Planning a Honeymoon cruise

FSU Girl

I'm in the process planning a honeymoon cruise to Europe for the summer 2019. Most cruise lines haven't released their itineraries yet so I've just been doing some research. I've never sailed on MSC before. I was considering the Yacht Club since it'll be a honeymoon so figured worth the splurge. Has anyone sailed in this? How was it? I'm looking at a northern European cruise.

I'm from the US and sailed on Princess, Disney, and Royal Caribbean. How does this cruise line compare to those? I don't speak another language besides English, will that be a problem?

I'm in the process planning a honeymoon cruise to Europe for the summer 2019. Most cruise lines haven't released their itineraries yet so I've just been doing some research. I've never sailed on MSC before. I was considering the Yacht Club since it'll be a honeymoon so figured worth the splurge. Has anyone sailed in this? How was it? I'm looking at a northern European cruise.

I'm from the US and sailed on Princess, Disney, and Royal Caribbean. How does this cruise line compare to those? I don't speak another language besides English, will that be a problem?

A little research will help, there are tons of YC reviews.

I totally agree with CGTNormandie! Do let them know you're on honeymoon; I'm sure they'll spoil you rotten! The attention, service and amenities that you get in Yacht Club far and away exceed the price that you pay.

There are plenty of English-speaking crew onboard so you won't have any problems. In fact it's the common language spoken among the crew as they hail from all corners of the globe.

I haven't sailed on any of the cruiselines you've referenced so can't speak to how the experience compares/contrasts. However, the one thing I'm sure about is that you won't get better value for money than a Yacht Club booking with MSC for a comparable experience.

The Yacht Club would , IMHO, be perfect for a honeymoon.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They pride themselves on delivering really special levels of service.

English is the language that most of the crew use for communication between themselves. So no worries on that score. The main production shows in the theatre do not require any language skills to enjoy the shows.

The other thing to do is "Status Match " the highest value status you have with another cruise line and get the equivalent status in MSC's Voyagers Club and, You may even get the top level Black card and the perks that go with it.

Pete

For cruise excursions will there be an option for an English tour? I usually book through the cruise line and was wondering how this worked

There with almost certainly be an English speaking tour, albeit it may be a dual language tour, with the tour guide giving information in both languages.

They do occasionally cancel tours because of the lack of interest, then they tend to offer the choice of an alternative tour or refund or very rarely the tour in a different language, (this means you won't get any understandable information)

Hope this helps

Pete