Empress Redeployment

Forgive me if this is already known and posted elsewhere, but I just received an email from RC saying my cruise planned for August 2018 on the Empress is being transferred to the Majesty out of Tampa

Anyone know where the Empress is going?

I received the same email for our Sept 2018 cruise. I am bummed!!! I loved sailing Empress. I wonder why the change....

My notice was the change from Empress to Majesty. I am still hopeful that Cuba is still an option as that was the reason I wanted this cruise. Although my DH is resisting Cuba, I was hoping to talk him into it by the summer of 2019.

What??? No no no! I love the Majesty, and the one time I was on the Enchantment... well let's just say I was less than enchanted. Maybe it was just an off week for the crew, (dirty everywhere) or maybe it was the company I was with (boring).

Hi: I am not sailing on the Empress until b-b March 2/2019 to March 11/2019, and I received the same e-mail stating that I will now be on the Majesty. No change to port of departure from Ft. Lauderdale. The Empress was my first cruise in 1991, and she seemed so big at the time. Now, she looks like a "little Minnow" compared to the Oasis and Quantum class ships! But, she is a very nice ship. Disappointing indeed!

Disappointing indeed!

For what it’s worth, my Empress 5 day in February 2018 seems to still be a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same with my Empress 5 day to Cuba in Dec. 2018, out of Ft Lauderdale.

She is, however, changing homeports, but that was already planned.

From Tampa to FLL for a bit, then to Miami permanently, if I recall correctly..

Maybe this recent shuffle has to do with that.

I would think it's too soon after the latest anti-Cuba document for them to see mass cancellations on the Cuba itineraries, which are (so far) planned to continue when the Empress moves south.

I haven’t as of yet received an email either as s travel agent or a booked passenger for Oct 2018 cruise. I saw this on FB though

November 15, 2017

Dear Valued Travel Partner,

We'd like to provide you with important information on upcoming sailings. Due to ship repositioning plans, the following sailings are being modified.

- Empress of the Seas: 5/9/18 - 3/30/19

o Guests on these sailings will have their ship changed to Majesty of the Seas

o In addition to the change in ship, the 6/25/18, 8/6/18, 9/3/18, 9/17/18, and 10/1/18 sailings' itineraries will be modified. The updated itinerary is outlined below.

DAY

PORT OF CALL

ARRIVE

DEPART

Mon

Tampa, FL

4:00 PM

Tue

Cruising

Wed

Costa Maya, Mexico

9:00 AM

6:00 PM

Thurs

Cozumel, Mexico

7:00 AM

6:00 PM

Fri

Cruising

Sat

Tampa, FL

7:00 AM

- Majesty of the Seas: 6/22/18 - 4/29/19

o Guests on these sailings will have their ship changed to Enchantment of the Seas

- Enchantment of the Seas: 3/18/19 - 4/15/19

o Guests on these sailings will be moved to Vision of the Seas, a ship in the same class

Please note all guests will remain in their same cabin category, itinerary, sail date and departure port. There is no action needed, as our system will process these changes internally through November 20. Please note these sailings will not be accessible until Tuesday, November 21, when our system maintenance is completed. After this date, we can assist you with any changes or modifications that are needed.

To accommodate these ship repositionings, the following sailings are being cancelled:

- Majesty of the Seas: 5/7/18 - 6/18/18

- Enchantment of the Seas: 6/23/18 - 3/13/19 & 4/19/19

- Vision of the Seas: 3/9/19 - 4/13/19

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these cancellations have caused. In order to appropriately compensate your clients, we are offering the following:

Option 1: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

- Please note some sailings will not be available to book until Tuesday, November 21

- Receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

o $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

o Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

- Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

- Protected commission, only if paid in full

Option 2: Only available to guests on the cancelled Majesty of the Seas sailings 5/7/18 - 6/18/18

- Re-book any of the following 2018 sail dates:

o Enchantment of the Seas: 5/7, 5/11, 5/14, 5/18, 5/21, 5/25, 5/28, 6/1, 6/4, 6/8, 6/11, 6/15, 6/18

o Majesty of the Seas: 4/13, 4/16, 4/20, 4/23, 4/27, 4/30

- The original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items

- Receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

o $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

o Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

- Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

- Protected commission, only if paid in full

If your clients would like to cancel their cruise without re-booking, they will receive a full refund of the cruise, including any non-refundable deposit. They will also receive reimbursement for any airline charges, up to $200 for Domestic flights and up to $300 for International flights. In addition, any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment.

Due to system maintenance caused by these ship repositionings your client's booking, along with other select sailings, will be unavailable to access until November 21. After this date, we will personally call you to ensure we reach the best possible solution for them. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 888-281-9344.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Sounds like system is being updated through 11/21 so can’t see anything yet. My bookings still show with no changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks RoLoHa for all that important information. Bill OH, yes it will be interesting to see where the new stateroom assignment will be. I am across the back of the boat on the 9th deck, chosen so it would be a quiet area. When I was on her this past March, I wasn't aware there would be 1700 College students on board for their spring break. I was upgraded to the owner's suite at the back, absolutely perfect, no noise coming from those students down the halls. I can only hope that I will be fortunate enough to get an upgrade again.

Does anyone know if there is either a diamond or concierge lounge on board?

Thanks CapeCoralCruiser for the info! Sounds like the same scenario that was on my recent Vision cruise.

My family used to rent a house in Cape Coral for many years at 5640 Deauville Court. Wonderful location with the waterway on two sides of the house. Absolutely loved it!. I assume we will shortly know our fate with the new ship deployment. Should be interesting indeed!