The Seaward/Norwegian Sea????

Divette

Earlier this year, she moved over to NCL's parent company, Star Cruises. She has been renamed SUPERSTAR LIBRA and is presently operating from Mumbai, mainly for the Indian market. She is the first cruise ship based in India for the local market. Star Cruises were ideally positioned for this as they had already built up a distribution system in India, selling Indians cruises on their ships based in East Asian ports such as Singapore and Hong Kong.

In the summer, she will cruise in the Med from Valetta, targeted both at Europeans as well as at Star's existing Asian customer base. This will be the first time a Star Cruises ship is based outside Asia.

NORWEGIAN SEA's departure was part of a program for NCL's older ships to be transferred to Star as new, more competitive NCL ships are delivered. NORWEGIAN DREAM, WIND, MAJESTY, and CROWN are all expected to leave the fleet for Star in the next few years.

I sailed on the Seaward in 1989 for my honeymoon. Sailed the Carnivale for my first honeymoon in 1984. Both of those husbands have since been kicked to the curb and honeymooned on land with husband #3 so am hoping that the curse is lifted, LOL! I loved the Seaward and am glad to hear she is still sailing strong.

Thanks for the update.

Archived