Just returned from Valencia

Giantfan13

We had a wonderful day stop in Valencia. We did the HoHo bus and had a grand time overall.

Can try and be of any help with questions if anyone has any?

Cheers

Len

How much did the HOHO bus cost?

How much did the HOHO bus cost?

http://www.valencia-cityguide.com/tourist-information/transport/valencia-bus-turistic.html

Valencia Tourist Bus Tickets and Prices

You can buy the ticket at any hotel in the city, in the Tourist Info or on the bus. The ticket is valid for 24 hours or 48 hours depending on the type of ticket you purchase, counting from the time of acquisition. The Valencia tourist bus prices below:

Valencia tourist bus prices

• Ticket 24 hours: 17 Euros.
  • Children 7-16 years old 24 hours: 10 Euros.
  • Family F-5 24 hours (2 adults + 3 children): 60 Euros.
  • Ticket 48 hours: 19 Euros.
  • Children 7-16 years old 48 hours: 11 Euros.
  • Family F-5 48 hours (2 adults + 3 children): 65 Euros.

Albufera tourist bus prices

• Adult ticket (boat ride included): 17 Euros.
  • Children 7-16 years old (boat ride included): 11 Euros.

http://www.valencia-cityguide.com/tourist-information/transport/valencia-bus-turistic.html

You can buy the ticket at any hotel in the city, in the Tourist Info or on the bus. The ticket is valid for 24 hours or 48 hours depending on the type of ticket you purchase, counting from the time of acquisition. The Valencia tourist bus prices below:

Thanks much!

Does the HOHO stop at the cruise ship terminal or somewhere nearby?

Keith

Sorry I couldn't get back to this site as we were traveling.

Questions

We bought our tickets from the site recommended. (We like to have tickets before we go, but you can purchase them from the driver) There are 2 HoHo bus lines and both stop at the same places, just one runs a bit more often. We were there off season and we did check the schedule from the web site to see which one ran more often. After Nov, they run about one every 40 minutes, so if you do miss the bus, you do have a long wait. During peak season they run about every 15-20 minutes. There are 2 loops for each line and you can move from one loop to the other at stop one. (But not from one line to the other)

Before we bought tickets, I asked the tourist site how far from the terminal is the HoHo stop. I was told it was right across the street. WRONG. You have to walk, I'd say about 1/2 mile to stop #9. It is an easy walk, but a lot further than I was led to believe. Same for walking back to the ship. This is the closest stop to the terminal..

Also, be advised when the first bus starts. Again, we were there off season and the first bus wasn't until 10:30AM. We knew this and timed our arrival at the bus stop, but others were there early and had to wait over an hour. Again, check the schedule from that web page to see when the buses start and how often.

Most of the major things in Valencia are at stop #1. Here you will want to get off and wander around. This is the heart of the city.

Cheers

Len

Sorry I couldn't get back to this site as we were traveling.

Questions

We bought our tickets from the site recommended. (We like to have tickets before we go, but you can purchase them from the driver) There are 2 HoHo bus lines and both stop at the same places, just one runs a bit more often. We were there off season and we did check the schedule from the web site to see which one ran more often. After Nov, they run about one every 40 minutes, so if you do miss the bus, you do have a long wait. During peak season they run about every 15-20 minutes. There are 2 loops for each line and you can move from one loop to the other at stop one. (But not from one line to the other)

Before we bought tickets, I asked the tourist site how far from the terminal is the HoHo stop. I was told it was right across the street. WRONG. You have to walk, I'd say about 1/2 mile to stop #9. It is an easy walk, but a lot further than I was led to believe. Same for walking back to the ship. This is the closest stop to the terminal..

Also, be advised when the first bus starts. Again, we were there off season and the first bus wasn't until 10:30AM. We knew this and timed our arrival at the bus stop, but others were there early and had to wait over an hour. Again, check the schedule from that web page to see when the buses start and how often.

Most of the major things in Valencia are at stop #1. Here you will want to get off and wander around. This is the heart of the city.

Cheers

Len

Good info, thanks!