Oceania vs Azamara

sabrefan

There is a kernel of truth in the notion that reviews are subjective and people's experiences are filtered through their attitudes, but at the same time there are objective measures that can be used and noted.

A couple for each side:

O has the O-class ships as an option. A does not.

O skips ports without trying to lay other ports on, and will not refund port fees. A makes the effort to rearrange a schedule to dock elsewhere.

Whether or not you prefer O's food, countless reviews show that O does a better job on objective matters such as fopod temperature--and we've certainly seen that borne out.

A's internet service is simply more reliable. 

So this notion that 'it's all subjective' is something of a cop out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

There is a kernel of truth in the notion that reviews are subjective and people's experiences are filtered through their attitudes, but at the same time there are objective measures that can be used and noted.

A couple for each side:

O skips ports without trying to lay other ports on, and will not refund port fees. A makes the effort to rearrange a schedule to dock elsewhere.

Whether or not you prefer O's food, countless reviews show that O does a better job on objective matters such as fopod temperature--and we've certainly seen that borne out.

well frankly many of the things that are important to people ARE subjective, such as food, service, bed comfort, music, entertainment, noise level, condition of ship, layout, drinks, etc.

but I agree that things like price and size of room is not.

1 hour ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

Have another cup of coffee. A big one. :classic_ohmy:

I guess I am somewhat frustrated and saddened  that people are resorting to made up codes of all sorts to express themselves.  not just this one....  What's the need?..    How would a person not versed in english  and millennial  culture  understand.......   my 2 cents.

Oh...I dont drink coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do not care if the Captain is friendly or not  as long as he gets us from A to B  safely

Several of the Captains on O   their English is not the best   so even the noon day announcement is  confusing 

but they have not run us aground or hit the dock so I guess they know what they are doing  & that is all that counts   in my book

If it  is a priority to smooze the staff then probably another line  is best for you

JMO

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shawnino said:

A couple for each side:

Actually I view all your points except the first one as subjective. I really don't see them as verified facts at all.

23 minutes ago, Shawnino said:

Bless your heart.

That's your defense, a catty response? 

Not really my fault you don't understand the difference between subjective and objective, which is ironic considering the post you made. Everything past your first point is simply relying on what other posters here have said and their experiences. 

In my experience, which is as valid as anyone else's, more so than some, is that I have found in my 20 + Oceania cruises that when they have had to cancel ports they DO work at a replacement. It may not be what people want, but they do add others. But my experience once again is only subjective. 

I will agree they don't refund port charges. 

Food temperature,? Unless we have actual lab measurements we are simply relying on the perceptions of those posting here about what they prefer, not an objective fact at all. 

Internet? Where is this study showing where A's is more reliable? I will agree that Oceania's is not good at all, but I've missed the scientific comparison with measurements on both.