Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
notoriousrmb

Empress Redeployment

Recommended Posts

I said I was going to wait till 12/5 to call, but my reservation still says Empress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I said I was going to wait till 12/5 to call, but my reservation still says Empress.

 

Two of our 7 still say Empress, as well.:loudcry:

I also received a notification from RCCL that I have one day to pay $13 and some odd cents. I swiped/deleted it from my phone before actual reading it, thinking it would be in an email. Can't find any messages on My Cruise account and I can't retrieve the original notification, so I have no idea what they are talking about! Hope they don't delete any of my bookings!

Edited by SilkySal
add sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Two of our 7 still say Empress, as well.:loudcry:

I also received a notification from RCCL that I have one day to pay $13 and some odd cents. I swiped/deleted it from my phone before actual reading it, thinking it would be in an email. Can't find any messages on My Cruise account and I can't retrieve the original notification, so I have no idea what they are talking about! Hope they don't delete any of my bookings!

 

 

I know you mentioned it before, but I'm giving serious thought to changing to your cruise once the changes are made, but I guess I have to wait till they finalize the change of ship. If they will let me do your cruise at the same price, I think we will do it. We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out this morning that when RCL changed my MJ bookings to the EN they decided to change my rate from a refundable one to one to a nonrefundable rate. I only found out when I did not get my $200 dpeosit back after cancelling one of them. They said it was changed on 11/21 which was the date that RCL switched the bookings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just found out this morning that when RCL changed my MJ bookings to the EN they decided to change my rate from a refundable one to one to a nonrefundable rate. I only found out when I did not get my $200 dpeosit back after cancelling one of them. They said it was changed on 11/21 which was the date that RCL switched the bookings

 

 

Maybe that is worth fighting for with Resolutions, they are making lots of mistakes in this conversion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maybe that is worth fighting for with Resolutions, they are making lots of mistakes in this conversion.

 

I did- They can see that when I booked it was a refundable fare. They are crediting my $200 back, it's just another unneccesary long phone call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just found out this morning that when RCL changed my MJ bookings to the EN they decided to change my rate from a refundable one to one to a nonrefundable rate. I only found out when I did not get my $200 dpeosit back after cancelling one of them. They said it was changed on 11/21 which was the date that RCL switched the bookings

Will they acknowledge a mistake and give you a refund?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know you mentioned it before, but I'm giving serious thought to changing to your cruise once the changes are made, but I guess I have to wait till they finalize the change of ship. If they will let me do your cruise at the same price, I think we will do it. We will see.

 

Glad you are considering changing to our cruise and hope it works out!;) BTW, I caved and just called (888-281-9344 Shawn) since our 7 cabins were so screwed up. After 1/2-hour, Shawn and his "team" worked on our 7 reservations, which he said were now successfully transferred to OV cabins on Deck 7, even all together!:D However, he did say to give it about a week before things are "totally" done for me to receive the new invoices, which he assured me that he "price protected" all of them. We'll see next week!:rolleyes: He also shared some info that, since some people may want to cancel this cruise, they have been asked to wait until the entire process is complete, which has moved farther out until December 12th, which will be the first opportunity for anyone to cancel this cruise. So, if you want the opportunity to get a balcony (which are currently all booked), he suggested to wait until after December 12th for the balcony cancellations. One of our couples have been wanting to switch from an OV to a balcony but am wondering what the extra cost would be?:confused:

Edited by SilkySal
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
since some people may want to cancel this cruise, they have been asked to wait until the entire process is complete, which has moved farther out until December 12th, which will be the first opportunity for anyone to cancel this cruise. :confused:

 

 

Thanks for that info, your information has been helpful as we go through this. Its a second cruise in 2018 for just the two of us that I could cancel at a whim and not worry about it, so I see your situation is a little more tense. For you and other people like you I think I've content to wait and see what is offered. I do have my wife checking her vacation schedule to see if this will work for her, I know I'm ok with the date.

 

I think from memory, the only balcony cabins on Majesty are deck 10 and a junior suite and above. You think after 5 sailings on this ship I would know for sure! If I remember right, you have not been on Majesty before? I'll start sharing some of our stuff from that ship in your roll call when I have confirmed we are on your cruise with your crew!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just called and after an hour on hold got nothing accomplished. For some as yet unspecified reason, the 10/1 Empress Cruise has not yet been auto processed at all even though later sailings have been. The Redeployment staff is prevented from making any changes manually at all for this sailing. No reason, no info. Lots of excuses. I imagine they will be willing at some point to waive my non-refundable deposit and let me cancel and get a refund. But of course by that time my alternatives will be limited. Until then I am in a holding pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just called and after an hour on hold got nothing accomplished. For some as yet unspecified reason, the 10/1 Empress Cruise has not yet been auto processed at all even though later sailings have been. The Redeployment staff is prevented from making any changes manually at all for this sailing. No reason, no info. Lots of excuses. I imagine they will be willing at some point to waive my non-refundable deposit and let me cancel and get a refund. But of course by that time my alternatives will be limited. Until then I am in a holding pattern.

