Has anyone used italytours.eu recently? Looking for recommendations

angelik

Our tour in May went well.  Driver Alfredo and guide Nunzia was friendly and courteous.  They made sure every one on the list(all 14) found them in the busy port of Naples. Our expert guide Bruno in Pompeii was exceptionally knowledgeable and made the experience unforgettable.

We put all of our eggs in one basket and used this company ( www.italytours.eu)  for FIVE excursions on our recent Mediterranean cruise .  I was taking a chance, but I was comfortable based on all of the good reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed!  All five drivers were where they were supposed to be, and all made a conscientious effort to get us back to the ship on time. Thank you to David, Paul, Gian-Carlo, Giuseppe, Giuliano, Maria and Margharita!!  They were courteous and knowledgeable.  We would have NEVER been able to see all that we did in Rome without their help and the "Skip the Line" option!

Kim

We did the Best of Florence & Pisa and the Best of Rome & the Vatican tours during our cruise in May and had a wonderful time.

We have previously done our own thing in Rome and can honestly say that we got to see so much more and in comfort doing the tour this time.

The drivers were excellent, very friendly and knowledgeable and the expert guides were top class.

We can certainly recommend and hope to use them again in the future.

Julie & Graham

24 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

You should probably tell people the day of this tour and make sure you post on your roll call too! Also, look on the other social media sites to see if there's a group set up.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will post on the roll call as well. We have 5 people so far. They will check 10 days before the cruise to tell us what our options are if we still don't have enough people. I hope we get to go as it sounds amazing.😁😁

• Like 1

We used Italy tours.eu in May 2019.  We took 2 tours with them, ie Pompeii, Sorrento, Almalfi coast,  Positano and Naples.  Luca was our driver and guide. He was quite knowledgeable and funny.  Maria was our guide in Pompeii, she too was quite excellent and knowledgeable in her craft.   Italy tours is a very professional organization.  They credited me immediately when we thought we had booked the wrong tour and was very helpful in selecting the correct one.  Their website is people friendly and easy to use.   I would not hesitate to use them again and would highly recommend them.

I went on the Best of Rome tour on 5 June 2019. I had not heard of Italy Tours EU before, but joined an excursion after reading about them on CC.

It was a brilliant tour and I would thoroughly recommend them.

The email communication when booking was very quick and answered all/any questions I had.

We were picked up promptly from the ship, and had a Mercedes 8 seater take our tour of 6 to Rome. The cost was €123, which did not differ depending on the numbers. 

Laura the driver dropped us off at various locations around the city to see all the sights, and we saw so much in one day that just could not be seen if we were just walking.

We saw ALL the major sites, and had 20 to 40 minutes at each one to walk round.

We were then taken to The Vatican, where we met our knowledgeable guide Lia, who gave an excellent tour of Vatican City for a couple of hours. We were then taken back to the ship.

It was a long day (got picked up at 7.30am, and we got back to the ship at about 5pm) but I saw so much.

I would not hesitate to use Italy Tours again.

3 hours ago, nlark80 said:

Thanks for the information. Did you do the skip the line tickets to see David in the Accademia?  We have booked the same Florence & Pisa trip and were wondering if it is better to go in and see David or not. Is the line long or would our time be better served seeing the area outside of the Accademia?

Thanks,

We did skip the line tickets for the Accademia and the lines were not too bad, although the guide said that they were longer than normal. We thought it was worth doing as you get to learn a lot about Michelangelo and David.

Julie

We just got back from a 12 night Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity out of Barcelona- we had used Italy Tours.EU for two tours- one was an extended day in Tuscany & the other to Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast - wonderful time- great company todeal with- very responsive & very reasonable price.

We highly recommend them ! 

Gerry & Denise

We were very lucky with the traffic, so yes, we were completely satisfied with the amount of time we spent at Academia.  We did not feel rushed at all.  Academia is fabulous, there’s a lot to see.  We could have easily spent another hour or so there, but we were famished, & a little tired from so much walking.

There wasn’t a wait for Academia.  We had paid $20 for Skip the line tickets, & we just walked right in.  Otherwise, the lines were very, very long.  We would have wanted to see the Duomo, & a few of the other sights if we had a few more days.  The lines were very long everywhere.

One other point to highlight.  We were picked up right near the Cruise Ship, the driver was waiting for us as we got off.  We went straight to Pisa , & then to Florence.  There was hardly any traffic.  Pisa was spectacular.  Hardly any crowds that early in the morning, & the driver, Maximo, parked the van right outside the gate.   So no time, or energy, wasted on walking to the tower.

It was all very well thought out & executed.

42 minutes ago, nlark80 said:

Thanks for the information. I was trying to figure out if we would still see much of Florence if we also did the Accademia tour. It sounds like you were able to do both. Two questions. Did you spend much time in the Accademia or did you just see David? I thought I read somewhere that they were only able to see David and not the other art/statues. Also, How long was the wait in the line?

Thanks,

Yes, Yes and yes!!! Let me tell you about the first day we used them...Very rainy morning in Rome, we thought "oh gawd, the tour guide may not even show up". Several ships in Port and very hectic....but we walked out of the terminal area and saw a guy with an ItalyTour sign but our names were not on it...he had a huge umbrella, we had nothing. We spoke to him and he assured us that the other guide was coming but told us to stay with him under the umbrella. We chatted about the tour he was on and the one we were going to be taking.....offering us his coat and plenty of room under his umbrella. He spotted our driver about 15 minutes later and took us to her for introductions..she allowed us to sit in her vehicle while the 4 other guests arrived. Of course the sun cleared up and made for a beautiful day!! The guide was fantastic, I feel bad I cant remember her name or the other gentleman that kept us dry....but we ran into the other tour later in the day and he made a special point to come up to me (he even remembered my name) to ask if we were enjoying ourselves!! It was absolutely one of the best full day tours ever. Although 6 of us he made everyone feel as though we were getting a private tour....he was truly interested in what we wanted to see and not exactly what was on the schedule....but agreed upon by all 6. The next day was Amalfi Coast and Pompaii…..same thing....WONDERFUL experience. Always felt safe and boy, these guides know their stuff...history, little fun facts, where to eat.....everything!! Even when they passed us off to the guide in Pompaii...that guide was also wonderful!! I would highly recommend them to anyone....no doubt the most professional group of people ever!!!

• Like 2

Enjoy your trip, it’s going to be lovely!  Ask for Maximo; he’s the best!  And Beatrice was so easy to understand.

When we went on a tour of the Vatican ( with another company),  we could barely understand the guide!  That tour was also very well done, but the guide did everything mechanically, & spoke too fast. That’s when we realized how lucky we were to have Maximo & Beatrice in Florence!

1 hour ago, nlark80 said:

Fantastic. Thanks again for the information. I went ahead and updated my tour and added the "skip the line" tickets.

We just returned from a Med/Greece cruise and used them for our port stop in Rome. Very pleased with our driver and the guide that did the Vatican tour with our group. Would definitely use them again.

1 hour ago, kenalg54 said:

We used this company for the Best of Rome recently (8 people) and were very happy with all aspects of dealing with them.  The communications before and after were outstanding.  The pick up dockside, and the tour were as advertised.  We visited the Vatican with skip the line tickets, purchased through Italy Tours, and the guided tour.  The smaller vehicle was able to drop us off very close to all attractions.  Do not hesitate to book with them.

Best of Rome is also the tour we did May 21st. We were also a group of 8 but once at the Vatican we were joined by another small group from Italytours.eu we were then a group of 14... The only problem we had were with the headsets provided from the Vatican..many had to change them out at a point and still problems. This was definitely a Vatican problem and not the tour company. So glad I brought my own small travel over the ears headset (which was compatible) as I can't use earbuds.

Edited by Ashland

We used ItalyTours.eu in June 2019 to see Tuscany during our stop for Florence. They were excellent. You can see the itineraries on their website. They were very easy to work with and responsive to questions. We were very pleased.

We used Italytours.eu in Livorno for a tour of Pisa and Florence. We linked up with other cruisers to get the required number of participants, which worked very well for us. The driver was patient and flexible. When he heard us talking about the beauty of Tuscany, he pulled over and in a great spot for us to get good pictures. My husband and I have been to Florence four times and weren’t really sure we needed a tour, but we were very glad we used one. Our guide told us a lot about the city and the sites that we did not know. She walked us around and made the. It’s real to us rather than just a tourist destination. Would definitely use this company again.

