? about flying in day of cruise

dickinson

We have to fly in day of cruise and are packing now. What do you do about the luggage tag that the cruise line provides that is to be stapled on? Does it survive the airline? Do you ask the people in baggage services in FLL if you can borrow a stapler? Do the luggage handlers at the port have a stapler?

What do you do?

What do you do?

I print the tags on label paper (you can get full-page labels, no cut-outs), fold as per the instructions, then remove just the ends and stick them together. But NEVER before the flight - always after (well, we always fly a couple of days before, but that's another thread...:D)

Thank you to the people who answered my question. I appreciate it.

For those who told me not to fly in the same day.... That was not the question asked and if you read my OP you would have seen that I said I HAD to fly in day of. We don't usually do that. I didn't ask for your opinion about that just about the luggage tag.

Edited by dickinson

We don't bother with the luggage tags; we just tell the porters out cabin number.

Interesting. So they have tags there to put on your luggage? I remember from days long ago when the cruise line sent you tags. If you didn't have them (maybe because you didn't know your cabin yet) the porters had tags. Never thought about the fact that these days they have still have tags too. Thanks.

We use these -- velcro cable ties. Find them at any hardware store. We cover the tags with clear packing tape then punch holes for the ties. Put them on after the flight.

Enjoy.

1998890986_ScreenShot2017-12-29at10_10_45AM.png.bc87e99af7160f6255d153f6e2b03301.png

Edited by ldubs
Attachment

For those who told me not to fly in the same day.... That was not the question asked and if you read my OP you would have seen that I said I HAD to fly in day of. We don't usually do that. I didn't ask for your opinion about that just about the luggage tag.

You should not fault people for offering good advice. Sometimes people use the imperative: "have to" or "no other option" when they really mean they prefer it -- perhaps strongly. But "have to" suggests no choice - as someone has a gun to your head.

Interesting. So they have tags there to put on your luggage? I remember fr***** days long ago when the cruise line sent you tags. If you didn't have them (maybe because you didn't know your cabin yet) the porters had tags. Never thought about the fact that these days they have still have tags too. Thanks.

Also along with all your cruise doucements. The old document dance.;) FWIW Celebrity still sends luggage tags but not the cruise documents. I realize it's a little to late now but another option would have been you could have printed the luggage tags while at home,put them in plastic luggage tag sleeves with a few zip ties. Then when you collect your luggage at the airport you could put the tags on your luggage before you hail a taxi. Enjoy your cruise. Bon Voyage. :champagne-toast:

Edited by davekathy

Was this the title of your post - "

about flying in day of cruise"

DON

I sure hope you have a wonderful cruise vacation! These threads always make me cringe, people make assumptions. Thankfully, you were able to get your question answered - wait till arrival to put the tags on your luggage. And Idubs idea about the packing tape and cable ties is great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are joining you on the cruise. I punch a hole in the tag and tie it on with string or waste yarn from my DW. Never a problem

Great idea. We do have some zip ties so am punching a hole in the tag at home and tomorrow when we land will put it on the suitcase.

Thanks again to those people who answered my question with some great ideas.

We always put the luggage tags on right before we go to the port.

I have used clear packing tape to cover the tags (it takes them water proof and unbreakable). I then use the packing tape to secure both sides around the suitcase handle or have used a mini stapler. I put a tag on both handles, so there is no chance of my suitcase getting lost because the tag fell off.

For my last two cruises, I have ordered tag holders from Amazon. It's easier than dealing with the tape and stapler. I still put two tags per suitcase, one on each handle.

The ones that fit Carnival tags are $10.95 for 8

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007UXMQXO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The ones that fit RCL are $6.95 for 8.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011S5GO6Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1