Mini Suite upgrade

jtdlmc

I received the email today to upgrade from my balcony cabin on the Epic to a mini suite (as well as Haven cabins but not interested in them). I am tempted to put in a bid. But I wonder ... I chose the current cabin because of proximity to certain things, although not a big deal, but made sure there are cabins above and below. These upgrades are basically the same as booking a "guarantee" category correct? If I received an upgrade it could be on any deck in any location right? I almost wish I hadn't got the email so I wouldn't have to make this decision lol [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's a gamble. Ultimately it comes down to "Do I want a bathtub and a slightly longer couch?" or "Do I want to know exactly where my cabin is going to be?"

But if you've put that much time into researching your cabin location, you're probably better off with what you have rather than risking it for a one-category upgrade.

Based on how carefully you chose your room, I would stay put. The other option is to pay "full price" to upgrade to the mini-suite. You're sailing in an off-peak season, so prices may drop enough to where you can move from your balcony to a mini-suite for two or three hundred total but still get to pick your room.

As others have said, the only difference is a slightly larger bathroom and couch - there's really not much difference between the two.