Pirate's Cove

2PinaColadas

We just returned from southern Caribbean and enjoyed Pirates Cove. We walked Barbados town and then asked a friendly police officer where closest beach was. He warned us that you may pay for services on the beach, but do not pay to use beach. Ahead of us just walking through a parking lot was Pirates Cove. We paid US $15 for two loungers under a nice size thatched umbrella - they give you wristbands to show you paid. The bar playing music was behind us. Local beers were $3. Behind the bar were basic bathrooms and changing rooms. The water was beautiful - easy in and out. Wish we had left our valuables on the ship so we could go in water together. A few people were selling beach coverups and coconut drinks, but they were not pushy and were scarce. When we visited early December, we were surrounded by a calm group of adults, many from our Celebrity Eclipse. Further down was a more crowded area that was $20 for two chairs, smaller umbrella and drink included that seemed a bit more lively and varied in age. We enjoyed Pirates Cove and would return. The walk to and from the ship was mostly on a walkway along the water. Nice walk. When shopping in town, remember the Barbados $ uses same dollar symbol, but its two of their dollars to one US. On the way back, we noticed signs advertising 3 local beers for $5.

Edited by micruz

We just returned from southern Caribbean and enjoyed Pirates Cove. We walked Barbados town and then asked a friendly police officer where closest beach was. He warned us that you may pay for services on the beach, but do not pay to use beach. Ahead of us just walking through a parking lot was Pirates Cove. We paid US $15 for two loungers under a nice size thatched umbrella - they give you wristbands to show you paid. The bar playing music was behind us. Local beers were $3. Behind the bar were basic bathrooms and changing rooms. The water was beautiful - easy in and out. Wish we had left our valuables on the ship so we could go in water together. A few people were selling beach coverups and coconut drinks, but they were not pushy and were scarce. When we visited early December, we were surrounded by a calm group of adults, many from our Celebrity Eclipse. Further down was a more crowded area that was $20 for two chairs, smaller umbrella and drink included that seemed a bit more lively and varied in age. We enjoyed Pirates Cove and would return. The walk to and from the ship was mostly on a walkway along the water. Nice walk. When shopping in town, remember the Barbados $ uses same dollar symbol, but its two of their dollars to one US. On the way back, we noticed signs advertising 3 local beers for $5.

Thanks for this great description. How long would you say it took you to get there?

Thank you!

Another view.

It is a family centred beach.

Has a large dedicated child play area, which has no boundaries.

An attraction for families, both visitors and locals, being close (walking distance) to rental apartments, and to the centre of Bridgetown.

Where the chairs very close together? I don't really care how crowded the place gets...as long as my chair is not right up on someone else's chair so just wondering.

Another view.

It is a family centred beach.

Has a large dedicated child play area, which has no boundaries.

An attraction for families, both visitors and locals, being close (walking distance) to rental apartments, and to the centre of Bridgetown.

So since this is a beach a lot of locals use, would you say it gets crowded there?

Anyone know if there is anyone on the beach offering trips out to see the turtles or snorkeling?

Where the chairs very close together? I don't really care how crowded the place gets...as long as my chair is not right up on someone else's chair so just wondering.

So since this is a beach a lot of locals use, would you say it gets crowded there?

Anyone know if there is anyone on the beach offering trips out to see the turtles or snorkeling?

For us, anything over 30 is bordering on crowded. However, others on CC would consider 300 as being a great vibe.

For many cruisers it is considered a walk (free) from the Cruise Terminal, so think Herds. Locals do start start arriving from mid/late afternoon.

Because of it's continual popularity stopped going years ago. Think how busy it can get during the peak season.

The email I got from Pirates Cove said they could set up a trip to the turtles and/or snorkeling. From what I have read and the pics I've seen, PC is less crowded than Boatyard or Harbor Lights.

The email I got from Pirates Cove said they could set up a trip to the turtles and/or snorkeling. From what I have read and the pics I've seen, PC is less crowded than Boatyard or Harbor Lights.

Did they give you a price? We've done it before and enjoyed it, so not really a "requirement" for us to do again but we may be going with others that have not done it before and may want to. So, just wondering.

We were just at Pirates Cove after Christmas. Booked through Viator -- including snorkeling (Turtles and sunken boat). Fully recommended.

Snorkeling part was short and easy. Saw the "baby" (~ 10 year) turtles swimming around. The sunken boat had lots of fish. Crew was very friendly and helpful -- gear was very good.

Pirates Cove itself is a great beach. Outstanding swimming conditions. The package we got included chairs and one free drink. They picked us up and dropped us off at the cruise terminal, of course.

Overall, great day trip -- highly recommended.

To answer one of the questions, yes, you can buy tickets for snorkeling if you are a "walk-in" customer.

Did they give you a price? We've done it before and enjoyed it, so not really a "requirement" for us to do again but we may be going with others that have not done it before and may want to. So, just wondering.

This was the response. "Beach lounger and Turtle & Shipwreck Adventure Together

Adults US$30 per person

(includes free welcome drink)" . Not sure what the price would be for children. For just beach loungers w/ shared umbrella -- $8 per person. They have a website with contact if you want additional information. They got back with me quickly.

We were just at Pirates Cove after Christmas. Booked through Viator -- including snorkeling (Turtles and sunken boat). Fully recommended.

Snorkeling part was short and easy. Saw the "baby" (~ 10 year) turtles swimming around. The sunken boat had lots of fish. Crew was very friendly and helpful -- gear was very good.

Pirates Cove itself is a great beach. Outstanding

swimming conditions. The package we got included chairs and one free drink. They picked us up and dropped us off at the cruise terminal, of course.

To answer one of the questions, yes, you can buy tickets for snorkeling if you are a "walk-in" customer.

Was the snorkeling and/or wreck close enough you could do it on your own? My DH carries his own scuba equipment with him and would prefer to do it on his own. Thanks.

Thanks for the report. Were the bathrooms clean? Are there changing rooms?

Pirates Cove itself is a great beach. Outstanding swimming conditions. The package we got included chairs and one free drink. They picked us up and dropped us off at the cruise terminal, of course.

Was the snorkeling and/or wreck close enough you could do it on your own? My DH carries his own scuba equipment with him and would prefer to do it on his own. Thanks.

You could, but that is a LONG swim from the shore to do on your own - and then a LONG way back to the shore.

This was the response. "Beach lounger and Turtle & Shipwreck Adventure Together

Adults US$30 per person

(includes free welcome drink)" . Not sure what the price would be for children. For just beach loungers w/ shared umbrella -- $8 per person. They have a website with contact if you want additional information. They got back with me quickly.

Hmm, so for $30pp you get the turtle/snorkeling tour and the beach loungers AND a drink.

I went to check out Viator that someone mentioned and it said $25pp and listed everything above plus transportation included to and from the port. I'm thinking that's a good deal because they throw in the transportation. (Looks like they charge the same amount for children too...even though we wouldn't need a chair/umbrella for her since she stays in the water the entire time).

So after I get to the check out it says....

Inclusive of Boat trip to swim with turtles, snorkel at shipwreck and Beach Time Boat departs at 9am Lowest price available: USD $144.00

$48.00 per Adult (Age 13-93) x 2 travelers

USD $96.00

$48.00 per Child (Age 3-12) x 1 traveler

USD $48.00

WOW seriously? They are making an extra $18 per person by booking this way. That's an extra $54! Why would anyone do this? Maybe I'm missing something???

Hmm, so for $30pp you get the turtle/snorkeling tour and the beach loungers AND a drink.

I went to check out Viator that someone mentioned and it said $25pp and listed everything above plus transportation included to and from the port. I'm thinking that's a good deal because they throw in the transportation. (Looks like they charge the same amount for children too...even though we wouldn't need a chair/umbrella for her since she stays in the water the entire time).

So after I get to the check out it says....

Inclusive of Boat trip to swim with turtles, snorkel at shipwreck and Beach Time Boat departs at 9am Lowest price available: USD $144.00

$48.00 per Adult (Age 13-93) x 2 travelers

USD $96.00

$48.00 per Child (Age 3-12) x 1 traveler

USD $48.00

WOW seriously? They are making an extra $18 per person by booking this way. That's an extra $54! Why would anyone do this? Maybe I'm missing something???

I booked Pirates Cove through Viator, but I booked just the transportation to/ from, beach chair, umbrella and welcome drink for $19 each. Departing at 8:30AM and pick up beginning at 12:30 and going until 3:30, I think. From what I have read on here, there will be people at Pirates Cove offering tours to the turtles. Most quotes have been around $20 per person.

I booked Pirates Cove through Viator, but I booked just the transportation to/ from, beach chair, umbrella and welcome drink for $19 each. Departing at 8:30AM and pick up beginning at 12:30 and going until 3:30, I think. From what I have read on here, there will be people at Pirates Cove offering tours to the turtles. Most quotes have been around $20 per person.

Oh ok, that makes sense. I did not see anything that only offered the choice you described above....HOWEVER, I just went back on the site and noticed that they are now offering the excursion I was looking at above for 1/2 price now. Hmmm....It went from $144 to $72 now for all 3 of us and including the snorkeling tour.

Oh ok, that makes sense. I did not see anything that only offered the choice you described above....HOWEVER, I just went back on the site and noticed that they are now offering the excursion I was looking at above for 1/2 price now. Hmmm....It went from $144 to $72 now for all 3 of us and including the snorkeling tour.

I would jump on that deal before it goes away! :D

So looking at the Pirates Cove website, we can just arrive and pay $30 on the door for the beach/snorkel without making a reservation? On another thread it was mentioned that it's walkable distance from the port?

Mitsugirly I hope you go so I can read your review before we decide :D

We did a Shipwreck Snorkel that included over 2 hours of beach time, drinks and lunch at Pirates Cove. The place is nice. Local beers were $3 I think and the lunch was good. Plenty of loungers with umbrellas. I heard it was $25 or $30. Good deal. You might be able to walk but the cab ride would be easier. Plenty of cabs outside of the gate.

Our Snorkel was Ok but if we get back to Barbados we would probably just go to Pirates Cove. Great place,

Sent from my iPad using Forums