Anyone done New Years on Embarkation Day? (Liberty of the Seas)

We'll be boarding the Liberty on New Years Eve, and am wondering what to expect?

I assume there is no way that they would make it a formal night since it's embarkation day, but I assume they would still have a countdown in the promenade and in the bars? Just wondering what to expect and get excited about.

It also happens to be my MIL's birthday (and they will be with us). Can't wait.

Dan

We will board the Oasis on New Year’s eve. We expected it to be a full New Year’s eve/formal night celebration. Pricing for specialty restaurants that evening is escalated.

We have sailed several New Year’s eve cruises and all of them, regardless of the particular cruise itinerary, hold a full night for New Year’s Eve, and suggest formal attire. I don’t expect this one to be much different. I imagine they will work very hard so that everyone has their luggage as quickly as possible

I have no guarantee, but I would imagine that New Year’s eve will be a huge celebration. It always has been on cruise ships.

Enjoy

M

We boarded Adventure last year on NYE, and YES night one was formal night. And not on night 2 (when it normally is).

There are multiple parties going on- the biggest in the Royal Promenade, next being on the pool deck, When the Promenade party wound down, they moved it up to the pool deck.

The party was huge, BTW. They were selling tables at the sports bar and the pub- which basically got you space, party stuff, and a nicer bottle of sparkling wine. It was worth it to us, as the crowd was huge.

• 3 weeks later...

Just circling back to say that the NYE party was a lot of fun in the promenade that first night, and yes, it was a formal night with a special menu. The special menu had so many favorites on it that it was really hard to choose what to eat!... a good problem to have I suppose.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums