Captain's Club drinks menus photographs -- breakfast & happy hour

cruisestitch

20 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The breakfast was held in Tuscan on edge with exactly the same buffet menu as the other ships have, and the same drinks menu.   It’s a bright and pleasant room. The elite breakfast was a lovely way to start the day.

Great, thanks - looking forward to it 🙂

6 hours ago, villauk said:

Jackie,

Notice that you are going back on Royal next year. Did you fancy a change?

We have recently sailed from Southampton and Royal gave us the option of a different itinerary, but still benefiting from our loyalty status.. We were disappointed that our Silhouette cruise wasn’t allowed into St Petersburg on 1/2 nd July 2018, so a combination of factors led to the decision.

I would certainly sail Celebrity again, but will need to look carefully at pricing after the ‘ Revolution’ has taken place.

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We have recently sailed from Southampton and Royal gave us the option of a different itinerary, but still benefiting from our loyalty status.. We were disappointed that our Silhouette cruise wasn’t allowed into St Petersburg on 1/2 nd July 2018, so a combination of factors led to the decision.

I would certainly sail Celebrity again, but will need to look carefully at pricing after the ‘ Revolution’ has taken place.

Yes, pricing and our experience on a very overcrowded Reflection also pushed us to look at alternatives too. Still, variety is the spice of life so they say 😉. We still have X placeholders that we will keep until we spot something that we perceive as being good value for money. 

If you look at the drink menus, you will find that bloody mary's are only available with Breakfast...not at the elite cocktail hour.  This weird quirk has been in place for as long as I can remember....and for the same long time, I rarely have had a problem ordering a bloody mary during the evening cocktail party.  Yes, I have, on some occasion, been hassled....but a simple "then bring me a glass of vodka and a glass of tomato juice" (memories of an old movie) seems to get over that hurdle 🙂

I'll also add that Celebrity has wonderful smoked salmon for breakfast.....I enjoy it often on cruises....but without those rolls with holes in the middle...I think they jokingly call them bagels.

4 hours ago, Manitobeens said:

A question on the elite drink vouchers, can you get an premium drink by paying the difference, as you would with the classic drink package? Thanks  Gordon

This is a really interesting question... I have never seen bartenders doing that. But it may also vary from ship to ship, and depending on the number of Elite/Emerald guests, I figure. I am up to try this experiment in 3 weeks 🙂

8 hours ago, Manitobeens said:

A question on the elite drink vouchers, can you get an premium drink by paying the difference, as you would with the classic drink package? Thanks  Gordon

No.  You can only get what is on the Elite menu.  There are no prices attached to the coupons.  

Just a point about the bar menu for the Captains club guests.  The martini's aren't the same as the "pay for" or Deluxe Beverage package drinks.  First, they do not use premium alcohol and they are small.  IMO not at all good.  When we are in the Captains club, we go to the bar ourselves and get better drinks because we have the packages.  On Royal actually the "free" drinks are better as is the food in the lounge.

In addition, if you want a "hot" made to order breakfast- you cannot get it at the captains club breakfast on Celebrity.

Edited by Cruise a holic

5 hours ago, marylander2 said:

This is a really interesting question... I have never seen bartenders doing that. But it may also vary from ship to ship, and depending on the number of Elite/Emerald guests, I figure. I am up to try this experiment in 3 weeks 🙂

Looking forward to your research results 😎

Another point about the Elite happy hour offerings. On three Celebrity ships in 2018, we asked for, and received Pinot Grigio. I think it's a popular and inexpensive varietal, and Celebrity is probably making it readily available for Elite happy hours fleet-wide, even if it isn't listed on the menu.

😎

Edited by Palms2Pines2Sea

On Edge, It was three drinks loaded on your card, drinks to be chosen from the Captain's Club menu, from 5-7 p.m. , available at all bars and lounges except Eden and Magic Carpet.  There was also something called the "member meet=up location" which was the Club on Deck 4.  There was another activity held there simultaneously the night I went, and it was freezing cold, and the chairs were ridiculously uncomfortable, so I left and used the drink voucher elsewhere.

Edited by cruisestitch

19 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

On Edge, It was three drinks loaded on your card, drinks to be chosen from the Captain's Club menu, from 5-7 p.m. , available at all bars and lounges except Eden and Magic Carpet.  There was also something called the "member meet=up location" which was the Club on Deck 4.  There was another activity held there simultaneously the night I went, and it was freezing cold, and the chairs were ridiculously uncomfortable, so I left and used the drink voucher elsewhere.

I'm sorry to hear that the Happy Hour from 5-7 that is in the Sky Lounge on the other ships has come to an end on the Edge.

We just returned from the Reflection 14 night cruise.  We  had the 3 drinks loaded on the card that were good between 4:30 and 7:30 at all venues around the ship. Also the Sky Lounge was open between 5:00 - 7:00  PM for the elite social hour.  We had to show our sea pass card to enter and it was packed to capacity every night.  We love going to the sky lounge and socializing with new people.  It's one of our favorite parts of the day on a cruise.  We met many that had drink packages that attended the social hour in the Sky, so it had nothing to do with the 3 drinks we were allowed.  I hope this event will not be eliminated when  they "Revolutionize" the other ships!

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Do they serve hors d'oeuvres there, like in Sky Lounge on S ships during CC member meet ups?

• 1 month later...

I wander into the elite happy hours at times. Tho many times don't because I am still in swim trunks and t shirt from pool or beach. They are always fun, and I always get the premium package.  It is fun to socialize and meet new people.  I wish they ran the captains club breakfast earlier.  I eat breakfast early so usually am in the buffet but on the opposite of that I eat dinner late so who knows.