Review: Serenade 11-Day, Southern Caribbean

Terre

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your review. We'll be on her in April. We've been to all the ports. We're going because we love to cruise.We've never been on Serenade, but we've been on Sister ship Radiance three times. Looking forward to a great cruise.

We booked for March 18 on the Serenade and that's coming up very quickly! We really like the Serenade and have been to all the ports except Ponce. You'll enjoy it...I like the size of it.

This is a very nice review. We enjoyed the ship and the cruise immensely and have booked another

cruise on this ship embarking Ded 10 2018:

Serenade Of The Seas

Departure Port: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ports of Call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Willemstad, Curacao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Kralendijk, Bonaire; Castries, St. Lucia; St. John's, Antigua; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

11 NIGHT SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE

We've been to all of these except for Bonaire. I love Curacao! Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...

Hi Terre,

I had to actually join and sign in to be able to try and contact you Don't ask me how I ever found you on here.

We sat with you on your last Serenade cruise and our cabin was down the hall from yours. The morning we were leaving, I went down to your cabin but you must have already left. I wanted to exchange e mails. If you can, e mail me at taximombarb@yahoo.com. Hope to hear back from you and Mike.

Barb and Dennis

Hi Terre,

I had to actually join and sign in to be able to try and contact you Don't ask me how I ever found you on here.

We sat with you on your last Serenade cruise and our cabin was down the hall from yours. The morning we were leaving, I went down to your cabin but you must have already left. I wanted to exchange e mails. If you can, e mail me at taximombarb@yahoo.com. Hope to hear back from you and Mike.

Barb and Dennis

Hey, Barb! I'm glad you found me! I sent you an email. Now you can be a cruise critic!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks so much for the review we go on the Serenade Jan. 21, 2019...been on 6 cruises first with RCL...but do like smaller ships...

You will love the Serenade! Let me know if have any questions.

This is a very nice review. We enjoyed the ship and the cruise immensely and have booked another

cruise on this ship embarking Ded 10 2018: NIGHT SOUTHERN

I get off as you get on!

Great review im just hoping the ship isnt to small for me after going on the oasis class ones.

So is the latest i can eat 12 midnight and only in park cafe? (Not including room service)

• 3 weeks later...
I get off as you get on!

Great review im just hoping the ship isnt to small for me after going on the oasis class ones.

So is the latest i can eat 12 midnight and only in park cafe? (Not including room service)

Yes, that's true. It is disappointing when you get used to 24 hour pizza and other food sources on other ships/lines.

I noticed a typo when rereading my review. Antigua has 365 beaches.

• 3 months later...

Two questions about this cruise...would you advise bringing a camera for photos on excursions rather than an iPhone?...worried about iPhone being stolen...and for Snorkeling again should I bring mine in my luggage?...rather bulky and thinking just rent on Cosul tour or forget snorkelling all together?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 6:42 AM, bingobeach said:

Two questions about this cruise...would you advise bringing a camera for photos on excursions rather than an iPhone?...worried about iPhone being stolen...and for Snorkeling again should I bring mine in my luggage?...rather bulky and thinking just rent on Cosul tour or forget snorkelling all together

I always use a camera because I take around 500 photos on every cruise and there is no way my phone could handle that.  If you have a good 35mm camera, why wouldn't you want to use it?  You can adjust for more vivid colors, shoot landscapes more beautifully, get prettier sunsets, etc.  So, yes, I would take a camera for shooting pictures.

For snorkeling just be sure it's a water proof camera or sealed very well in a baggie.

I do keep my camera in my purse or with me, not in luggage so I'm always ready for that unexpected perfect shot--you never know when that will be, but that may be when you could use your phone.

Edited by Terre