Worried about disembarkation

Keeny25

I am getting nervous about disembarkation with our flight times. We are on the Conquest and set up a flight out of Bush Intercontinental at 2:45. Carnvial's website says nothing before 2:00 so I guess I should be ok.

How should I go about getting off the ship? Would it be wise to get off during the self assist time? If I take a Carnival shuttle back to the airport would they have us there in time?

Any suggestions? I'm confused....

Thanks!

You will be getting to the airport way too early if you do self assist.

also-- dont wait for the cruiselines shuttle--take a taxi

take your time--get breakfast. (leave your stuff in the cabin til the last possible minute. ) then go look at furture cabins you want to book for your next cruise.

if all goes well--you can be the last people off the ship-- about 10:30-- not have to hunt your luggage since the majority of its gone.. you will be at the airport well before 11am.

Any earlier-- you will have to drag your luggage around with you for a bit since the airport wont let you check in the luggage much earlier then 3 hours.

if all goes well--you can be the last people off the ship-- about 10:30-- not have to hunt your luggage since the majority of its gone.. you will be at the airport well before 11am.

Serene, IAH is a good 1 1/2 hours from Galveston without any traffic.

Still I don't think the OP needs to rush to get off the ship, but don't dawdle either.

Serene, did you notice OP is talking about Galveston-Houston? The drive alone is at least an hour (without traffic) and is usually much longer. No chance of a 30 minute trip. Perhaps you were thinking another port????

To the OP, with a 2:30 flight you should be fine, even in Houston. You could take a private limo if you are still worried, but you likely will get off the ship by 9-10 at the latest, take a half hour to get bags and go through customs, and a couple of hours to transfer, and that will still put you at the airport two hours early. So you have quite a bit of time to work with, even if the ship is delayed or the transfers are slow.

Archived