:( J&P Taxi - Miss Patsie Taxi

pklein9747

We did a tour with Miss Patsie of J&P Taxi this past week based on a review from another CC member. When we disembarked, we were to meet Miss Patsie at Door #2 at 9:30. She was not there. My husband searched around and found her way past the vans holding up a sign with our name and a sign with another person's name. She said they had pushed her back away from the exit area. We asked if she had made reservations for us at Harrison's Caves. She had, but couldn't get anything earlier than 12:20 as it was a busy day. That was OK with us, we told her...we would see the sights first and then do the caves. She agreed.

At 9:50, the other group of four still had not shown. Turns out they were coming in on the Celebrity Reflection and the ship hadn't even docked yet! When she checked with someone on the dock, she was told the Reflection wasn't disembarking passengers until 11. She seemed surprised that we didn't want to wait for the others....really??

She then walked us about a block out of the pier area and put us in a taxi van with a friend of hers..Pasco...and told us he would do the tour. Turns out he was just that...a taxi driver. There was no narrative about the island...he spoke mainly to my husband who was sitting in the front with him. He did take us out to the military base...and got us in...to see the HARP gun, an old military research project. There are only 2 in the world and our friend really wanted to see it. When we had asked Patsie about it, she hadn't even known about it or where it was. He then took us to the Caves and waited for us.

After the caves, on the way back from the ship, Patsie called on the phone and wanted to know where else we wanted to go. It was now 2:15 and all aboard was 3:30. We told her we only wanted to go back to the ship...there was no time to see anything else clear.png?emoji-frown-1741 Again, she was surprised to hear that we were leaving the port at 4.

I would never, ever use her again. She was totally uninformed, unprepared, and unorganized. How do you not know what time your clients are arriving? Why would you expect people to wait over an hour in the hot sun for another group to join you? Why did she not make arrangements ahead of time to accommodate everyone...or not accept additional people knowing they were on a different ship? Her starting price for her tour was $400 for the four of us!! When we told her that was too much, she dropped to $200. We then told her we were going to go with someone else I found on CC, and she dropped it to $150 but we had to pay the cave entrance. I so wish I had gone with the other person clear.png?emoji-frown-1741clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

We did a tour with Miss Patsie of J&P Taxi this past week based on a review from another CC member. When we disembarked, we were to meet Miss Patsie at Door #2 at 9:30. She was not there. My husband searched around and found her way past the vans holding up a sign with our name and a sign with another person's name. She said they had pushed her back away from the exit area. We asked if she had made reservations for us at Harrison's Caves. She had, but couldn't get anything earlier than 12:20 as it was a busy day. That was OK with us, we told her...we would see the sights first and then do the caves. She agreed.

At 9:50, the other group of four still had not shown. Turns out they were coming in on the Celebrity Reflection and the ship hadn't even docked yet! When she checked with someone on the dock, she was told the Reflection wasn't disembarking passengers until 11. She seemed surprised that we didn't want to wait for the others....really??

She then walked us about a block out of the pier area and put us in a taxi van with a friend of hers..Pasco...and told us he would do the tour. Turns out he was just that...a taxi driver. There was no narrative about the island...he spoke mainly to my husband who was sitting in the front with him. He did take us out to the military base...and got us in...to see the HARP gun, an old military research project. There are only 2 in the world and our friend really wanted to see it. When we had asked Patsie about it, she hadn't even known about it or where it was. He then took us to the Caves and waited for us.

After the caves, on the way back from the ship, Patsie called on the phone and wanted to know where else we wanted to go. It was now 2:15 and all aboard was 3:30. We told her we only wanted to go back to the ship...there was no time to see anything else clear.png?emoji-frown-1741 Again, she was surprised to hear that we were leaving the port at 4.

I would never, ever use her again. She was totally uninformed, unprepared, and unorganized. How do you not know what time your clients are arriving? Why would you expect people to wait over an hour in the hot sun for another group to join you? Why did she not make arrangements ahead of time to accommodate everyone...or not accept additional people knowing they were on a different ship? Her starting price for her tour was $400 for the four of us!! When we told her that was too much, she dropped to $200. We then told her we were going to go with someone else I found on CC, and she dropped it to $150 but we had to pay the cave entrance. I so wish I had gone with the other person clear.png?emoji-frown-1741clear.png?emoji-frown-1741

Thanks for letting us know. When we went to the caves we took the ship tour, it was good.

After the caves, on the way back from the ship, Patsie called on the phone and wanted to know where else we wanted to go. It was now 2:15 and all aboard was 3:30. We told her we only wanted to go back to the ship...there was no time to see anything else :( Again, she was surprised to hear that we were leaving the port at 4.

