Pullmantur Horizon

tiger-91

Could you just summarise the dress codes and how much people took notice of them, please.

I assume you mean in the dining room.

I wore a suit on formal night and did the theme night dressing the other nights, except Arabian. I noticed that on formal night most everyone in the dining room looked very nice. Did not see any tuxedos, but also didn't really look closely. Those at my table who didn't want to dress up went to the buffet.

Many people didn't know about the theme nights so didn't participate. I would say the most popular was White Night.

You can read on the dailies that most nightly recommendations for dress were casual. I didn't see any shorts or t-shirts in the dining room, but again I don't really pay that much attention to such things.

We saw the Pullmantur Horizon in Tenerife when we were there on QE in December. We were only a few days after you were there. I looked it up when we were home and found such amazing prices and so began researching. There really isn't much info. out there so I was really glad to see your review and found it very helpful. I was worrying about language issues, but you have sorted that for me. I have a couple of questions if you can answer please.

What time was the emergency drill on the first day? I couldn't find it on the daily newspapers. Once a few years ago when we were in Gran Canaria on a cruise stop and had a late departure, there was another ship in that was embarking passengers that day, and as we left at about 10.15pm, their passengers were standing outside doing their emergency drill:o

Coffees. Do they have speciality coffees and if so can you remember costs of cappuccinos? We don't drink much alcohol so coffee is what we enjoy.

Special diets. You might not have any idea about this, but do you know if they are catered for over much?

Thank you very much. It sounded like you enjoyed your cruises.

We saw the Pullmantur Horizon in Tenerife when we were there on QE in December. We were only a few days after you were there. I looked it up when we were home and found such amazing prices and so began researching. There really isn't much info. out there so I was really glad to see your review and found it very helpful. I was worrying about language issues, but you have sorted that for me. I have a couple of questions if you can answer please.

What time was the emergency drill on the first day? I couldn't find it on the daily newspapers. Once a few years ago when we were in Gran Canaria on a cruise stop and had a late departure, there was another ship in that was embarking passengers that day, and as we left at about 10.15pm, their passengers were standing outside doing their emergency drill:o

Coffees. Do they have speciality coffees and if so can you remember costs of cappuccinos? We don't drink much alcohol so coffee is what we enjoy.

Special diets. You might not have any idea about this, but do you know if they are catered for over much?

I remember our drill at dinner time, 7pm?. I was concerned about being late to the table, but the drill was only 20 minutes. I was late, but not too much. There was another the next evening in Tenerife. I think it was at 6:30. I wouldn't worry about it. There are "make up" drills.

I don't drink coffee. Maybe the earlier link has menus for the coffee? Or maybe I posted pictures?

The only menu specialty I researched for another member is vegetarian. I would have for you on the ship if I'd known. There are other posters here who are cruising soon and could answer. They should have been notified of your post but you could go to their roll call and ask.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this review. We are considering a Northern Europe (fjords or Baltics) in a couple years and trying to get a sense of how different the Euro lines are from cruises designed for North American clientele. Your impressions are helpful. Sounds like the Marrakech tour was disappointing-I would have been disappointed with a long bus ride for more shopping. In an old city with an ancient culture there is surely a day's worth of more interesting places to see. I'm usually pretty fearless about walking around foreign countries but no experience in Africa or any Muslim country so I would probably stick with the ship's options as you did.

I appreciate your laid back attitude about the experience. Hope to see more reviews of this line on Cruise Critic.

I am doing this cruise in a few weeks time. I have been to Agadir, did as a day excursion from Marrakech! The Souks enthralled me in Marrakech, but I think the waste of time was the working of Argon oil, which was clearly set up for tourists.

We spent some time in Agadir on our own with no problems. The only time we felt threatened was when an evening visit to Marrakech was cancelled because of what was called a 'non-political' demonstration that clearly was political, during the Arab Spring. I think the driving was the most frightening aspect, whatever you DON'T hire a car!!!

Remember this was a chosen excursion and I do not believe the only one! My question will be how much one can do to see anything without doing some form of tour.

• 4 weeks later...

We have sailed on the Horizon, on our first cruise, when it was called the Pacific Dream, and on its sister ship the Zenith. Our experience on the Zenith was not great even though we had the Royal Suite.

