FMI, What happens to people who don't attend the life boat drill?

Giantfan13

When we report for the life boat drill, they take your room number they make sure everyone has attended. But say you don't attend, what are the consequences, or are there any?

We know it is 'mandatory' but can they ask you to leave at the first port? Throw you in the brig? What are the consequences for never attending the drill?

Cheers

Len

You are given a sheet of paper that instructs that during an emergency you should go wherever you hid to avoid the muster drill and wait there for further instructions. Don’t want uninformed people running around crying and screaming because they don’t know where to go or what to do.

Too funny Bob. What i found funny was the part in the letter to disregard if we attended. As if mistakes were common place

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

we got the same letter.

background: still not allowed to do stairs and standing for an extended period is frowned upon( recent hip replacement). our muster station just happened to be just outside the theater so my plan was to sit in the theater until the final "get your butt to your muster station now" and then make my way over.

turns out the theater was the muster station for all those with mobility issues. the guy hand wrote my cabin number down( this will be important later) and let me stay put.

later at turndown we got the nasty gram. yeah,. it said to ignore if we really did attend. well we did, but I also didn't want to keep getting yelled at either, so I enlisted the aid of Alan the concierge.

next day we get a phone call apologizing that when they sent out the 'hey, dude, you missed the muster cuz we didn't scan your sea pass cards!' they hadn't as yet added in all the hand written cabin numbers from the theater.

On Oasis in August I attended the muster drill in Jazz in 4 where they scanned my card. Later I received the letter that I missed muster drill but to ignore the letter if I had. I ignored it and I heard nothing further.

I heard that they stopped keel hauling a couple of years ago, something about bad PR and their insurance company not allowing them. I believe they’ve replaced it by having the offending passenger on KP for the week. I bet you’ve all wondered how all those potatoes get peeled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Oasis in August I attended the muster drill in Jazz in 4 where they scanned my card. Later I received the letter that I missed muster drill but to ignore the letter if I had. I ignored it and I heard nothing further.

I heard that they stopped keel hauling a couple of years ago, something about bad PR and their insurance company not allowing them. I believe they’ve replaced it by having the offending passenger on KP for the week. I bet you’ve all wondered how all those potatoes get peeled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Plus it bad on the thrusters

Sent from my SM-T818V using Forums mobile app

A few years ago we were standing there with the sun beating down on us, crowded into the back, because we were there first, and we watied and waited and waited. It was very hot and my husband passed out from the heat and the claustrophobia, I guess. They immediately appeared with a wheelchair, had him in an elevator and to the medical center before I ever had a chance to realize what was going on, and that is the only time we've been able to skip one.

Tricks I've learned regarding muster drill.

1, never get there early, make your way there after they blow the whistle. That way you do not have to stand overly long because it doesn't matter if you get in line first, or last, you all get to leave at the same time. Just don't keep people waiting.

2, and this is especially true if you have mobility issues or require elevator. Find out where your muster station is, get to that floor BEFORE the whistle and find a spot in a lounge on that floor. That way, when they blow the whistle, you just roll to where you need to go while the elevators are turned off and people are relegated using the stairs.