Air 2 Sea questions

I am looking for airfare for next fall. We will be traveling from Philadelphia to Barcelona to board the Symphony. What are your thoughts on using air 2 sea? What seems to be a fair price? We have never been to Europe and just starting to research. Thanks for any help or advice given.

I am looking for airfare for next fall. We will be traveling from Philadelphia to Barcelona to board the Symphony. What are your thoughts on using air 2 sea? What seems to be a fair price? We have never been to Europe and just starting to research. Thanks for any help or advice given.

My suggestion is to do research by individual airlines on their websites. If you have a airline preference, then go there first. When you find a flight that you like, log into Air2Sea (http://www.espresso.cruisingpower.com/choiceair/protected/home.do?brand=R) to see what they have to offer along with price. You should find that Air2Sea prices for international flights are much lower than booking direct.

Our experience has been that we keep checking prices because on the Air2Sea site they can fluctuate. When you find a fare that you are happy with, then book it.

We've used Air2Sea 5 times on one-way flights to Europe and have had very good luck. Prices were about 25% of what the airline website wanted. Just be aware that the tickets you get from Air2Sea might not have the same rules as those you get direct from the airline. If there are issues where the airline has to accommodate you on another a different airline, you may have to deal directly with Air2Sea as opposed to the airline.

Just back from the Jewel OTS transatlantic. My flight from Tucson to Zurich was only $297.80...booked through AIR2SEA. I have used them for 10 out of 11 transatlantic flights, and 3 out of 3 transpacific flights with never even a minor problem.

• 1 month later...
Does the CruiseCare need to be paid first, before purchasing air through Air2Sea? It's before final payment and we haven't pre-paid the insurance yet.

If you have not made final payment, then the insurance is not in force unless you specifically contact RC and request to pay the insurance.

If you have not made final payment, then the insurance is not in force unless you specifically contact RC and request to pay the insurance.

yes, agreed, but if i purchase the Air2Sea air, say tonight, and pay for the insurance when they are back in the office...will the air then be covered after the CruiseCare is paid?

yes, agreed, but if i purchase the Air2Sea air, say tonight, and pay for the insurance when they are back in the office...will the air then be covered after the CruiseCare is paid?

Yes, however you are still subject to the terms for coverage of pre-existing conditions. You would have to read the policy to know if you are covered for those.

Last year, I did this for the Harmony. I used Air2Sea and was happy with the price I got.

I strongly recommend the non-stop flights. There are just two a day, AA and BA. I prefer British Airways.

Your travel insurance must be in place prior to booking your flight. I was getting conflicting answers from Air2Sea and customer service--each saying the other could confirm. Crown and Anchor gave me the answer emailing me a section of the Cruise Care about flight coverage. The rep from Crown and Anchor said you must have the agent "force pay" your coverage not just add it to your invoice. The insurance must be paid prior to purchasing the air. Once we paid for the insurance within 10 minutes Crown and Anchor emailed an updated invoice with insurance riders attached. I then purchased my air which was at a great price. This was done about 2 weeks ago. We are sailing on the Jewel 10/24/18 Med Cruise.

• 6 months later...

I’ve never found Air 2 Sea to have good prices from SDF (Louisville). I tried them on a TA and were always higher. Now I’m trying them on a Baltic out of Southampton and they’re $800 higher than I can buy directly from Delta. I read about great savings but have yet found that to be the case for me. Glad everyone else is getting cheap air fares!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’ve never found Air 2 Sea to have good prices from SDF (Louisville). I tried them on a TA and were always higher. Now I’m trying them on a Baltic out of Southampton and they’re $800 higher than I can buy directly from Delta. I read about great savings but have yet found that to be the case for me. Glad everyone else is getting cheap air fares!!!

Are you trying two one-way flights?

When I have used Air 2 Sea for our travels, once I book and get my seat assignment, I re verify by calling the airlines directly to make sure I am booked. Probably no need but I like to make sure then walk up to the counter and there isn't a reservation. Closer to departure I also call to verify everything is still in order. I will set up alerts to come to my phone on any changes.

I use it often. The fares are similar to airline sites. The good thing is the guaranteed arrival. If there are problems or delays, they make sure you got on board... even at the next port. Peace of mind. I had a cruise where there were flight cancellations due to ice storms. I changed my reservation and flew out a day earlier. The next day, they were calling to see where I was and make sure everything was OK.