Norton2505

Norton2505

Welcome to CC Norton. Questions such as yours about excursion shares should be posted on your roll call.

It would also be better to put a title on any thread you start, so readers have an idea of the subject

Edited by mom says

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks,..... the Ship's excursions of Normandy are pretty well sold out; would anyone be interested in joining us on a private tour to the CDN Juno Beach Centre and tour of WW1 gravesites on June 10 while in port at Le Havre (day 4 of the cruise) ?? Kindly reply to this Post and our email; tenseven@sympatico.ca for additional details.

Hi Folks,..... the Ship's excursions of Normandy are pretty well sold out; would anyone be interested in joining us on a private tour to the CDN Juno Beach Centre and tour of WW1 gravesites on June 10 while in port at Le Havre (day 4 of the cruise) ?? Kindly reply to this Post and our email; tenseven@sympatico.ca for additional details.

As posted previously and shown below - this would be the link to your Roll Call on your cruise and is where you should post your questions to achieve the desired answers. :)

This is the roll call for your cruise https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2437813

June 7 2018 Eclipse British Isles and French Open Dublin to Amsterdam

Again - re-post your questions at the link shown in this response. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic and we hope you have a great cruise. This board is a great location for general questions on Celebrity cruise lines. The links to your roll call that others have given you are the actual persons who will be on the cruise with you. Many things on board the ship can be arranged through the roll call board.

OP has already posted twice on the roll call but getting no response so for some reason posting here also.

Thanks for the update - I didn't check their roll call.

OP - Sometimes it takes a while for responses there as well - some roll calls are more active than others. Just have to be wait and see, but that is the best place to post.

Of course he is highlighting that Canadians may be interested in this tour...since he is interested in Juno Beach and Vimy Ridge that have significant importance to Canadians. The ship excursions are oriented to US locations.

A few years ago I did a tour of the Canadian focused WW2 sites while staying in Paris and it was amazing. Would love to visit Vimy Ridge but not sure it is possible from a Le Havre port stop.

Of course he is highlighting that Canadians may be interested in this tour...since he is interested in Juno Beach and Vimy Ridge that have significant importance to Canadians. The ship excursions are oriented to US locations.

A few years ago I did a tour of the Canadian focused WW2 sites while staying in Paris and it was amazing. Would love to visit Vimy Ridge but not sure it is possible from a Le Havre port stop.

I'm not sure that I'd say "of course"...

I'm well aware of the particular significance of the sites included in the original poster's tour itinerary to Canadians but, as an American with an interest in World War II history who has visited Normandy twice, I have been privileged to tour both the American and Canadian sites and--when back in Normandy during May 2019--hope to visit samplings of both again...

In hindsight, I should have been clearer in my earlier response but--to me--the tour offering is not necessarily one that might appeal solely to Canadians but rather one that will focus upon the "Canadian" sites but makes no assumption as to audience/those with interest... That slight distinction could influence response through the Roll Call...

Edited by Xport

Pardon my wording of my original post, but you are correct. I was trying to quickly streamline the audience so that I wouldn't waist anyone's time if they were NOT interested in strictly Canadian content in the tour. Of course anyone of any nationality is welcome to join the group. I shouldn't assume that American's wouldn't be interested in Canadian History but thought because there were so many "American "- based excursions offered by Celebrity that those cruisers would choose that route ! Cheers !