NCL release dates for summer/fall 2019 cruises?

my3sonsnj

The Jade seems to be going back to the Med for 2019. I'm not sure what ship will be used for the Norway/Iceland/Britain cruises from Hamburg and Southampton.

The Spirit is currently missing from schedules after Spring 2019, so perhaps that is possible.

I assume that these will follow. It isn't unusual for some areas of Europe to follow quite a bit later.

Spirit will remplace the jade doing Uk ,island and Norway cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From ncl

Across the Atlantic, the Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Star and Norwegian Spirit will sail in Europe.

The Norwegian Getaway will return to the Baltic sailing nine-day sailings with ports-of-call that include Berlin (Warnemünde), Germany; Tallinn, Estonia; Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden; an overnight in St. Petersburg, Russia and a day cruising past the Stockholm Archipelago.

The Norwegian Epic will return to Europe in summer 2019 to sail seven-day Western Mediterranean cruises, with embarkation available in either Barcelona and Rome (Civitavecchia).

The Norwegian Jade will spend her summer 2019 season cruising the azure blue waters of the Greek Isles and Italy from May 12 through October 24, 2019.

The Norwegian Star, which will undergo a refurbishment in spring 2018, will also sail the Greek Isles and Eastern Mediterranean, offering primarily seven-day cruises with a small selection of nine-, 10-, 11-, and 12-day sailings departing from Venice, Italy from May 12 through November 10, 2019.

The Norwegian Spirit will homeport in Southampton for the summer of 2019 and sail 10-day or longer itineraries to to the British Isles, Iceland, Norwegian Fjords, the Arctic Circle, and the Baltics.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

Thank you so much for this info! So it sounds like NCL will be doing Scotland with Iceland again, out of Southampton instead of Hamburg (?). And no Ireland, although NCL doesn't seem to go there anyway.

The bummer is that we have already sailed on the Spirit (in the Med) so would have preferred Star or Jade.

I'm surprised GA going back to Baltics due to no-Haven roof but I guess it is odd ship out and probably makes the most sense off all destinations.

Also surprised Spirit doing Northern Europe as it seemed a popular route and Jade was a bigger ship.

Which itinerary were you hoping for?

That's an interesting question! It's this one. The website says the itinerary is 11-nights, but it's actually 14, so I'm still processing that fact. But, Jade sails round trip out of Rome and visits Croatia, Montenegro, Greece and Italy. The highlights for me are Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, and Santorini (all new to me), and an overnight in Venice aboard the ship, plus Athens and Mykonos. This year's is on Spirit and it is 11 nights, but I will just have to budget more vacation time. It's going to be an awesome cruise.

As an FYI, it's one of the "Distinctive Voyages," so it has a lot of added perks.

Nothing listed for mid April (UK) school holidays dates, anyone know which ship is where in the Med then. The last sailing on the Spirit ends on 07/4/19

Usually there is just one ship (recently the Spirit) in Europe at Easter, as the others are still on their way over at that time.

My guess, based on a very brief look at what has been listed so far, is that it will again just be the Spirit here this year. What it will be doing is the question. It will likely still be at Barcelona, but obviously at some point it will have to get to Southampton, and I would certainly be pleased if that fell into the Easter holiday.

I suspect it won’t work out that conveniently though. Including next year, we will have spent three out of the last four Easter’s on the Spirit, but I am expecting that we will have to do something different in 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an interesting question! It's this one. The website says the itinerary is 11-nights, but it's actually 14, so I'm still processing that fact. But, Jade sails round trip out of Rome and visits Croatia, Montenegro, Greece and Italy. The highlights for me are Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, and Santorini (all new to me), and an overnight in Venice aboard the ship, plus Athens and Mykonos. This year's is on Spirit and it is 11 nights, but I will just have to budget more vacation time. It's going to be an awesome cruise.

As an FYI, it's one of the "Distinctive Voyages," so it has a lot of added perks.

This is why my PCC loves me: I'm going to switch to this cruise tomorrow! It's on Star instead of Jade, but the press release says Star is going in for an Edge rehab this spring, so I expect it to be much more like Dawn when all is done. (I just hope they gut Star's hideous pool area.) I'm losing one sea day, Sicily and a random Greek island, but I'm gaining Marseille and Barcelona. As my sister and brother-in-law have never been to Europe, it's a better, more efficient itinerary. And it's cheaper! And I'm saving four vacation days!! With one sea day on a 12 night cruise, it's going to be a slog.

By the way, UBP is now $17.80 a day, as we all know. For the 12-night cruise, above, that's $213.60. As much as I might want to have a glass of wine with dinner, I just don't think it's worth it anymore. Maybe I'll get the soda package.