We are considering a Mediterranean cruise on the Horizon, which we understand was refitted relatively recently, and hope to have a Grand Suite, which we enjoyed on the Sovereign.

Does anyone have any photos of the Horizon Grand Suite? I ask because what I find when googling is confusing, even on Pullmantur's site because they list the GS as having a balcony which deck plans clearly indicate it doesn't.

We have sailed on the Horizon, on our first cruise, when it was called the Pacific Dream, and on its sister ship the Zenith. Our experience on the Zenith was not great even though we had the Royal Suite.

We are considering a Mediterranean cruise on the Horizon, which we understand was refitted relatively recently, and hope to have a Grand Suite, which we enjoyed on the Sovereign.

Does anyone have any photos of the Horizon Grand Suite? I ask because what I find when googling is confusing, even on Pullmantur's site because they list the GS as having a balcony which deck plans clearly indicate it doesn't.

Hi there! Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but I did notice that you have sailed Sovereign in 2012. We are booked on the same cruise from Barcelona in November 2018. How did you enjoy it? Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hi. I believe there are a total if 4 Grand suites or Royal suites on Horizon. 2 on deck 10 and 2 on deck 11. The ones in deck 10 do not have balconies. The 2 on deck 11 have balconies. They are 1103 1104. There is a very good video posted on YouTube .....suite 1104..... posted in the last few weeks. I hope this helps.

Hi there! Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question but I did notice that you have sailed Sovereign in 2012. We are booked on the same cruise from Barcelona in November 2018. How did you enjoy it? Any advice for me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

We sailed on the Sovereign twice and the second time was in a Grand Suite which was excellent. The first time was in an oceanview and was OK, but we have since been spoiled and try to get suites whenever possible. The Sovereign is a very nice ship and staff and food were great.

Our most interesting moments were when we were on the Sovereign in a Grand Suite off Sicily and the weather was so bad we did not try to enter the post. The suite was very roomy with a bar and glasses that the butler had to place on the couch under towels so they would not go flying as the ship rolled and pitched all night. The cabinet doors banged open and closed and made quite a racket. As we lay in bed we almost felt weightless from the degree of pitching. The next morning we went to the reception area and found lots of people sleeping on the floor as they probably were sick in their inside cabins during the storm. Nevertheless we would definitely sail on the Sovereign again. As for advice, get a Grand Suite if you can and you will also benefit from access to the Waves Yacht Club which is a big plus.

Hi. I believe there are a total if 4 Grand suites or Royal suites on Horizon. 2 on deck 10 and 2 on deck 11. The ones in deck 10 do not have balconies. The 2 on deck 11 have balconies. They are 1103 1104. There is a very good video posted on YouTube .....suite 1104..... posted in the last few weeks. I hope this helps.

Thanks. I checked out the video and suite 1104 looks very similar to our royal suite on the Zenith , only in much better condition. We found the balcony on our suite on the Zenith to be very narrow and not very useful as water from washing the deck above us pooled on the balcony and had to be vacuumed up every day.

From what I have read there are two Grand Suites on the Horizon and two Penthouse (PT) suites and the PT suites are in the same locations as the Royal Suites (RS) on the Zenith.

I am doing this cruise in a few weeks time. I have been to Agadir, did as a day excursion from Marrakech! The Souks enthralled me in Marrakech, but I think the waste of time was the working of Argon oil, which was clearly set up for tourists.

We spent some time in Agadir on our own with no problems. The only time we felt threatened was when an evening visit to Marrakech was cancelled because of what was called a 'non-political' demonstration that clearly was political, during the Arab Spring. I think the driving was the most frightening aspect, whatever you DON'T hire a car!!!

Remember this was a chosen excursion and I do not believe the only one! My question will be how much one can do to see anything without doing some form of tour.

I hope you will provide a review after your voyage.

We sailed on the Sovereign twice and the second time was in a Grand Suite which was excellent. The first time was in an oceanview and was OK, but we have since been spoiled and try to get suites whenever possible. The Sovereign is a very nice ship and staff and food were great.

Our most interesting moments were when we were on the Sovereign in a Grand Suite off Sicily and the weather was so bad we did not try to enter the post. The suite was very roomy with a bar and glasses that the butler had to place on the couch under towels so they would not go flying as the ship rolled and pitched all night. The cabinet doors banged open and closed and made quite a racket. As we lay in bed we almost felt weightless from the degree of pitching. The next morning we went to the reception area and found lots of people sleeping on the floor as they probably were sick in their inside cabins during the storm. Nevertheless we would definitely sail on the Sovereign again. As for advice, get a Grand Suite if you can and you will also benefit from access to the Waves Yacht Club which is a big plus.

Thank you for very much for your response. We are actually booked into a an inside room. We have never done an inside before but we were on a budget for this trip and the price we got was insane! I do hope the weather is good. From everything we have heard so far I think we are going to really like the ship.

Thank you for very much for your response. We are actually booked into a an inside room. We have never done an inside before but we were on a budget for this trip and the price we got was insane! I do hope the weather is good. From everything we have heard so far I think we are going to really like the ship.

Our first cruise ever was on the Pacific Dream which is now the Horizon, and it was a great experience notwithstanding that the Captain held the ship for several hours as our group was delayed getting to the port due to very bad weather where we live. Once we got to the ship we discovered that the suite we had expected was not available due to an incompetent travel agent that we booked through so we ended up in and outside cabin with an obstructed view. We later got some money back for the difference we had paid for the suite, and on board the ship we did end up with an unobstructed view eventually.

It was a great cruise even with the hassles, and don't be surprised if you have a few hassles too as Pullmantur can be painfully bureaucratic. Indeed on one cruise out of Valencia the purser was not going to let us on the ship because our passports did not have a stamp that showed when we entered the European Union. It was not our fault that Customs and Immigration in Paris were lazy the day we arrived.

I would suggest, however, that once you are on the ship you go to the reception area and ask if you can get an upgraded cabin, possibly an outside one. I have heard that this is often possible if you ask.

With the exception of our last cruise on the Zenith we have really enjoyed cruising with Pullmantur.

Maz, you asked about coffees. See cocktail menu on post #11 for list of cappuccinos, espressos, etc. included in package, which I really enjoyed. These are served in Café Moka and the bars, and I drank filter coffee at the buffet.

This is a great thread and it's helpful to have so many images with info to check. Thank you, Tiger 91, for taking the time and trouble to post them and to answer questions.

I did the short version of this cruise twice last year - both great value. Someone said the cabins look small. In March I had a balcony then in Dec an inside cabin and both were well laid out, comfortable, and I slept well.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Just back from Horizon we had a fantastic time I will write a review at the weekend

Great to hear you enjoyed your honeymoon. Really look forward to that review.

I wanted to book to go March 3rd but BH wanted to travel a bit later so we go March 10th......and looking at the weather for March 2nd to fly out, I doubt we would get to Gatwick! So had to admit she was right!:rolleyes:

Ive started to write a review of our trip ive put it in a separate thread because I realised it would be a long review , I will add to it over the next few days
Looking forward to it. I have a March 30th 2019 cruise but thinking of changing it to Nov . 2019 as soon as it's published.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Our first cruise ever was on the Pacific Dream which is now the Horizon, and it was a great experience notwithstanding that the Captain held the ship for several hours as our group was delayed getting to the port due to very bad weather where we live. Once we got to the ship we discovered that the suite we had expected was not available due to an incompetent travel agent that we booked through so we ended up in and outside cabin with an obstructed view. We later got some money back for the difference we had paid for the suite, and on board the ship we did end up with an unobstructed view eventually.

It was a great cruise even with the hassles, and don't be surprised if you have a few hassles too as Pullmantur can be painfully bureaucratic. Indeed on one cruise out of Valencia the purser was not going to let us on the ship because our passports did not have a stamp that showed when we entered the European Union. It was not our fault that Customs and Immigration in Paris were lazy the day we arrived.

I would suggest, however, that once you are on the ship you go to the reception area and ask if you can get an upgraded cabin, possibly an outside one. I have heard that this is often possible if you ask.

With the exception of our last cruise on the Zenith we have really enjoyed cruising with Pullmantur.

What happened on Zenith? That is the one I have booked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk