inappropriate name. :evilsmile: Like what links has 'McFerryface got with NSW legends?:evilsmile:

What is the next names for future ferries? - Colonel Sanders - KFC - Subway - Hungry Jacks ? Give me a break.

Used to be known as a nation of larrikins that lived to laugh at ourselves.

Seems for many those days are gone.

Not sure how copying the same name style from another place is laughing at ourselves.

Doesn't say anything about us, isn't even creative.

I love it , it makes me smile as well [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure how copying the same name style from another place is laughing at ourselves.

Doesn't say anything about us, isn't even creative.

Mainly because they didn’t have the guts to go through with it, rather relegating the name to an exploration vessel carried on board.

Probably why it got the most votes, to say “see we aren’t afraid to be silly”.

But hey why put it to a vote if you’re not going to go along with the outcome.

Probably why it got the most votes, to say “see we aren’t afraid to be silly”.

Given it was an online poll, it's pretty easy to choose a silly option - in fact, that's pretty much a given.

The poll was also launched just after the British poll last year when it was obviously a fresher, newer joke so a pretty obvious choice.

But hey why put it to a vote if you’re not going to go along with the outcome.

Yeah, because the government absolutely undeniably has never broken a commitment - let alone something so accurate and definitive as an internet poll.

I like it,

When I catch a ferry, I go for the time it leaves and not the name of the ferry. That said, I am sure some tourists (and locals on the weekend) will deliberately catch the ferry due to placating a child who wants to ride and get a picture with the Ferry McFerryface.

I 'd like a ride on a ferry with a funny name like that. Anyone got a child I can borrow next time I'm in Sydney, so that I can pretend it is the child that wants the ride, not me?

Was going to say something similar to Mic, been on ferries 100s or maybe 1000s of times, doubt I could have told you the name of any of them, 2minutes after I got off.

Can’t understand why so many are bent out of shape over this.

I 'd like a ride on a ferry with a funny name like that. Anyone got a child I can borrow next time I'm in Sydney, so that I can pretend it is the child that wants the ride, not me?

I have a granddaughter that would love a ferry ride.:D

Was going to say something similar to Mic, been on ferries 100s or maybe 1000s of times, doubt I could have told you the name of any of them, 2minutes after I got off.

Can’t understand why so many are bent out of shape over this.

Exactly, it may be not in line with other ferries names, but then they used to be named after places before that.

I have a granddaughter that would love a ferry ride.:D

Bet she’d prefer a cruise.

In here genes I’d guess.

As long as the ferry is not named Titanic.

McTitanic ? :evilsmile:

So are McDonalds going to take over the snack bar franchise on this new ferry, Quarter pounder please...What ? No Four n' Twenty pies on board? :hearteyes:

15,000 suggestions were made to name six new harbour ferries. The most popular were Victor Chang, Fred Hollows and Catherine Hamlin, which are already cruising the harbour.

Ferry McFerryface follows UK's polar ship named Boaty McBoatface.

Which was in turn named after the famous race horse called Horsey McHorseface. Love the commentary for that race. Check it out on youtube.

Which was in turn named after the famous race horse called Horsey McHorseface.

The joke has been done three times now, sadly it gets less funny with repetition.

I would have called it "Bryan", but nobody under 50 would have got it.

Bet she’d prefer a cruise.

In here genes I’d guess.

Yes, she has enjoyed one already but I am not sure she actually remembers it too much. She drank a lot that cruise.:D

The joke has been done three times now, sadly it gets less funny with repetition.

My son would have got it and he is well under 50. :D

BTW, previous Sydney ferries have been named after Beaches, First fleet ships, Ladies, high achievers or people of renown, indigenous people, gems and types of vessels.

BTW, previous Sydney ferries have been named after Beaches, First fleet ships, Ladies, high achievers or people of renown, indigenous people, gems and types of vessels.

We could have called the new ferry, Mr and Mrs GUT, what say ye? Bottle of $5.95 Eagle Hawk Australian Sparkling Wine at the launch, who need Moet? :halo: Or even Sir Benjo, or Anne Sherry, all legends in the cruise industry.

In the good ole days, Sydney ferries had memorable names and histories. The greatest of all was the South Steyne. I remember many Manly crossings and even a bouncy trip up the coast to Broken Bay. I don't think the latest option will be as memorable.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/manly-daily/south-steynes-rivals-left-floundering-in-the-wake-of-her-prestige/news-story/3f2f0c6fad57ce19a81a2fc758616db6

We could have called the new ferry, Mr and Mrs GUT, what say ye? Bottle of $5.95 Eagle Hawk Australian Sparkling Wine at the launch, who need Moet? :halo: Or even Sir Benjo, or Anne Sherry, all legends in the cruise industry.

All good suggestions.

What about Gutty Mcgutface.?

All good suggestions.

What about Gutty Mcgutface.?

Or McMic ?? :p

LOL, what about Lessy Mc LesFace:o

Accepted and a life time Ferry pass.:p

C'mon C'mon....

Let's stick together - on this