Summit on Dec 2nd - Lat Minute Hints?

cruz-in

Totally agree...the Martini Bar is an amazing place to go and enjoy your beverages. You may have to wait for a seat at the actual bar area...keep your eyes open and dash!

If you board early enough...go to the back of the cafe to the Oceanview Bar...These tables go somewhat quickly...but great to be outdoors.

Walk around the entire Oceanview Cafe/Grill... they have different stations that many people miss because they stop at the front stations. In the mornings...benedict eggs are located at the rear of the cafe...on the other side of the ship (starboard) is the Pizza station.

We love the Summit...the crew is amazing. Yes, it is an older ship but it definitely has a lot of class!

Enjoy your holiday!!

The "T" pool (thalassotherapy). Warm salt water/mineral water which is very relaxing and soothing. This is the indoor pool that is adjacent to the Spa café. The spa café serves healthy, smaller portion alternatives for breakfast and lunch.

Wow Thanks Team! All great stuff. A couple of questions:

1) Martini Bar does sound really cool. We have the beverage package so i guess we can get martinis with that?

2) Is the T-Pool part of the spa? Are there fees like the other spa services?

3) Do they usually have half off specialty dining on the first night? This is common on HAL.

4) Thanks for the tip on making sure to see all the food stations and the place to hang out on boarding day. Can you board in San Juan as early as 1100?

Thanks again and any other hints would be appreciated.

Dan

To answer some of your questions:

1) The Martini menu is largely free (one or two over the limit) on the premium package but expect to pay a supplement for all martinis if you have the classic package (around $3 + 18%).

2) The pool in the solarium is free to use - though I believe it is adults only still - and has the Thelassotherapy jets. This isn't my video, but here you can see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiDLcNUVIUM. It is part of the solarium. If you are staying in Aqua Class you will have complimentary access to the Persian Gardens, but I do believe that the change rooms have dry saunas which can be used free by all guests though I'm not able to recall this with certainty.

3&4, sorry, I don't have an answer for these questions, though for 4 I believe you can board at that time. Someone else may have to confirm.

Wow Thanks Team! All great stuff. A couple of questions:

1) Martini Bar does sound really cool. We have the beverage package so i guess we can get martinis with that?

2) Is the T-Pool part of the spa? Are there fees like the other spa services?

3) Do they usually have half off specialty dining on the first night? This is common on HAL.

4) Thanks for the tip on making sure to see all the food stations and the place to hang out on boarding day. Can you board in San Juan as early as 1100?

Dan

They do discounts the first night but the specialty restaurants aren't as good or elegant as Pinnacle Grill on HAL. They toned them down when they ripped out the fantastic Normandie dining room on Summit. Now it's a so so Italian steakhouse- very casual and not fine dining.

Dan

It’s usually 30% off. That is what they offered us but we did not go the first night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The "T" pool (thalassotherapy). Warm salt water/mineral water which is very relaxing and soothing. This is the indoor pool that is adjacent to the Spa café. The spa café serves healthy, smaller portion alternatives for breakfast and lunch.

I thought these were only for Aqua spa or that is what I was told in April and October 2016 on the Summit. If they changed this, that is great because it looked so good!