Norwegian breakaway Baltic

Hi members

I will book a Norwegian Breakaway to BaLtic sea during September 17. Would like to ask anyone has an experience with this cruise and this trip.

Is it a good trip? And is it too cold in September?

I would be appreciated if anyone give me an advice .

Thanks

Vera

Its a fabulous trip. Cant comment on the ship , only to say pick a line that has 2 full days in St Petersburg. SP is the highlight of the cruise and well worth joining on of the private tours that will take you to all the sights in small groups so you get to see the most you can and beat the crowds. September is getting on a bit, most of the ships leave late Sep.

We did our cruise on NCL Dream a few years ago and found them to be a great line. Most days you are out sightseeing so the ship becomes a floating hotel .

Definitely a cruise for the bucket list..:)

I did a Baltic cruise in may this year with NCL on getaway.

We had a great cruise, booked all our excursions privately.

Enjoyed the included alcohol package.

The ship was fantastic, the balconies quiet small.

It's a busy cruise with mostly port days, but we loved it.

We got a great deal, much cheaper than celebrity or rccl

Thanking Mic Canberra

Which month your trip to Baltic?

I consider to change the date, is August ok?

Thanks

Vera

We were there in July 2010, it was very hot 40 C temps on most days, and not much A/C in the palaces and such.

I would check the average temps for each port and go from there, personally, September would likely suit me better.

We had two days in SPB so we did a half day tour on the second day to recover somewhat. We also did a half day (4 hours) in Copenhagen but did get to see all we wanted to. For Taillan, Estonia., we just explored ourselves on foot through the old town and were back on board after around 2 1/2 hours resting and taking it easy.

Thank you Mic Canberra

Your information is very good help, I think I should consider August month will be a bit comfortable.

I went to Alaska a few year ago with Zuiderdam American Holland , 1900 passengers plus crews, but Norwegian to Baltic will take about 4000 passenger plus crew, I would ask your opinion is it too crowded or not.

I could not imagine how it is going to be on the check in or check out day even during breakfast , or dinner might be a bit busy.

Sorry to keep asking you a few more question I wish you would not mind.

Thanks

Vera

Mid July - August is the absolute peak holiday season in Europe, work and school holidays, also it is the same for the North Americans. So busy, busy.

We leave Southampton on 2 June to do Baltics - 14 days on Sapphire Princess, expecting some warm days, but maybe not as hot as July and busy, but not super busy. Yes, port intensive alright, have to keep the fluids up.:halo:

September or even October is good for Europe, cooler, less crowded, I would have gone in September, but not suitable due to other commitments in UK, i.e. a wedding in May. (Not mine, lol.)

Thank you Mic Canberra

Your information is very good help, I think I should consider August month will be a bit comfortable.

I went to Alaska a few year ago with Zuiderdam American Holland , 1900 passengers plus crews, but Norwegian to Baltic will take about 4000 passenger plus crew, I would ask your opinion is it too crowded or not.

I could not imagine how it is going to be on the check in or check out day even during breakfast , or dinner might be a bit busy.

Sorry to keep asking you a few more question I wish you would not mind.

Thanks

Vera

I am sure August will be fine although who knows if you will hit a hot spell or a cool spell of weather.

We did the cruise on NCL Sun and had no issues but even after having been on the NCL Epic with 4200 pax it never felt crowded and the embarkation (only 15 mins) and debarkation was smooth with hardly a wait. Obviously with meal times there would be busier times but we had no issues finding a place to eat without waiting.

Feel free to ask away on any other subject.

Mid July - August is the absolute peak holiday season in Europe, work and school holidays, also it is the same for the North Americans. So busy, busy.

We leave Southampton on 2 June to do Baltics - 14 days on Sapphire Princess, expecting some warm days, but maybe not as hot as July and busy, but not super busy. Yes, port intensive alright, have to keep the fluids up.:halo:

September or even October is good for Europe, cooler, less crowded, I would have gone in September, but not suitable due to other commitments in UK, i.e. a wedding in May. (Not mine, lol.)

September would be my preference as well however no matter when you go, keeping up your fluids is very important.