The Tandoor is being removed from the Dream??

1cruisingal

We loved the Tandoor on our last cruise and ate there every day. Its a wonderful change from the burgers, pizza, hot dogs, fried chicken, etc which we can get at home anytime. I wish they would extend it to other ships as well. For our upcoming cruise we specifically looked for ships which had it but unfortunately none of them were sailing out of our homeport so we had to settle.

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I was running a search on this topic and it popped up....

...anyway, I just got off the Dream and Tandoor was very much still there.

However, I was told by some of the crew that in October 2018, Tandoor would be replaced by Seafood Shack. That would be a total bummer :(

I know that I am in the minority, I am also one of those in the minority who like Carnival older ships with Farcus decor!!!!! Yikes....:p:o:eek:

I agree with you 100%. I love the tacky, Las Vegas style decor that Farcus used. To me all the Farcus designed ships had their unique color schemes and you could easily tell which ship you were on by the way the ship was decorated. But like you mentioned, the majority seems to like the new modern look that started with Breeze.

I know this is an old thread but I was running a search on this topic and it popped up....

However, I was told by some of the crew that in October 2018, Tandoor would be replaced by Seafood Shack. That would be a total bummer :(

Oh no, I hope not. We sail on 10/28. I would be so disappointed if it's gone by the time we get there.

Another pay restaurant.

Oh no, I hope not. We sail on 10/28. I would be so disappointed if it's gone by the time we get there.

For what it's worth, I just posted to J. Heald's Facebook about the issue, and he has already replied back that they are keeping Tandoor on the ship's that have them.

I wonder if maybe the old Taste Bar is being replaced by Seafood Shack. It was a bar setup just last week on Dream as the Taste Bar itself is already gone. Perhaps the locations are being shuffled around and the rumors resulted from that.

For what it's worth, I just posted to J. Heald's Facebook about the issue, and he has already replied back that they are keeping Tandoor on the ship's that have them.

I wonder if maybe the old Taste Bar is being replaced by Seafood Shack. It was a bar setup just last week on Dream as the Taste Bar itself is already gone. Perhaps the locations are being shuffled around and the rumors resulted from that.

Good news. Thanks for posting his reply.

Of course they will remove it because it is popular and Carnival knows the sheep wont leave

I'm not sure how "popular" Tandoor is. Sure, some people really like it. I'm one of them.

But, I've cruised on the Dream three times (and going on her again in a couple months) and each time I've been on there, Tandoor has been BY FAR the least popular lunch spot. Now, I love that Indian food they serve there and get it several times over the course of the week. And I also love that it's usually deserted there, even when there's long lines at all the other lunch spots. But, if someone were to ask me, which of the lunch spots on the Dream gets the least amount of traffic - it would be Tandoor. Nothing else is even close.

Not sure most people believe JH as he is often wrong or inaccurate. Lots of hot air if you ask me.

If they do replace Tandoor I will need some kool-aid...Carnival doesn't nickel and dime....Carnival doesn't nickel and dime.

I loved the Tandoor. Sorry to see it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, its a very good convenient place to get some good food you can't get every day. While I am not bashing burgers, pizza, tacos, burritos or the buffet, those things are available anytime on or off the ship. Tandoor? Not so much.

So we also thought they were keeping the Tandoor grill too... then, mid-cruise (it was either on the Magic this July or the Valor in May) they ripped it out mid cruise port day, I think the Magic in Belize... there one day... then poof... gone by boarding time. I honestly do not remember if it was the Magic or Valor, but I know one of those tandoor are gone... everyone on the ship was talking about it as some thought “I will get that last sea day”... well... not this time!

Not sure most people believe JH as he is often wrong or inaccurate. Lots of hot air if you ask me.

If they do replace Tandoor I will need some kool-aid...Carnival doesn't nickel and dime....Carnival doesn't nickel and dime.

Now compare and contrast that with false rumors on popular internet cruise boards.

I'm on the Dream next month for the third time. Even though I always intend to try the Tandoor I never have, but I'm DEFINITELY going to have it for lunch this time. However I know nothing about Indian food. Can someone please give me a brief rundown about what they have or what I should try?

I'm on the Dream next month for the third time. Even though I always intend to try the Tandoor I never have, but I'm DEFINITELY going to have it for lunch this time. However I know nothing about Indian food. Can someone please give me a brief rundown about what they have or what I should try?

Tandoori fish, tandoori chicken, chicken butter masala, beef kebabs, Naan (flat bread) both plain and garlic.

For a great "mashup" pick up some tandoori fish, then head to the Blue Iguana café taco line and ask for some tortillas. use the condiments at BI's salsa bar to make your own fish tacos. Better thant he breaded fish nuggets BI uses.

Where is Tandoor located on the Dream?

Aft Starboard side (right side when facing front of ship). Just beyond the Lido buffet.

Of course they will remove it because it is popular and Carnival knows the sheep wont leave

I can't think of too many scenarios where Indian food has mass appeal in the US market. How do you know it is popular?

With that said, I hope it's still there for me to try in February.

When I was on breeze I never saw a line at Tandor. I don’t think many people were eating it. I tried to a couple times but didn’t know what to get. I didn’t know what any of it was...so I never tried it. Wouldn’t surprise me if they put something with more mainstream appeal in there.