Empress Redeployment

Well, it appears that my 10/1 Empress cruise may actually end up being cancelled. Not sure what’s going on but Majesty has nothing scheduled for 10/1. Possibly a charter since there are five days in between the 9/26 and 10/6 sailings. Maybe they will finally contact me this week and let me know what’s really going on....

If it is a charter, it could take weeks to get notified. Don't change the booking until you get official notice from the cruise line.

Bill did you call Redeployment number given in the notice or just the main number? Just wondering because the Redeployment team usually is good with this sort of thing...

I'll have to find that email again and look for the number, I guess I forgot about it.

Does anyone still have that redeployment number?

Bill: The redeployment number is 1-888-281-9344.

Thanks, I rechecked my email and it didn't contain that number. All I got was

n order to accommodate this change in our system, your sailing will undergo maintenance and will be closed through November 20. During this time, your booking will not be accessible online or through our call center. Rest assured that your existing booking will be moved over to the new ship and as of November 21 you can make any changes you would like. Thank you for understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard and we know you will have an amazing adventure.

Sincerely,

Arrgh, I'll get there eventually! C&A numbers open at 8am eastern, but not the re-deployment line. It just said they were closed, call back during regular hours without saying what they are. 9am Eastern, I assume. Will try again shortly. Thanks for the number.

Bill: The redeployment number is 1-888-281-9344.

FYI, That number was the resolutions Desk, when I gave them my reservation number I was told I was tied to CONSUMER OUTREACH and given 866-506-7245 Consumer Outreach.

FYI, That number was the resolutions Desk, when I gave them my reservation number I was told I was tied to CONSUMER OUTREACH and given 866-506-7245 Consumer Outreach.

Well, that call wasn't totally unproductive ;) Many of the people who booked Empress and are now on Majesty have had their reservation updated. Mine has not and nobody knows why. I did verify that I can change ships or cruise dates and my future cruise credit will follow me and my non refundable deposit will be transferred as well. Small steps, glad this is the 2nd cruise on my current books and is still 200 days away.

Bill: Sorry about that! That was the #the Crn.& Anch. Desk gave me regarding any issues with the change over! Glad it is starting to get resolved!

No problem, I got where I needed to go and I shouldn't be in a hurry, I'm just afraid this one is in some black hole somwhere.

Seems like everyone in this situation has had their reservation updated already. Email said it would be done by 11/21.

Edited by BillOh

No problem, I got where I needed to go and I shouldn't be in a hurry, I'm just afraid this one is in some black hole somwhere.

Please let me (us) know how (if?) your reservation problem gets resolved. Some of our 7 bookings for Empress remain unchanged and 3 of the others have been changed from OV to INT cabins on different decks.:eek: I am still hesitant to call just yet cause I don't think the change over is complete. Thinking I should wait until next week to call somebody but unsure of who that somebody is!!!:confused: Appreciate your help after you get some satisfaction!;p

Please let me (us) know how (if?) your reservation problem gets resolved. Some of our 7 bookings for Empress remain unchanged and 3 of the others have been changed from OV to INT cabins on different decks.:eek: I am still hesitant to call just yet cause I don't think the change over is complete. Thinking I should wait until next week to call somebody but unsure of who that somebody is!!!:confused: Appreciate your help after you get some satisfaction!;p

I'll remember to come back and post here. Things must be fluid as I keep hearing more and more people say their reservation has been changed. I called the regular C&A number on Sunday and got a clueless guy. I'm sort of glad to hear others haven't had their changed yet. My only impatience now comes from finding I could transfer my reservation to balcony on Enchantment at the same price on today's sale, but my reservation is locked. Oh, well, this is another unplanned 2nd cruise the worst thing that can happen is I cancel and lose $200 actual dollars and $170 in credit.

I called Redeployment desk today just to inquire about the status of my reservation being updated....they were super nice but put me on hold as they needed to contact Revenue, the department they say is actually making all the reservation updates. Basically was told that they see nothing amiss and my reservation will be moved over to the Majesty 10/1 sailing as soon as they get to it, but, the process is taking a bit longer than planned and hopefully will be complete by Friday 12/1. Just to verify, I also called Consumer Outreach number and they were also VERY nice, but this rep told me that the date for completing this process has now be updated to 12/5!?

Edited by RoLoHa

but this rep told me that the date for completing this process has now be updated to 12/5!?

I didn't get a date, but I'll keep this 12/5 date in mind and check again then. If I get a decent cabin on Majesty I might keep it, but I may also switch to Enchantment. My only fear is the Enchantment price will go up before 12/5. I could have had a great deal today.

BillOh could you possibly book the Enchantement with a refundable deposit and wait to see how the accommodation arrangements for the Majesty end up?

I also received notice that my transpacific from Sydney to Hawaii for April/ 20 has been cancelled. The "Ovation/ Seas is heading for Alaska from it's Asia run. Always something!

Saw you were raised on Lake Erie, how did you end up in Ohio? I live on Lake Ontario!

My August 25, 2018 cruise was still showing Empress in "My Cruises".

I called the Redeployment number posted here on CC and was transferred to the Consumer Outreach dept. The rep at CO transferred my booking over to Majesty right then and I was able to choose the cabin I wanted.

My August 25, 2018 cruise was still showing Empress in "My Cruises".

I called the Redeployment number posted here on CC and was transferred to the Consumer Outreach dept. The rep at CO transferred my booking over to Majesty right then and I was able to choose the cabin I wanted.

Big sigh, mine wouldn't do that, but maybe because they are taking them in order and you are 3 weeks ahead of me.

BillOh could you possibly book the Enchantement with a refundable deposit and wait to see how the accommodation arrangements for the Majesty end up?

I also received notice that my transpacific from Sydney to Hawaii for April/ 20 has been cancelled. The "Ovation/ Seas is heading for Alaska from it's Asia run. Always something!

Saw you were raised on Lake Erie, how did you end up in Ohio? I live on Lake Ontario!

I considered it, but this was supposed to be a unplanned 2nd cruise with little or no effort put into it. We wouldn't even have book this one, but I had a $170 refund from last year's cruise that I was required to book another in 30 days. Ohio does have the largest Lake Erie coastline, but I grew up on the 35 mile stretch in PA. Came to Columbus to go to school and stayed here because of the better economy.

To all you Empress cruisers who are book to Cuba, the new info regarding the repositioning between her and the Majesty of the Sea, the information has been posted. If you check your booking # on the RCL site, you should be able to see your new cabin #. Hope you get a more favorable location than we did. We wound up on deck #2? Since our booking was through an agency, we had to cancel it outright and start over. I switched agencies and re-booked getting exactly what I wanted. We are so looking forward to visiting Cuba and our first cruise with RCL. Good luck!

To all you Empress cruisers who are book to Cuba, the new info regarding the repositioning between her and the Majesty of the Sea, the information has been posted. If you check your booking # on the RCL site, you should be able to see your new cabin #. Hope you get a more favorable location than we did. We wound up on deck #2? Since our booking was through an agency, we had to cancel it outright and start over. I switched agencies and re-booked getting exactly what I wanted. We are so looking forward to visiting Cuba and our first cruise with RCL. Good luck!

Up, on Deck 2? 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Well, I got a reply email from C&A about our 7 booked cabins on Empress for October 24-29, 2018, which basically states that nothing can be done "over the phone" and I would need to call the redeployment department @ 888-281-9344. I looked at our reservations and another one has been transferred correctly but 2 have not been transferred at all, and 3 are still showing transfers from OV cabins on Deck 7 to interior cabins, 2 on Deck 2 and the other on Deck 6. What a mess!:eek: Since some have been told to wait until December 5th for all transfers to be complete, I think I will do that, as I am not looking forward to the lengthy phone call to get everything straightened out.:loudcry: Praying for a miracle at this point!:halo: Anxiously awaiting your outcome, BillOh!!!

:loudcry: Praying for a miracle at this point!:halo: Anxiously awaiting your outcome, BillOh!!!

i was reading the the board today and saw a thread on Jewel price drops. I booked my Jewel cruise 500 days ago and thought it might be worth checking, so I called C&A and got a $700 price drop. While I was on the line, I asked about this reservation and they said it still show EMPRESS and is locked. I've put Tuesday 12/5 on my calendar to try and call them again that day.

i was reading the the board today and saw a thread on Jewel price drops. I booked my Jewel cruise 500 days ago and thought it might be worth checking, so I called C&A and got a $700 price drop. While I was on the line, I asked about this reservation and they said it still show EMPRESS and is locked. I've put Tuesday 12/5 on my calendar to try and call them again that day.

What cabin class has a $700 drop?

What cabin class has a $700 drop?

I have the coveted Corner Aft (d1) on Jewel for next April (see my signature) I booked it 500 days ago and heard about the price drops for cruises from San Juan and sure enough! This is the 2nd time cruise critic has save me big money.

By the way, I've said $700 in some places and $600 in others. Looking at the paperwork it was actually $648 I looked at switching to a JS and that would have ended up being about $100 more. Decided to stick with the cabin I had in case AZ Karaoke Girl comes along and tries to steal it again.

I know that it is probably a lot of wishful thinking, but how awesome would it be for those of us who live in GA, NC, SC and other nearby states if Royal redeployed the Empress to Charleston? Carnival has been operating the Ecstasy with zero competition and charging a premium for Bahamas sailings that sell for half the price from Florida ports.

Norwegian used to operate 7 night sailings with the Norwegian Majesty and Celebrity used to operate 10 night sailings on the Mercury. I think that the Empress would be the perfect ship to introduce people in this region to Royal Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums