Cancelled shore excursion per email ... still on website to sell

My friend tells me an excursion booked and paid for is being cancelled and a full refund to original payment will be made.....oh well he thought.

2 weeks later on website they are still offering and selling cancelled excursion. during a call to RCCL the CS had no idea and that it takes time for the website to update in the mean time they are taking money and orders for said excursion. pretty bazaar for a company this size to not be able to maintain there excursion info.

this every happen to anyone else?

RCI's website is notorious for issues with updates and function - nothing really new with that. But - other than it showing as being available - what direct evidence do you have that they are actually taking bookings and money from customers - or are you just speculating? The transactions may not necessarily be going through with those trying to book it if as you say it is not available. If they are taking reservations than maybe your friend's information was incorrect.

Just curious.....

This happened to me with an up-coming cruise and it was PRIOR to the storms so that was NOT the reason.

I had booked Royal's "St. John on Your Own" excursion, where they merely provide transportation to and from St. John as an option to using the taxi/Red Hook ferry system. It was $29/pp, LESS than the cost of using the taxi/ferry combination and a lot easier. Then, they cancelled and refunded our money. The reason for the cancellation was identified as insufficient passengers booking the option, but given it was 5 or 6 months before embarkation day, that made NO sense. Few people sign up that early.

Suddenly, it was BACK on the website, advertised at $39/pp. My guess is that they renegotiated with either the same or a different third party vendor to provide the transportation and had to increase the cost to passengers. It was still a good deal, so I rebooked it. We ARE going to St. Thomas on our February cruise, but I know the situation on St. John is a bit iffy. (The ferry IS running!) So I guess we'll see. I'm hoping for the best.

This happened to me with an up-coming cruise and it was PRIOR to the storms so that was NOT the reason.

I had booked Royal's "St. John on Your Own" excursion, where they merely provide transportation to and from St. John as an option to using the taxi/Red Hook ferry system. It was $29/pp, LESS than the cost of using the taxi/ferry combination and a lot easier. Then, they cancelled and refunded our money. The reason for the cancellation was identified as insufficient passengers booking the option, but given it was 5 or 6 months before embarkation day, that made NO sense. Few people sign up that early.

Suddenly, it was BACK on the website, advertised at $39/pp. My guess is that they renegotiated with either the same or a different third party vendor to provide the transportation and had to increase the cost to passengers. It was still a good deal, so I rebooked it. We ARE going to St. Thomas on our February cruise, but I know the situation on St. John is a bit iffy. (The ferry IS running!) So I guess we'll see. I'm hoping for the best.

Kind of a different circumstance than that of the OP's comment, and probably a valid explanation regarding wanting to change the pricing.

(The OP also was implying that reservations and fund transfers were still taking place after the tour was supposedly cancelled). :)