I would never, ever use her again. She was totally uninformed, unprepared, and unorganized. How do you not know what time your clients are arriving? Why would you expect people to wait over an hour in the hot sun for another group to join you? Why did she not make arrangements ahead of time to accommodate everyone...or not accept additional people knowing they were on a different ship? Her starting price for her tour was $400 for the four of us!! When we told her that was too much, she dropped to $200. We then told her we were going to go with someone else I found on CC, and she dropped it to $150 but we had to pay the cave entrance. I so wish I had gone with the other person :( :(

I saw your other post first and replied. I know it was probably my review/recommendations you based your decision on and I just want you to know how sorry I am that your experience was not what you expected and down right disappointing. And from what you posted, you have every right to be disappointed...I know we would have been if our experience was like yours. As I mentioned in the other reply, the day we did our tour, our ship was the only ship in port so our tour was only us and another couple, so that could have been a difference and may be why our experience was better. I'm not trying to make excuses, but from now on I will be sure to mention if we were on the only ship in port or not if I make any recommendations for any private tour group in the future. Not saying that would or should make a difference, but a great private tour company should be used to dealing with passengers on more than one ship on port and plan accordingly. Again, I'm very sorry your day in Barbados ended in disappointment and I feel responsible. :(:(:(

I saw your other post first and replied. I know it was probably my review/recommendations you based your decision on and I just want you to know how sorry I am that your experience was not what you expected and down right disappointing. And from what you posted, you have every right to be disappointed...I know we would have been if our experience was like yours. As I mentioned in the other reply, the day we did our tour, our ship was the only ship in port so our tour was only us and another couple, so that could have been a difference and may be why our experience was better. I'm not trying to make excuses, but from now on I will be sure to mention if we were on the only ship in port or not if I make any recommendations for any private tour group in the future. Not saying that would or should make a difference, but a great private tour company should be used to dealing with passengers on more than one ship on port and plan accordingly. Again, I'm very sorry your day in Barbados ended in disappointment and I feel responsible. :(:(:(

I don't think you should feel responsible. It went well for you, so that is what you told. Don't feel bad. :)

pghsteelerfan...It's not your fault. There were five ships in port that day and the whole port area was chaotic. But regardless of whether there were five ships, Miss Patsie should have known what times the ships were coming in and leaving. I think she was just out for the money and really didn't care about our experience. Your experience was several years ago and she may not be as jaded as she is now. I just wanted others to know about our experience so they are aware of her practices.

pghsteelerfan...It's not your fault. There were five ships in port that day and the whole port area was chaotic. But regardless of whether there were five ships, Miss Patsie should have known what times the ships were coming in and leaving. I think she was just out for the money and really didn't care about our experience. Your experience was several years ago and she may not be as jaded as she is now. I just wanted others to know about our experience so they are aware of her practices.

Thank you. I will say I have to agree with you 100%. A good tour operator should be experienced in handling tours for people from multiple ships with organization and keeping to the schedule/tours that are promised. Each and every customer deserves the tour that they pay for, plain and simple, and that wasn't the case for your group. After hearing about your experience, I think I will hold off on the recommendations from now on. If someone sees my review and asks, I will be totally honest in that while our day went smoothly, more recently others did not have the same experience and I'll refer them to your post so they can decide for themselves. I'm glad that you reported back about your experience. That's what CC is for, to help others get the most out of their cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Patsi Nurse taxi service recently & was also disappointed that she was so unorganized & misleading.

I was in contact by email & planned our day tour few weeks prior. She was very quick to reply . We had requested & she agreed to a private" tour for 2 for the day.....she offered several points of interest & we outlined the places we wanted to see ( also, informed her we did not want to go to Harrison caves , been there, & we didn't mind going to Payne's beach for an hour or so but did not want to swim with turtles)

She quoted $200 for 2, private coast to coast tour, lunch INCLUDED , she would be our driver for the day , no extra fees

ONLY the beach loungers/umbrella would be extra which was fine with us

She was at port right on time with a sign with our names on it....And joining her was another couple ...they too were under the impression they had booked a private tour for 2 for the day, lunch included for a lower price of $150 and they had a list of places they wanted to see (some different that ours)

Patsi, guided the 4 of us to her van that was parked outside of the port gate & stated she would give us a great " 2 hour tour " & asked where would we like to go ?!!!!!!

Hummm.....we already discussed & made a plan !

Frustrating & uncomfortable to start a tour this way.....she asked the other couple for their copy of emails & after she reviewed it , agreed to more than a 2 hour tour.

We all agreed on points of interest for the day (which didn't include the beach or wildlife reserve that was on our list)

We visited some sites that there was "extra " entrance fees and the INCLUDED LUNCH that she quoted to both couples in emails..... NOT .... costing each couple $32 plus tip

We ended up enjoying our day anyway ....

We are easy going people (most of the time) & know things may not work out as planned . I have booked many tours online but this one was the FIRST that I can say was more negative .

Very thankful the other couple were easy going too....we became friends & went on a couple of other tours together on other islands ( that were excellent ) :D

I like to note, no one is to blame for recommending Patsi or anyone else for that matter. You are just sharing YOUR experience .

Anyone can have an off day but it appears according to this thread that her services has declined which is very unfortunate for her.

We used Patsi Nurse taxi service recently & was also disappointed that she was so unorganized & misleading.

I was in contact by email & planned our day tour few weeks prior. She was very quick to reply . We had requested & she agreed to a private" tour for 2 for the day.....she offered several points of interest & we outlined the places we wanted to see ( also, informed her we did not want to go to Harrison caves , been there, & we didn't mind going to Payne's beach for an hour or so but did not want to swim with turtles)

She quoted $200 for 2, private coast to coast tour, lunch INCLUDED , she would be our driver for the day , no extra fees

ONLY the beach loungers/umbrella would be extra which was fine with us

She was at port right on time with a sign with our names on it....And joining her was another couple ...they too were under the impression they had booked a private tour for 2 for the day, lunch included for a lower price of $150 and they had a list of places they wanted to see (some different that ours)

Patsi, guided the 4 of us to her van that was parked outside of the port gate & stated she would give us a great " 2 hour tour " & asked where would we like to go ?!!!!!!

Hummm.....we already discussed & made a plan !

Frustrating & uncomfortable to start a tour this way.....she asked the other couple for their copy of emails & after she reviewed it , agreed to more than a 2 hour tour.

We all agreed on points of interest for the day (which didn't include the beach or wildlife reserve that was on our list)

We visited some sites that there was "extra " entrance fees and the INCLUDED LUNCH that she quoted to both couples in emails..... NOT .... costing each couple $32 plus tip

We ended up enjoying our day anyway ....

We are easy going people (most of the time) & know things may not work out as planned . I have booked many tours online but this one was the FIRST that I can say was more negative .

Very thankful the other couple were easy going too....we became friends & went on a couple of other tours together on other islands ( that were excellent ) :D

I like to note, no one is to blame for recommending Patsi or anyone else for that matter. You are just sharing YOUR experience .

Anyone can have an off day but it appears according to this thread that her services has declined which is very unfortunate for her.

Goldens, I know I'm the one who highly recommended Patsie and I feel so bad that your experience was not what you expected and were promised.

We booked through Patsie specifically because we wanted to see the east coast of Barbados, specifically Bathsheba, and also wanted some beach time. I didn't think this was possible, but saw in a review by one of my favorite CC reviewers (OK, I admit, I have several favorites) that they were able to do both, twice. Once Bathsheba area & beach and the most recent, Paynes Bay beach and the wildlife reserve, so I got her contact information from him and we did have a good experience.

Our tour with Patsie in Barbados was over 2 years ago and things can, and do, change. Not only were you disappointed, but I recommended Patsie to pklein9747 recently as well, and they were also very disappointed. I know you mentioned you are not blaming anyone else and I do appreciate that. Thank you for your feedback and it is very much appreciated. Now that I am aware that two other CC members that I recommended Patsie to had recent disappointing experiences, I don't think I'll be recommending from now on. If someone sees my review and specifically asks, I can let them know that yes, we had a good experience but I will be sure to let them know that others were recently disappointed. I know that CC can sometimes get a bad rap with some being snarky or unwilling to help, and I have seen that, but overall, I think most of us share a similar enjoyment of cruising and do help each other out. The CC boards are a great source of first hand information and first hand experience.

I'm just happy that you were able to hit it off well with the others on your tour and were able to do more island tours with them and I hope you are able to keep in touch with them. We met a few other CC members on that same cruise in 2015 and have remained in touch since then and hope to cruise with them again someday soon.

• 4 months later...

It took me some time to appear here and claim our presense on the tour with Goldens in Barbados back in November 2017:)

We had a pleasnat day, mostly with beautiful scenery around us and new friends that we so enjoyed. I hope we will keep in touch and many cruises together. Meeting positive friends cc fellows made our day. I absolutelly dont have any doubts it is all about experience and being here, reading this board helps us to be independent in travel. This was our experience and wanted to share for future referencses adding my vote for NOT hiring J&P Taxi-Mss. Patsie. => NO NO NO. It was funny that we provided her with more information about her ilsand. We felt we knew from our research online more than she did. Oh well.. now we have a good laugh about it.:) :)

Yulia