Empress Redeployment

Forgive me if this is already known and posted elsewhere, but I just received an email from RC saying my cruise planned for August 2018 on the Empress is being transferred to the Majesty out of Tampa.

We have never cruised on the smaller ships and wanted to try the Empress after heaving the great reviews of the smallest ship in the fleet on here. Looks like the Majesty is in the same class, so no heartburn at this time.

Anyone know where the Empress is going?

Forgive me if this is already known and posted elsewhere, but I just received an email from RC saying my cruise planned for August 2018 on the Empress is being transferred to the Majesty out of Tampa.

We have never cruised on the smaller ships and wanted to try the Empress after heaving the great reviews of the smallest ship in the fleet on here. Looks like the Majesty is in the same class, so no heartburn at this time.

While Royal lists the 2 ships together they are not in the same class. Emoress is about half the size of Majesty.

I don't know but we just got an email stating that our Majesty cruise is now going to be on the Enchantment out of PC Weird!!

You certainly have a knack for being booked on all these cruise that get chartered, changed, moved etc...

It wouldn't have anything to do with having so many cruises booked would it?:halo:

While Royal lists the 2 ships together they are not in the same class. Emoress is about half the size of Majesty.

Hmm, well that's a bit disappointing. We really didn't even care much about the itinerary here, just wanted to try a small ship after being on Freedom and Oasis classes recently.

Majesty is a little bigger, but still enjoyable. I've done her 5 times, and had no real intention to book #6, but turns out Royal pulled a surprise on me. I saw your thread, so now I don't have to worry about getting flamed for starting a thread that already exists. Some self appointed moderators just love to do that, so they can get you! ;)

Too me this has a bit of irony to it. I cruised Majesty 3 times out of Miami, and I well remember saying, "I'm done with this ship" after the 3rd time. I wanted to try Enchantment out of Port Canaveral but was leery of cruising from there. We ended up cruising on Freedom out of PC and I loved it, so I was ready to book Enchantment. But that was when Royal decided to move her to Miami. I broke down and book Majesty for the 4th time as our 2nd cruise in 2016.. We had a wonderful time on our road trip/short 2nd cruise of the year and did it again in 2017. 2017's cruise was shortened by 1 day, but we again had a great time and reinforced our enjoyment of a short second cruise of the year that was a road trip. Looking ahead, I saw Empress on a 5 day cruise that included Key West. Tampa is almost exactly the same distance to drive for us as Port Canaveral. I got a credit for our shortened Majesty cruise and used it to book a real low non-refundable cruise for Empress. Well, I have a while to figure this out.

Off to read the replies.

I don't know but we just got an email stating that our Majesty cruise is now going to be on the Enchantment out of PC Weird!!

Well, that answers my other question :) It may help me decide what I want to do as well. (see message 16)

I'm not rushing to make a decision, but I just tried to use Royal's website and pick Enchantment and September of 2018 and got a funky worthless page. I guess I can excuse Royal's website this time.

I'm on her this January out of Miami. Would have been a shorter drive to PC.

You drive to Miami from ON? Where in Ontario are you? I grew up 32 miles south of Long Point. PC and Tampa are both almost exactly 1000 miles from me, that seems to be my limit for a road trip cruise.

I am booked on Empress for May 2018 and just read the email. I'm not sure what to think. I'm not familiar with either ship....have only been on the larger ones. Came here to see what others are saying.

I kind of booked Empress just for the thought of trying this ship, but that was only one factor. I may end up going on Majesty for the 6th time. I'm sure you can find plenty of thread, but I know most of my reviews of Majesty cover Nassua and Coco Cay.

You drive to Miami from ON? Where in Ontario are you? I grew up 32 miles south of Long Point. PC and Tampa are both almost exactly 1000 miles from me, that seems to be my limit for a road trip cruise.

In 15 years of travelling south either to Orlando when the kids were younger or to cruise ports twice a year for the last 6 years we have only flown once and that was to San Juan. (If I could have drove I would have)

We are just east of Toronto so it's about 22 hours to Port Canaveral and another 4 or so to FLL or MIA. To top it off we drive straight through taking turns driving.

What we save on flights allow us to travel twice a year.