 

 

Same here as you well know. Since my cruise is 2 weeks before yours, if mine opens up, I will let you know by posting here. I did talk to the customer outreach and he said my non-refundable deposit is transferable, but I didn't ask about a total refund I could have switched to a great price on Enchantment on Cyber Monday, but they couldn't touch my reservation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for that info, your information has been helpful as we go through this. Its a second cruise in 2018 for just the two of us that I could cancel at a whim and not worry about it, so I see your situation is a little more tense. For you and other people like you I think I've content to wait and see what is offered. I do have my wife checking her vacation schedule to see if this will work for her, I know I'm ok with the date.

 

I think from memory, the only balcony cabins on Majesty are deck 10 and a junior suite and above. You think after 5 sailings on this ship I would know for sure! If I remember right, you have not been on Majesty before? I'll start sharing some of our stuff from that ship in your roll call when I have confirmed we are on your cruise with your crew!

 

Thanks for your help too! I do believe "patience" is in order here, so I don't intend to look at our reservations until either RCI sends me the new invoices or on December 12th, whichever comes first!:rolleyes: Yes, I do believe the only balconies are junior suites and above on the Majesty. Our other couple confirmed that they do want to switch from their OV to a JS if possible, so I will look into that on the 12th, hoping that one becomes available!:cool: I would consider an upsell, as well, but not if it's over $500!:eek: What would you consider to be a fair upsell price from OV to JS?

Edited by SilkySal
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:eek: What would you consider to be a fair upsell price from OV to JS?

 

 

Back in 2007 I paid an extra $300 for 2 people to go to that JS on a 4 day cruise. I still think the Cuba cruises have a premium price and I've seen it as high as $1000 recently on 4-5 day cruises. I keep trying to play the "This isn't the ship or itinerary I booked card"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Back in 2007 I paid an extra $300 for 2 people to go to that JS on a 4 day cruise. I still think the Cuba cruises have a premium price and I've seen it as high as $1000 recently on 4-5 day cruises. I keep trying to play the "This isn't the ship or itinerary I booked card"

 

The $300 extra would be a great price, I think. I may even throw in the "what if 2 couples agreed to give up their OV cabins for a 2-bedroom grande suite?":confused: You never know, right?:rolleyes: Hey, one can dream!:halo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have still not seen our updated invoices yet but will (patiently:rolleyes:) "try" to wait until December 12th, or whichever occurs first, to take a look at My Cruises accounts!! Hoping for the best for all of us!!:halo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday when I inquired I was told there were more delays and it may be 12/17 or later before I hear or see anything about my 10/1 cruise.

 

 

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Friday when I inquired I was told there were more delays and it may be 12/17 or later before I hear or see anything about my 10/1 cruise.

 

Sent from my iPad using Forums

 

Not liking the sound of that at all! Waiting until the 12th is hard enough!:loudcry: Help us Santa!:rolleyes: Does anybody know if the Majesty even has 2 bedroom grande suites? I know the RFS has 2 bedrooms but that's way too pricey for us!:eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not liking the sound of that at all! Waiting until the 12th is hard enough!:loudcry: Help us Santa!:rolleyes: Does anybody know if the Majesty even has 2 bedroom grande suites? I know the RFS has 2 bedrooms but that's way too pricey for us!:eek:

 

 

The waiting is killing me too, I keep logging in and seing no changes, but maybe I will go ahead and try Friday. Besides the difficulty getting the room changed and keeping my protected rate, I'm anticipating difficulty getting it changed to your week. I'm indifferent about Cuba, but will be happy to say I've been there. I'm glad my April cruise activity is heating up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill - I also notice that, when I do a mock booking of that week on the Majesty, there are JS and OV cabins still available. I would think that one should be unable to book anything until all of the transfers are completed!:confused: I can see that being a problem. Maybe you should go ahead with the booking and then cancel the other one all together?:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bill - I also notice that, when I do a mock booking of that week on the Majesty, there are JS and OV cabins still available. I would think that one should be unable to book anything until all of the transfers are completed!:confused: I can see that being a problem. Maybe you should go ahead with the booking and then cancel the other one all together?:rolleyes:

If they allow new bookings now, I suspect they will be getting more money for the stateroom than if they do the transfers.:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If they allow new bookings now, I suspect they will be getting more money for the stateroom than if they do the transfers.:rolleyes:

 

Hah! I imagine you are correct! Show me the money is their catch phrase!:evilsmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hah! I imagine you are correct! Show me the money is their catch phrase!:evilsmile:

 

I also have $170 in credit from last year's Majesty cruise. And I did a non-refundable deposit for this cruise with the full intenion of sailing on Empress for 5 days. i'm confident they will let me switch keeping my deposit and credit, but would guess they would move the credit over to a new cruise and refund my deposit if I was to totally cancel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • NCL Sail-Away Giveaway Sweepstakes - Win a 7-Day Cruise on Norwegian Joy!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...