I can not recommend Italy Tours enough. We did the Amalfi coast from Salerno. Our van driver picked us up from the port ahead of schedule in a lovely modern van. Our driver was so welcoming and the leisurely trip to Sorrento and back along the coast was all we could ask for. Had i known earlier i would have use them from other ports of call,so much cheaper than ship excursions

• Like 1

We used them for four of our tours in June 2019. We just returned from a back to back on the Epic. We used them for Rome, Tuscany, Cannes, and the Amalfi Coast. They were very good. Drivers were waiting when we got off the ship and they were all professional and informative. If you’re doing this cruise, don’t leave out the French Riviera. It’s beautiful, and I hope you get David as a driver. He was great! Hope this helps someone decide. I would book with them again.Bon Voyage!

On our recent cruise we used ItalyTours for our shore excursions from Livorno to Pisa and Florence and 

from Naples we did the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast tour.  We were a family of eleven, ages 13 to 80 and

we all had an excellent experience.  We had Wolfgang for our Florence tour and Antonio for our Amalfi Coast tour.  They were on time, vans were in excellent condition, and our guides were knowledgeable and made sure we all had a memorable experience.  Do not hesitate to use this company.  You will not be disappointed...my only regret is that we did not have a private guide for Pompeii.  Do not try and see it on your own.  Not possible in a short period of time...

Again, Italy Tours, Wolfgang and Antonio thank you for everything....

We just used Italy tours for Florence/Pisa and Pompeii/Amalfi Coast. They were wonderful!! Lucca was great for Florence/Pisa, very personable, knowledgeable, and professional. Antonio was full of energy and had the whole group laughing which is not easy on a full day tour. He even arranged lunch at an amazing spot with a killer view. Will definitely book with Italytours.eu again! They were fantastic!

We used this company for 3 tours on our Mediterranean Cruise in May and loved them all. The drivers were always waiting for us as soon as we got off the ship, and they were all very professional, polite, and knowledgeable. The guides in Pompeii and at the Vatican were excellent as well. Dealing with the people in the office was also a joy, they did everything they said they would do and did it quickly. Plus, we saved over $400 by booking with ItalyTours.eu and not Holland America. We will definitely us this company again if we go back to Italy or France.

We recommend your company and would book with you again. Easy to deal with, responded quickly. Vanna, our guide, and Alfredo, the driver, for our Pompeii , Sorrento and Positano tour, were wonderful.  Vanna was full of information and felt badly that the weather was overcast. Vanna was very kind to assisted (and translated) with an issue we had with our hotel. 

The Florence tour was good as well. We wish we had been able to go inside the Duomo in Florence . We did go to the Galileo museum that our guide suggested and enjoyed that. 

What happens if your tour is confirmed and then a couple people back out? Will they still run the tour but the people remaining have to pay more or do they cancel the tour? We had a few back out of a tour and trying to see if I should book a ship excursion  as back-up for now and cancel the ship excursion (with proper notification) once I confirm Italytours has enough people to run the tour. 

We just got back from our Mediterranean cruise and used Italy Tours for Florence/Pisa and Pompeii/Amalfi Coast.  We highly recommend them.  Long before our cruise communication with them was always great.  If I had any questions I always received a response in less than 12 hours.  The tours themselves were very organized and they went out of their way to make sure we all were happy with what we were doing.  If we ever get back to Italy we would use them again.

On 6/23/2019 at 12:57 PM, HappyCruiser37 said:

On our recent cruise we used ItalyTours for our shore excursions from Livorno to Pisa and Florence and 

from Naples we did the Pompeii and Amalfi Coast tour.  We were a family of eleven, ages 13 to 80 and

we all had an excellent experience.  We had Wolfgang for our Florence tour and Antonio for our Amalfi Coast tour.  They were on time, vans were in excellent condition, and our guides were knowledgeable and made sure we all had a memorable experience.  Do not hesitate to use this company.  You will not be disappointed...my only regret is that we did not have a private guide for Pompeii.  Do not try and see it on your own.  Not possible in a short period of time...

Again, Italy Tours, Wolfgang and Antonio thank you for everything....

Glad to hear it as we have 3 tours booked with them in September. But I thought their excursion with Pompeii includes a guide? The one I booked says so ("Unlike so many other tours, we make sure you tour with an English speaking expert guide for a complete visit to this important site").