iamchrisstone

Cell Phone Service at Ports

After reading tons of forums I have found out the following information. I called Verizon and found out that for $10 a day, I get my current plan at each of our ports. I have unlimited calls, text and data. Some of you will judge me and say I should be on vacation and not use my phone and blah, blah, blah. But, some of my relaxation is posting videos and photos that I take with my drones and gopro's and 360 camera. Anyway, there is some information regarding my particular cellular provider.

By the way, we are sailing on the Sunshine on December 17-23 and will visit Grand Turk, Nassau and Amber Cove.

ATT has a similar plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After reading tons of forums I have found out the following information. I called Verizon and found out that for $10 a day, I get my current plan at each of our ports. I have unlimited calls, text and data. Some of you will judge me and say I should be on vacation and not use my phone and blah, blah, blah. But, some of my relaxation is posting videos and photos that I take with my drones and gopro's and 360 camera. Anyway, there is some information regarding my particular cellular provider.

By the way, we are sailing on the Sunshine on December 17-23 and will visit Grand Turk, Nassau and Amber Cove.

Old news.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do they only charge you for the days you use it? Otherwise, it works out to $300 per month. :D

ATT charges $30 for 30 days international roaming with unlimited text, limited data, and $1 per minute calling. For $60 for 30 days, you get more data and 50 cents per minute calling.

Best is T-Mobile. NO CHARGE, Unlimited texts, UNLIMITED data, and 20 cents per minute calling.

Or, all 3 support wifi calling, so enable wifi calling (must be done where you have a cell signal), and find a hotspot in port.

Do they only charge you for the days you use it? Otherwise, it works out to $300 per month. :D

ATT charges $30 for 30 days international roaming with unlimited text, limited data, and $1 per minute calling. For $60 for 30 days, you get more data and 50 cents per minute calling.

Best is T-Mobile. NO CHARGE, Unlimited texts, UNLIMITED data, and 20 cents per minute calling.

Or, all 3 support wifi calling, so enable wifi calling (must be done where you have a cell signal), and find a hotspot in port.

It's only the days that you use it. So, it will be $30 for my cruise because we will only be at 3 different ports. While on the ship, it's outrageous per minute and per text and per MB.

It's only the days that you use it. So, it will be $30 for my cruise because we will only be at 3 different ports. While on the ship, it's outrageous per minute and per text and per MB.

Just be aware that you are probably going to get 3G service at best and maybe slower. Don't plan on much data to come through. It is good for voice and text.

Watch the port versus charge, some plans are based on a 24 hour "normal" day, so if you are in port overnight, you could get charged for 2 days.

But again, why not enable wifi calling, and find a hot spot in port?

The past few cruises I have been on Sprint has worked at all the stops, even get a text saying calls are so much a minute and text and data free. I don't think it was LTE speed but it was good enough to check email and upload a few photos to IG.