I was very happy to find this thread as I'm also looking for a cruise from the UK to Iceland in July/August 2019. It looks at the moment like the options from the UK and the Queen Victoria (which doesn't go to Norway which is a bit of a shame as I've never been), Celebrity Silhouette and Sapphire Princess. We'll have 2 teenage kids with us (will be 16 and 13 by then) but one can share with grandparents that will be coming too.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 3 options? I thought I'd decided on the QV, but then I saw the Princess itinerary and cabin sizes and I'm more leaning toward that now. Will NCL's options be better than both of them? Are there any others I should be waiting for (Holland America / Royal Caribbean)? I'm worried about leaving it too long, the Princess ones already only has 8 premium balcony cabins left, the rest are sold out.

I was very happy to find this thread as I'm also looking for a cruise from the UK to Iceland in July/August 2019. It looks at the moment like the options from the UK and the Queen Victoria (which doesn't go to Norway which is a bit of a shame as I've never been), Celebrity Silhouette and Sapphire Princess. We'll have 2 teenage kids with us (will be 16 and 13 by then) but one can share with grandparents that will be coming too.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 3 options? I thought I'd decided on the QV, but then I saw the Princess itinerary and cabin sizes and I'm more leaning toward that now. Will NCL's options be better than both of them? Are there any others I should be waiting for (Holland America / Royal Caribbean)? I'm worried about leaving it too long, the Princess ones already only has 8 premium balcony cabins left, the rest are sold out.

If you’re willing to depart from Amsterdam, Holland America would be another option— and in my opinion, it is one of the better itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m afraid we just don’t know at the moment.

NCLs itinerary to Iceland is, in my opinion probably the best offered by any cruise company. It goes to Norway for a couple of stops first and also includes Shetland and Orkney as well as some Edinburgh and Invergordon on the way back.

However, we don’t know when it will be running in 2019. We did it in August this year, which was perfect for us due to school holidays, but I believe that it is only available for 2018 in June and September, as they are doing Norway runs during July/August.

If that itinerary does fit in with your timescales then I’d recommend it without hesitation, but it may be another month before we find out.

This is why my PCC loves me: I'm going to switch to this cruise tomorrow! It's on Star instead of Jade, but the press release says Star is going in for an Edge rehab this spring, so I expect it to be much more like Dawn when all is done. (I just hope they gut Star's hideous pool area.) I'm losing one sea day, Sicily and a random Greek island, but I'm gaining Marseille and Barcelona. As my sister and brother-in-law have never been to Europe, it's a better, more efficient itinerary. And it's cheaper! And I'm saving four vacation days!! With one sea day on a 12 night cruise, it's going to be a slog.

By the way, UBP is now $17.80 a day, as we all know. For the 12-night cruise, above, that's $213.60. As much as I might want to have a glass of wine with dinner, I just don't think it's worth it anymore. Maybe I'll get the soda package.

you can still buy wine packages on board called Viva Vino or something like that where you select several bottles at a discount

they don't advertise it as much as UBP or soda packages but it has been available on last few cruises on embarkation day in the atrium.That may be a better option if you want a glass of wine with dinner.You can also bring on as many bottles of wine as you like but pay $15 corkage fee .If you have particular favourites that's another option

Yes Keith that is the exact itinerary that I'm interested in for summer 2019. It is running next July on the Jade out of Hamburg. But as mentioned in the NCL press release yesterday, it apparently will be on the Spirit in 2019 and out of Southampton. It says it won't be released until mid-January (bummer!). Guess I have to wait until then.

I’m afraid we just don’t know at the moment.

NCLs itinerary to Iceland is, in my opinion probably the best offered by any cruise company. It goes to Norway for a couple of stops first and also includes Shetland and Orkney as well as some Edinburgh and Invergordon on the way back.

However, we don’t know when it will be running in 2019. We did it in August this year, which was perfect for us due to school holidays, but I believe that it is only available for 2018 in June and September, as they are doing Norway runs during July/August.

If that itinerary does fit in with your timescales then I’d recommend it without hesitation, but it may be another month before we find out.

I also love the idea of their premium all-inclusive! Maybe I'll hold out a little and see what they come up with, but I'll keep an eye on the Princess one like a hawk incase they start selling the last few premium balcony cabins.

I did see the Amsterdam one and it would be fine for us 4, but not great for older relatives to get too.

• 1 month later...

Well, we are past mid-January and still no sign of NCL releasing their schedules for the Spirit for Summer 2019. They are offering double on-board credit this week so would be lovely if it does get released in the next few days!