Have I been hacked

I am on the Navigator right now on our way home. This morning I received Royal Caribbean gift certificate emails from RCI for separate certificates purchased by my son and daughter. The GC’s are not out of the ordinary, they often purchase them for us for various birthdays, Mother’s Day, etc.

Anyway I sent email to the kids with a copy of the original attached thanking them. I just heard from DS that they did not send it, but it is a duplicate of one he sent a few years ago.

DS distrusts RCI’s GC process and email notifications and suspects they have the problem where I am nervous and suspect I’ve been hacked. These are the only indications someone has been in my gmail account.

Comments please and thanks.

Seems to me that your kids e-mails have been hacked. That's the source of the e-mails.

Either that, or yesterday was a day of badly re-cycled e-mails, as I got a message congratulating me on a nook purchase. Which I bought 4 years ago. And I got a follow up email telling me that it was a mistake...

Seems to me that your kids e-mails have been hacked. That's the source of the e-mails.

Either that, or yesterday was a day of badly re-cycled e-mails, as I got a message congratulating me on a nook purchase. Which I bought 4 years ago. And I got a follow up email telling me that it was a mistake...

Thanks, not sure how much this helps since I’m on an unsecured WiFi network but I did have help from our brilliant concierge JJ changing my network password. I also hesitate signing into my gmail account to change my password to one that can be viewed on an unsecured network.

Hoping for just a glitch. A pox on those that hack.

Last night I received email also saying I had GC. It was for my daughter-n-law for her birthday purchased by us.. It was also a copy of one we purchased last year for her. Strange things going on with RC.

I’m relieved to read this. Thanks for posting! My DS also received a similar email saying he was receiving a GC but after reading, he recognized it as one he sent us last year. Perhaps RCI gift certificate department was hacked!

Edited by CruiseKeeper

I received 7 gift certs yesterday and the same 7 again today, actually at the exact same time they came thru yesterday. They are all duplicates of gift certs we received earlier this year for our cruise.

They should totally honor them since they re-sent them [emoji3]

(Totally joking [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, not sure how much this helps since I’m on an unsecured WiFi network but I did have help from our brilliant concierge JJ changing my network password. I also hesitate signing into my gmail account to change my password to one that can be viewed on an unsecured network.

Hoping for just a glitch. A pox on those that hack.

Because you got an old email, you think you've been hacked? Delete and move on

I thought someone could have hacked emails I have received in the past and sent them to me again.

Given that you are not alone, I suspect RCI has the trouble. It may be that it has been hacked. Equally likely it's some IT error.

Because you got an old email, you think you've been hacked? Delete and move on

I received two separate emails from two separate people that I received previously in the past at the same time this morning. They were not spam. They contain duplicated certificate and serial numbers that had significant value that I have used in the past. Not sure why you wouldn’t find that suspicious. Moving on is appropriate for some, I agree.

For giggles, I’m going to try to use those certificate and serial numbers again to see what happens.

I got the SAME email LOL about the nook purchase...no follow up yet telling me it was a mistake LOL

The got the same Nook emails.

Cathy

We have also received the email for gift certificate used in February 2017. Kinda spoiled our kids surprise to us for Christmas gift because they had to question it.

Maybe I'll try to redeem again? for pain and suffering.

I received 7 gift certs yesterday and the same 7 again today, actually at the exact same time they came thru yesterday. They are all duplicates of gift certs we received earlier this year for our cruise.

They should totally honor them since they re-sent them [emoji3]

(Totally joking [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I TOTALLY agree!!!

Called. Explanation after two phone calls and hour waiting for back and forth with resolutions, finally got "sorry, you have already used this certificate". Upon asking for explanation as to why we were receiving the three emails "marketing is behind in sending out their notices".

Certificate was a year old, cashed in December, 2016.

Called. Explanation after two phone calls and hour waiting for back and forth with resolutions, finally got "sorry, you have already used this certificate". Upon asking for explanation as to why we were receiving the three emails "marketing is behind in sending out their notices".

Certificate was a year old, cashed in December, 2016.

You seriously tried to use it again? You know what that's called?