RCCL Canada/New England in JUNE - Weather? Clothes? Excursions?

slavearlen

We are booked on AOS for June 1, 2018 out of Cape Liberty NJ to Portland, Bar Harbor, St. John and Halifax. In JUNE does anyone know what the weather will be like and what clothes we should be prepared to take? I know about the winter months, but it's the JUNE weather that we are inquiring about.

Also, anyone have excursions at any of this ports of calls that you would highly recommend or highly NOT recommend?

Appreciate you guys! Thank you!

Took an Anthem Cruise this past May to Bermuda, we are thinking warm temps, but there was a cold snap. Miserably cold, windy and rainy. Could not use our balcony at all, wore shorts only when in Bermuda. Advise layers, and a jacket. We had only a flannel shirt each that I threw in in case it was cold on the plane.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on AOS for June 1, 2018 out of Cape Liberty NJ to Portland, Bar Harbor, St. John and Halifax. In JUNE does anyone know what the weather will be like and what clothes we should be prepared to take? I know about the winter months, but it's the JUNE weather that we are inquiring about.

Also, anyone have excursions at any of this ports of calls that you would highly recommend or highly NOT recommend?

Appreciate you guys! Thank you!

We did a similar itinerary (bayonne to canada/NE) in late june. You might want to bring a light jacket for the early mornings. Otherwise, shorts ant T-shirt during the day. We did get three days of fog and rain, so if you have a waterproof jacket, you may want to bring that too.

Remember weather can vary year over year so check the forecasts a week or so before your voyage.

It could be hot, warm or even on the cool side.

In Bar Harbor I would highly recommend a visit to Acadia National Park. It is beautiful. Also this is a place to consider having lunch off the ship and a great place for lobster.

Keith

We did all self-tours on our AotS Canada/New England cruise. Boston we just did a walking tour; Paul Revere House, Bunker Hill, USS Constitution, Boston Commons. Bar Harbor we did Acadia National park and hiked Cadillac Mountain. Portland we went out on a lobster boat. Both Canada ports we rented a car. St. Johns we did the reversing falls rapids, St Martins Sea Caves, and Irving Nature Park. Halifax we went to Peggy's Cove and the Citadel. I think we also saw the Bay of Fundy from the NS side, but I can't remember for sure.

One hour north of Boston here. June can still be very very cool. I would bring a couple of heavier sweaters/shirts. Beautiful time of year, however, still cool. Especially at night.

Hope this helps

We are 20 minutes north of Boston and would never consider June very, very cool. While I would bring a sweatshirt or light sweater, I wouldn't waste space packing a heavy sweater. I would dress in layers as the weather is hard to predict.

To the OP, look at the long range weather forecast prior to packing and pack accordingly.

St. Johns we did the reversing falls rapids, St Martins Sea Caves, and Irving Nature Park.

I think you mean Saint John. OP, don't get them mixed up! Saint John is in New Brunswick and St. John's is in Newfoundland. Both are ports for cruises.

In Bar Harbor we toured Acadia National Park, had lunch at Asticou Inn, and walked around town in the port area. In Halifax, we did the Segway tour. I didn't realize the Titanic museum was right there and it was closing by the time we got to it.

I think our cruise was at the end of June. We lucked out with the weather, as it was clear and sunny, but a bit windy and chilly in the shade. I'd pack a lightweight jacket for shore excursions just in case.

In Bar Harbor we toured Acadia National Park, had lunch at Asticou Inn, and walked around town in the port area. In Halifax, we did the Segway tour. I didn't realize the Titanic museum was right there and it was closing by the time we got to it.

Bar Harbor--take Ollie's Trolley to Acadia.

Halifax. For Titanic buffs, a little farther away, but a do not miss, is Fairview Lawn Cemetary. Then downtown, the Maritime Museum/Titanic Museum. After that, take the boardwalk walk back to the ship along the water.

Well it is Canada after all and you all know most of us Canadians live in Igloos most of the year......:confused:;)

June weather should be just fine. You can expect temperatures anywhere between mid 50's in early morning to low 70's during the day. With global warming you may just get lucky and reach mid to high 70's. Check the forecast prior to leaving and layers are the always the safe way to go..... When in Halifax if possible try and get out to Peggy's Cove.. its a bit of trip but well worth it.

Depends. We got married June 19th and it was over 40 degrees Celsius. However this past July we were in Peggy’s cove and were freezing at 10 degrees. In Canada u plan from 10-40 degrees Celsius. Sorry wish we could be clearer but the weather is not predictable as of late

Sent from my iPhone using Forums