Majesty moving to Tampa

Just checked our ressie on line. Moving from EM to MJ in Tampa on 8/20/18. Our JS from EM has been changed to an interior on deck 4, the price has increased close to $500, and the itin has changed from Key West to Costa Maya! Will call them after I settle down a bit and get some breakfast.

Rick and Deirdra

Wow, that's worse than what they did to Ellen! Are there any JS staterooms still available on the MJ cruise?

Just checked our ressie on line. Moving from EM to MJ in Tampa on 8/20/18. Our JS from EM has been changed to an interior on deck 4, the price has increased close to $500, and the itin has changed from Key West to Costa Maya! Will call them after I settle down a bit and get some breakfast.

Rick and Deirdra

We sure wouldn’t be happy or accepting for a switch from a JS to an interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, most are still available. We booked EM on board MJ while they were giving a nice offer after cancelling one night due to the hurricane. And trading Key West for Costa Maya is a huge disappointment.

R&D

Normally I'd say wait a few days and it would probably fix itself, but in this case I'd do what you mentioned earlier and call as there are a limited number of JS staterooms.

I haven’t received anything,other than original notice of ship/itinerary change, regarding our 10/1 Empress sailing but I am already bummed by the port change...I planned this cruise to celebrate my birthday in Key West.

Called the re-deployment dept. at 888-281-9344, on hold for a while, of course. Initially I was asked if I wanted to cancel. They appeared eager to do that. I continued to explain the situation but was told in a nice way there was nothing they could do to help us. Kind of like take it or leave it. He then offered to take it to someone in resolutions. He came back after a while with the same decision. I asked to talk to the resolutions person. It was like trying to buy a new car.

Finally, resolutions understood the situation. They didn't want to honor MJ's offer, but did eventually. We got most of what we wanted. Our favorite JS on MJ, not the inside they first offered. There was a charge of an extra $180 each for us that they somehow found in the fine print. We are OK with that as it was worth my rising blood pressure coming back down. Our C&A balcony discount was not offered, but we did remind them of it and it was added.

Rick and Deirdra

Just checked our reservations for 7 OV cabins, which should have been transferred from the Empress over to the Majesty by now. Well, folks, 3 are still showing on the Empress, 3 have been moved to the Majesty but changed from OV to interior rooms, and only 1 was changed correctly to an OV on Deck 7!! WTH!!clear.png?emoji-mad-1709 Down BP, down!!!clear.png?emoji-loudcry-1721 Since the web site seems pretty hectic right now, I have decided to hold off calling RCI until December 1st; in the meantime, I emailed C&A, asking for HELP!!clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Rick & Deirdra: Thankgoodness you have been able to sort things out with the Change over!

Now SilkySal: Keep check of your blood pressure! Royal's Right hand doesn't know what it's Left hand is doing!

Yeah, glad to hear Rick and Deirdra were able to get satisfaction!:) If it were just our one cabin, I would have probably called too but, whew, 7 cabins! I'm thinking this call will take quite awhile, so wanted to wait until all reservations are transferred and then try to get them corrected (hopefully). Not sure I could accomplish much by calling now in the middle of the chaos!!:eek: I am also hoping that C&A will step in to help out! Is that realistic or am I dreaming?:rolleyes:

SilkySal: I agree trying to organize 7 cabins will be challenging! What I don't understand is why would they move you from OV to interior? You have obviously paid additional $ to have that view! If you call the Crn.&Anchor line, hopefully they can direct you to the rep who will listen, and simply get the 7 cabins back to their original category WITHOUT any additional $ having to be paid! Good luck, keep us posted!

Called the re-deployment dept. at 888-281-9344, on hold for a while, of course. Initially I was asked if I wanted to cancel. They appeared eager to do that. I continued to explain the situation but was told in a nice way there was nothing they could do to help us. Kind of like take it or leave it. He then offered to take it to someone in resolutions. He came back after a while with the same decision. I asked to talk to the resolutions person. It was like trying to buy a new car.

Finally, resolutions understood the situation. They didn't want to honor MJ's offer, but did eventually. We got most of what we wanted. Our favorite JS on MJ, not the inside they first offered. There was a charge of an extra $180 each for us that they somehow found in the fine print. We are OK with that as it was worth my rising blood pressure coming back down. Our C&A balcony discount was not offered, but we did remind them of it and it was added.

Rick and Deirdra

I don't understand why they couldn't give you what you had, but this is much better than it was. Thanks for the update Rick.

We are booked on Majesty for May 2018, and we just received an email stating that all our cruise planner excursions, that were booked and paid for on Empress have been cancelled. Furthermore, tours that were offered and booked on Empress are no longer available on the Majesty. This means that we arrive in Havana at 2PM and no tours offered until the 8:30 PM Tropicana tour, so 6 hours that we can't get off the ship according to the new guidelines for visiting Cuba.

Also, we are having trouble getting our stateroom reassigned. They want to charge us $80.00 more for our new assigned room. Don't believe them when they say everything will transfer over to the new ship, it's not happening for us at the moment. :(:'):mad:

We are booked on Majesty for May 2018, and we just received an email stating that all our cruise planner excursions, that were booked and paid for on Empress have been cancelled. Furthermore, tours that were offered and booked on Empress are no longer available on the Majesty. This means that we arrive in Havana at 2PM and no tours offered until the 8:30 PM Tropicana tour, so 6 hours that we can't get off the ship according to the new guidelines for visiting Cuba.

Also, we are having trouble getting our stateroom reassigned. They want to charge us $80.00 more for our new assigned room. Don't believe them when they say everything will transfer over to the new ship, it's not happening for us at the moment. :(:'):mad:

Will they allow a full refund if you decide to cancel?

I'd bet there will be excursions added between now and next year.... That, and people have been reporting that they can get off the ship, as well- even without any ship excursions booked. Hopefully, that will stay that way, as we don't want to do ship excursions.

After some hair pulling, we managed to re-book on the Majesty, in a JS. It was odd for a while, one Empress JS was moved to an OV on the Majesty, and the other was not moved. A call fixed that, and also fixed the prices to the older level.