Cruise Critic Community
beshears

Trip Insurance Store (travel insurance)

1 hour ago, beshears said:

GeezerCouple, thanks for your response.  I believe my friend sent off everything that was needed  (she is in AZ., and I am in MO.), and is still trying to re cooperate from her surgery, doing a lot of therapy, before she has the last surgery to take care of her shoulder.

Thanks.

As I just posted in my other post today, we learned about ALL of this "travel insurance stuff" here on CC.  It just hadn't occurred to us before. DUH. 

OTOH, we had not previously been taking trips that were both expensive AND pre-paid/non-refundable.

So I try to "pay it forward" and help in an area where we've (unfortunately) developed more experience than we would like to have.

There are still special situations that I don't understand, and Steve (TripInsuranceStore) has been *so* patient answering "what if" questions.  And sometimes, that affects what coverage we get, of course.

I'm not sure I'm familiar with or remember what situation you are referring to, but I do hope all goes well!

GC

Yes, I like you do appreciate ALL the info I receive here on Cruise Critic.  I have learned a lot by just "asking" questions.  I know many people, like myself at one time, thought these were dumb questions, but their not.

I will say when I contacted Trip Insurance Store, I ask for insurance coverage to cover our flight and cruise.  There was nothing pre existing here when we went on the trip, only the accident when Carol had the fall while we were on tour.  She is healing very slowing, and is hoping to get out of the skilled nursing facility very soon.  Then she is to have her 2nd surgery in about 4 months.

I'm glad Trip Insurance Store came through for you as well.

Brenda

I like Squaremouth! They have competitive rates and process claims very quickly.

I've never heard of Squaremouth trip insurance.  Is it a new company, or just in certain areas of the USA?

Squaremouth is a broker.  I have not used them, but have visited their website.

Has anyone had insurance coverage that covered work cancellations and ever had to cancel because of work reasons?  

Was Tripinsurancestore.com accommodating ?

37 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Has anyone had insurance coverage that covered work cancellations and ever had to cancel because of work reasons?  

Was Tripinsurancestore.com accommodating ?

Tripinsurancestore is a broker who sells a selection of 9 policies. 4 of the policies that I just looked at include Cancel for Work Reasons. Not sure what you mean by "was Tripinsurancestore.com accommodating". Accommodating for what?

Fine Print is important to look at. First is what determines a covered cancel for work reasons. That is important information. Then, who has to sign off at your company to verify that they are requiring you to cancel. That's important also.

3rd,,, what State do you live in. That fact can vary the coverage, the prices, and the procedures.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Tripinsurancestore is a broker who sells a selection of 9 policies. 4 of the policies that I just looked at include Cancel for Work Reasons. Not sure what you mean by "was Tripinsurancestore.com accommodating". Accommodating for what?

Fine Print is important to look at. First is what determines a covered cancel for work reasons. That is important information. Then, who has to sign off at your company to verify that they are requiring you to cancel. That's important also.

3rd,,, what State do you live in. That fact can vary the coverage, the prices, and the procedures.

Thanks for the advice

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth