List of ships with FREE steam and/or Sauna

I have created a list of ships with free steam and sauna. It seems like most of the new ships are charging for this and it can be very expensive. Please help by adding/changing any info you might have on any of these ships. Some new ships have not yet been added to the list.

Please see attached.

Hope this helps others! No need to spend hundreds extra for a spa pass if you can get this for free!

Ship List.xls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One problem, though, is that just because they have one doesn't mean it works. The men's sauna on the Zuiderdam did not work when we sailed on it last February. The spa staff kept telling me that someone was going to work on it.

Bummer about the Zuiderdam, geoherb! Just got off the Oosterdam crising Mexico - clean, well stocked and toasty warm every day. It was even kinda crowded at times :D. Of course, in such a small sauna, 5 is about the max. Packed in like sardines...very happy sardines.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Rog - Thanks for creating this spreadsheet. Sorry, don't have Excel on my tablet or desktop, so can't edit.

All Holland America ships have free gender specific small saunas. None have free steam rooms. All have free locker rooms with multiple showers. Only Konningsdam has a sauna with a large window to ocean and multiple adjacent showers and cold bucket. Most Holland America ships do not have the sauna in the locker area - most are down a hall.

All Celebrity ships have free saunas attached to their free locker rooms. No free steam rooms. Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection, Silhouette and Solstice have small/medium saunas with 3 adjacent showers. Constellation, Infinity and Millennium have large saunas with a large round window to the ocean, a couple of adjacent showers and other showers in the locker area. Other Celebrity ships listed have been sold.

• Thanks 1

Roger - Here is more info on two NCL ships:

NCL Dawn - No free steam or sauna. Also, no free lockers or showers. All are available only with purchase of Thermal Suite package.

NCL Sky - Free steam and sauna medium-sized rooms connected with lockers and showers. Not co-ed.

Roger:

Disney Magic and Disney Wonder

Free sauna in men's locker room, medium size. Two showers and four lounges outside the sauna.

No free steam

Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy

Free steam room in the men's locker room. EXTREMELY small and cozy

No free sauna

I have created a list of ships with free steam and sauna. It seems like most of the new ships are charging for this and it can be very expensive. Please help by adding/changing any info you might have on any of these ships. Some new ships have not yet been added to the list.

Please see attached.

Hope this helps others! No need to spend hundreds extra for a spa pass if you can get this for free!

Great idea.Thanks. Some of the Cruise review books are outdated.Also good for a single guy,looking for friends.

Thanks for doing this. As I don't have excel, here is some info on a couple of P&O UK ships.

Oriana. Access available through Spa Reception who will give you a locker key. Showers in changing rooms. All facilities mixed/co-ed. Large Sauna, Medium-size Steam Room, Indoor Jacuzzi, showers, water-fountain and comfy Loungers overlooking bow of ship.

Aurora. Access available through Spa Reception who will give you a locker key. No shower in changing rooms. All facilities co-ed. Medium size Sauna, Small Steam Room and couple of showers. Several chairs, water fountain, large window overlooking side of ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for putting this list together. I tried to add the information I have but excel would not let me update the worksheet it said it is locked. May I suggest you add a column to enter the date the information is posted so we know how current it is. Also it would be good to lock the top row so the row heading are always visible.

Edited by willcan
left out information

Please see attached.

That was really kind of you to complete-thank you so much!

Hi Roger, I was also keeping a list of the RCL free saunas. In November of 2017 I was on the RCL Rhapsody of the Seas. It has a free sauna and steam room in the men's changing area. The steam room was of medium size fairly well lighted, but was very steamy. There were a lot of complaints that it was too hot. The sauna was fairly small holding at most 8 - 10 people. The room with the steam and sauna had three showers and an open gang shower the appeared not to work. There was a sink, cold water fountain, and a small bench. The changing room and restroom were separated by a door from the steam and sauna. The changing room was fairly small with a bench that would seat about 5 people. Out a rear door of the steam and sauna room was a very nice spa waiting relaxing area.

In January I was on the RCL Grandeur of the Seas. It has both a free steam room and sauna in the men's changing area. The changing area and the restroom are in an adjacent room to the steam and sauna with no door. The changing area was fairly large with a large bench and a cold water fountain. The steam room was of medium size, dimly lit and very steamy. The sauna was very small. The steam and sauna room had three showers, a sink, and a small bench.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please see attached.

Is the sauna free on QM2 ? nowadays it seems the trend is to charge more for everything.

• 2 weeks later...