Email to CEO

Terre

They do pay attention to e-mails at the CEO's office (mbayley@rccl.com). Our Australian friends were denied credit for missing their cruise when their flight to Houston was canceled due to Hurricane Harvey (several reasons given, none of which made any sense). They sent a courteously worded e-mail to Mr. Bayley ... and less than 24 hours later received a reply. Not only was there a sincere apology, the writer explained what should have been done to accommodate them. Our friends were given full credit for the cruise, a two-year window to use it, and $200 OBC in addition to the $110 included in the original fare. The manner in which the issue was handled impressed us all.

They do pay attention to e-mails at the CEO's office (mbayley@rccl.com). Our Australian friends were denied credit for missing their cruise when their flight to Houston was canceled due to Hurricane Harvey (several reasons given, none of which made any sense). They sent a courteously worded e-mail to Mr. Bayley ... and less than 24 hours later received a reply. Not only was there a sincere apology, the writer explained what should have been done to accommodate them. Our friends were given full credit for the cruise, a two-year window to use it, and $200 OBC in addition to the $110 included in the original fare. The manner in which the issue was handled impressed us all.

That's nice. I sent mine to Richard Fain on Thursday, but have gotten no response yet.

Well folks, for what it is worth I got a call from someone in corporate after an email concerning the "all passengers in same stateroom must have the Alcohol package if one does".

I was called the next day. ( 12/28/2017 )

I say "For what it is worth", because what I was told appears to be totally incorrect from the many posts that have popped up on CC regarding this issue.

I was told that the policy is THE POLICY. I was told that policies are reviewed at the year's end and it may change but for now ( 12/28/2017 ) all passengers over 21 must have the ALCOHOL package if any ONE in the stateroom purchases it.

So much for a bunch of wrong information. It appears there are quit a few people who have managed to purchase only ONE alcohol package.

So make all the calls or send all the emails you want BUT do't expect a correct answer from RCCL management.

Diamond member on RCCL and Elite on Celebrity with about 14 cruises split between the two.

bosco

A friend and his wife who will be traveling with us was able to call right after the news was released. I had told him to call and tell them his wife does not drink, which she doesn't, and see if they would let he alone buy it. They did. But like I said, this was right after it was released. I'm sure they were inundated with these requests after that and changed some things up pretty quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I received an e-mail last week from Nelson Frau of the Executive Offices letting me know that my e-mail had been forwarded to him from Mr. Bayley's office.

Over the weekend we booked with the Serenade for March and I sent my requests in to Special Needs with a copy to Mr. Frau.

Today I received an e-mail from Kaylee Contreras where she had contacted the ship and forwarded me their reply that they would supply what I requested. I also got a call today from Mr. Frau apologizing for all that went wrong in December and letting me know that the request DID reach the ship. He noted our upcoming March cruise and assured me that they are taking steps to make sure my needs are met for that cruise as well.

So, emailing Mr. Bayley was good advice, thank you everyone!

Update: I received an e-mail last week from Nelson Frau of the Executive Offices letting me know that my e-mail had been forwarded to him from Mr. Bayley's office.

Over the weekend we booked with the Serenade for March and I sent my requests in to Special Needs with a copy to Mr. Frau.

Today I received an e-mail from Kaylee Contreras where she had contacted the ship and forwarded me their reply that they would supply what I requested. I also got a call today from Mr. Frau apologizing for all that went wrong in December and letting me know that the request DID reach the ship. He noted our upcoming March cruise and assured me that they are taking steps to make sure my needs are met for that cruise as well.

So, emailing Mr. Bayley was good advice, thank you everyone!

Glad it worked out for you. Keep Mr. Bayley's e-mail handy.

I was told that the policy is THE POLICY. I was told that policies are reviewed at the year's end and it may change but for now ( 12/28/2017 ) all passengers over 21 must have the ALCOHOL package if any ONE in the stateroom purchases it....

...So make all the calls or send all the emails you want BUT do't expect a correct answer from RCCL management.

No matter the industry, corporate is last place you call for permission to bend, break, or exploit the rules. It’s just a fact of life.

Gregg

• 1 month later...
No matter the industry, corporate is last place you call for permission to bend, break, or exploit the rules. It’s just a fact of life.

Gregg

I wasn't asking to "bend or break the rules".

I emailed Richard Fain a couple years ago and got a response the same day from him personally. He also had two other executives get in touch with me that day I was blown away to say the least

Once I emailed Mr. Bailey I got an email the next day from someone else.