Is there a charge for admission to beaches?

smith6

The beaches are free and open to the public, but you cannot use the facilities, water toys, etc. unless you pay and have a wristband. I would walk past the Boatyard, Harbor Lights etc. to the empty area, and then feel free to put your towel down on an open spot in the sand and enjoy. :cool:

Do you need to purchase a wristband even to use washroom facilities at the Boatyard or other beaches? If so what is the cost.

You might be able to use the facilities if you buy drinks or some food from the bar, or you might not. :confused:

For $20 per person you get a lounge chair, shared umbrella, free drink, boat ride to swim with the turtles, use of the water toys, and a taxi ride back to the port - it's a great deal! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
The beaches are free and open to the public, but you cannot use the facilities, water toys, etc. unless you pay and have a wristband. I would walk past the Boatyard, Harbor Lights etc. to the empty area, and then feel free to put your towel down on an open spot in the sand and enjoy. :cool:

Can I walk to Boatyard and Harbor Lights beach from the cruise port pier?

I've walked from the Boatyard back to the cruise terminal. It's about a mile and a half. Harbor Lights is a little farther -- about 2 miles according to Google maps.

It's an easy walk, through part of Bridgetown and past a fish market. Safe during the day. Unknown at night.

Our next trip, we are thinking about walking to the Mount Gay Rum Distilleries, anyone tried that? Looks like it it a little over a mile.

Yes! Go out of the port, turn right and keep the water on your right; as mentioned above, it will take you about 20 or so minutes to get to Carlisle bay and the Boatyard, Harbor lights, etc.