CC Help Jenn

Holiday Contest 2017! Holiday Decor

Happy start of the Holiday Season!

Let's have a little contest with a chance to win some Cruise Critic swag.

Show us a photo your favorite holiday and/or winter decor. If you don't have access to a photo that is fine, you can tell us about your favorite decoration and have fun looking at the photos :)

All are welcome to participate. I will keep this thread open all season long and choose a random winner from all who have participated after the holiday season has ended. Let's say Jan 2 when we return to the office

I will share mine in a comment below

We have a new home this year, moved in right before Thanksgiving. We moved from a townhouse where we had very little outdoor space to decorate so we find decorating our new home for the holidays a bit challenging. It has been trial and error and we are not nearly finished decorating inside or out just yet. I have lots of ideas I found scouring Pinterest and magazine sites but also don't want to spend a small fortune :)

So far my favorite decorated space is my porch - it really is so simple with two red patterned pillows and some potted greenery. I love the way it looks though, festive without being over the top.

7ea295923b707357527daca8cc980509.jpg

The other is a decoration that has been with us since we moved in together - and with my husband since he was a child. My son named him "Big Elvis", why I have no idea. This was his great decorating idea when I told him to find a space for Big Elvis

8438ad4c027948d85502cb001cb46bf0.jpg

Happy Holidays

Jenn K

Senior Community Support

CruiseCritic.com / FamilyVacationCritic.com

My husband is a big kid with his 22 year his tradition of creating joy for all kids, big and small, to see. He spends most of the year thinking of new wood Christmas themes that he makes, but making sure to have at least a 2 week break to take in a cruise.

507861996_PC200011-Copy-Copysmall.jpg.211f423b43ffeae62f214977dc246738.jpg

We really enjoy decorating for Christmas and have been told that we go a bit overboard. We built a new house in 2001 to accommodate our Dickens Christmas Village and 25 plus trees. The kids next door call our home the Christmas House. We had our home open a few years ago for the Massey Cancer Clinic Christmas House Tour. We enjoy sharing Christmas with others. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year.

Sorry, pic and video will not upload. Any suggestions

My favorite holiday decor is the Christmas tree. I cannot post a pic because ours is not up yet.

Yesterday was our youngest son's 19th birthday and we do not decorate for Christmas until after we celebrate his birthday.

Thanks for the chance to win. :)

My favorite decoration for Christmas is Mr and Mrs Claus. They are animated Dolls that have a candle and move their arms that were my In-Laws for many years and we have had them for 28 years. Both my Grandchildren are fascinated with them, especially since they stand almost 3 feet tall. I think they will be making a move to my daughter's house next year. For some reason my photo won't upload...

Within the past few years, I’ve been introduced by my fiancée to live Christmas trees. It’s become a favorite thing to alternate years to pick color schemes. This was my last tree— black and white theme. b39c48237eb62af8a60c5f05ff7647e6.jpg

~Profile Says Everything~

My favorite holidays decor is the Christmas tree, with the socks hung at the fireplace. To me there is no Christmas without it. It represents a festive atmosphere, and when the tree is illuminated it is magic. In our family it is a tradition. No matter the wrapped gifts given or received, it is what is in the socks that counts for children and grand-children.

Happy New Year and the best for 2018 !

Can't join the picture sorry.

My favorite holiday decoration is actually my family's matching stockings These are hand knitted by my mom, and before my mom made them, her mom made them. They have Santa Claus coming out of a chimney and his beard is knitted out of angora yarn. Every generation has one of them and I love them hanging from our mantle every year.