Viking homelands arrival and departure times

Jaddy

We will be on the Viking Homelands cruise aboard the Viking Sea starting 8/21/18 in Stockholm. What time can we board on August 21, and at what time do they want us off the ship on the last day (Sept. 4) in Bergen? This information will help with our trip planning. Thank you.

We will be on the Viking Homelands cruise aboard the Viking Sea starting 8/21/18 in Stockholm. What time can we board on August 21, and at what time do they want us off the ship on the last day (Sept. 4) in Bergen? This information will help with our trip planning. Thank you.

I'm sure this info is on their website but my experience in Sept 2016 was you can board at 11:00. I think it was around 9:30 to disembark. We stayed in Bergen after the cruise and could leave at anytime. If you are with Viking, they will let you know.

You can board the ship at 11 but you can't go to your cabin until later the exact hour depending on your cabin class. The FAQ "When is embarkation" answers when: https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/frequently-asked-questions.html. Re debarkation, I believe their target is to have all passengers off by noon and out of your cabin by 8. Here's a link to the Viking Daily for our last day in Stockholm. I assume the procedures in Bergen would be the same: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv0iesggefhj2ek/15%20-%2007Aug16%20-%20Stockholm.pdf?dl=0.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We boarded the Sea in Stockholm this past September at 10-10:30. Took about 10 minutes as we were one of 3 couples boarding then! While we chose to check our luggage and head out to explore Gamla Stan, the staff invited us to remain on board if we chose that instead. We just wouldn't be able to enter our cabin until our 2:00 assigned time., and I think the World Cafe opened at 11:00., but I think the bar/coffee/snack area on Deck 1 was open. In Bergen, we had to be out of our cabin by 8:00, and off the ship by 10:00, IIRC. We took a Viking shuttle to the airport, and left at 9:15ish.

Sent by accident.

The "by accident" refers to me replying to my own posting by accident. Was able to trim out the quoted text. Anyway - let me add tho that on departure day, even tho they want you out of your cabin by 8, you are taken care of. You can hang around in the World Cafe and get fed OR in the Living Room or Theater and get served coffee and things like croissants. We thought the procedure was handled well.