Don't Panic - bookings not showing up

TrinaLC

I *did* panic when our March 2018 booking disappeared. I had been a few days late making final payment (hand't been paying attention to the timing) and thought maybe it had been cancelled on us! And it was Christmas day, MSC phonelines not being manned (good for them).

I was able to find the booking by going through a different part of the website, but did contact them this morning to ask why not showing up under "my bookings" and was told it is a known IT/website glitch that MSC is "working on".

I *did* panic when our March 2018 booking disappeared. I had been a few days late making final payment (hand't been paying attention to the timing) and thought maybe it had been cancelled on us! And it was Christmas day, MSC phonelines not being manned (good for them).

I was able to find the booking by going through a different part of the website, but did contact them this morning to ask why not showing up under "my bookings" and was told it is a known IT/website glitch that MSC is "working on".

They are ALWAYS "working on" the problem! The absolute worst!

My booking which has been paid for in full has been gone for days and still is to this moment. I simply can't stand their problem riddled website. There are so many problems as well as the inability to book any tours or extras I can only imagine the flood of calls to customer service to resolve. It'll take forever just to reach someone now that the Seaside is in the states with cruises week after week now. Has to be thousands of passengers dealing with continued website woes right now. This will be my first MSC cruise and their website alone and the inconveniences alone are enough to deter me from considering them again ..... I've had countless problems ....Sad ........

It's an ongoing problem for years.

I thought it was worth a new post; our cruises have always showed up until now.

It is scary (in a "first world problem" type way - and a 1% at that) when a cruise you've booked, are counting on, have paid airfare and hotel, does not show up!

I was panicking because I have 2 cruises on the seaside that have been paid in full and neither one is showing. Good to know its just a glitch. I hate the website woes but LOVE the product. You will find that the service and pricing of MSC at this time make all the glitches bearable. At least for me :-)

I was panicking because I have 2 cruises on the seaside that have been paid in full and neither one is showing. Good to know its just a glitch. I hate the website woes but LOVE the product. You will find that the service and pricing of MSC at this time make all the glitches bearable. At least for me :-)

Agreed!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My booking which has been paid for in full has been gone for days and still is to this moment. I simply can't stand their problem riddled website. There are so many problems as well as the inability to book any tours or extras I can only imagine the flood of calls to customer service to resolve. It'll take forever just to reach someone now that the Seaside is in the states with cruises week after week now. Has to be thousands of passengers dealing with continued website woes right now. This will be my first MSC cruise and their website alone and the inconveniences alone are enough to deter me from considering them again ..... I've had countless problems ....Sad ........

Agree! This will be our second MSC cruise and it would take something mighty special for me to book again given the continuing problems with the website. If and when you do get to talk to them they will tell you that IT is working on the problem.....IT has been working on the problem for over a year and a half that I know of! Extremely frustrating.

I am afraid they are going to do themselves in before they ever get a following established here in the USA.

I am concerned as well. My booking is gone. I had trouble signing in 2 weeks ago. Finally got in with some help from MSC and when my 3/24/18 booking showed up it said final payment due 12/25/17. Originally it was due 1/19/18. I told the rep that and she said to ignore the 12/25/17 due date and it was not due until the original January date.

I hope that is true and they did not cancel my booking.

The older bookings had a final payment due date of 90 days prior. Along the way, newer bookings were changed to 60 days prior. Their "state of the art" website had changed some of the older reservations and the glitch was saying 60 days when it should have still been 90 days.

My booking is back as well. What I did, and it could just be a coincidence, was log out, click the web check in link on the main page. Once I put the information in my booking showed up and then continued to show up when I logged in normally.

My booking is back as well. What I did, and it could just be a coincidence, was log out, click the web check in link on the main page. Once I put the information in my booking showed up and then continued to show up when I logged in normally.

You are my hero!!! ;p

Just tried this and it worked. My booking is back and everything looks correct. Thank you a thousand times over!

Tried to access my booking this morning and of course it still wasn't there. So instead of using my usual browser, Safari, I switched to Firefox and tried again....voila! There it was! Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember someone saying that MSC's website doesn't always work with Safari. Worth a try for those of you who still can't access your booking.

So I went on, and made several purchases, printed out the receipt and signed off after looking at excursions, but haven't booked any yet.

So now, SURPRISE, SURPRISE, I went back to MSC on Safari and my reservation showed up!

OK so now it's better, but still too glitchy for my taste.

I noticed they now have a "legend" right next to the bookings drop down box to the effect of "dear guest, if you do not see your booking, check back in 24 hours", which is a bit of a help.

All our bookings are back :)

I noticed they now have a "legend" right next to the bookings drop down box to the effect of "dear guest, if you do not see your booking, check back in 24 hours", which is a bit of a help.

All our bookings are back :)

Waited more than 24 hours and still dont see my February cruise that is paid in full :-(

Some parts of the web site "check in" had my reservation while other parts of the same website "log in" access feature to the same reservation does not have my reservation. Some parts of the website showed two of us in a room for three and another part of the website showed all three of us in the room for three. This is one time I am glad I printed everything out beforehand.

Waited more than 24 hours and still dont see my February cruise that is paid in full :-(

Did you try a different browser? For a while there, if I used Safari I couldn't see my bookings and it said none were upcoming.

I tried using Firefox and it popped right up!

Good luck!