Anyone have experience with Aft Facing Balconies? Equinox

mousefansmom

I have a choice between a corner aft-facing (smaller than normal balcony room 7358) or a middle aft-facing (larger than normal balcony, room 6312). Here is reference: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...05&postcount=2

I looked at the spreadsheet and couldn't find anything that would help me decide. We are set on an aft-facing despite reports of soot but I am wondering about the noise from the Tuscan Grille below... and also the roof of the Tuscan Grill also---will I see less of the wake because of where the roof is, vs. being one deck higher?

Any help will be appreciated--I'm obsessing over this cruise as I want it to be perfect. Our first time on Celebrity and our 25th anniversary!

Thanks in advance for any help!

I would go for the sunset veranda on deck 6 in a heart beat. We've stayed in that area before and have had absolutely no noise from the Tuscan Grill below.

Your view of the wake will not be obstructed ... plus, due to the ship's design (always refer to it as something akin to a platypus) you will look out to see the wake ... not straight down anyway. Even on deck 7, if you looked straight down, you would see deck 6 balconies. The larger balcony on deck 6 is a definite plus.

The only thing about aft cabins is there is sometimes some vibration. It doesn't bother us at all ... but some people don't like it. Also, since there are no aft stairs or elevators, you have to go midship to get up or down to another deck. Again, this doesn't bother us in the very least. We think deck 6 is a perfect location and usually try to get an aft cabin there.

PS ... we just celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Equinox. They went out of their way to make it very special for us. We love that ship!!

• Thanks 1

I would go for the sunset veranda on deck 6 in a heart beat. We've stayed in that area before and have had absolutely no noise from the Tuscan Grill below.

Your view of the wake will not be obstructed ... plus, due to the ship's design (always refer to it as something akin to a platypus) you will look out to see the wake ... not straight down anyway. Even on deck 7, if you looked straight down, you would see deck 6 balconies. The larger balcony on deck 6 is a definite plus.

The only thing about aft cabins is there is sometimes some vibration. It doesn't bother us at all ... but some people don't like it. Also, since there are no aft stairs or elevators, you have to go midship to get up or down to another deck. Again, this doesn't bother us in the very least. We think deck 6 is a perfect location and usually try to get an aft cabin there.

PS ... we just celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Equinox. They went out of their way to make it very special for us. We love that ship!!

Like!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've only done Silhouette which I think is the same configuration. We loved our aft facing Concierge cabin. You may want to check pricing. We had initially booked SV and found CC was a bit less in price. CC perks are pretty ho-hum but have about 10 square feet more in the room.

I have a choice between a corner aft-facing (smaller than normal balcony room 7358) or a middle aft-facing (larger than normal balcony, room 6312). Here is reference: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...05&postcount=2

I looked at the spreadsheet and couldn't find anything that would help me decide. We are set on an aft-facing despite reports of soot but I am wondering about the noise from the Tuscan Grille below... and also the roof of the Tuscan Grill also---will I see less of the wake because of where the roof is, vs. being one deck higher?

Any help will be appreciated--I'm obsessing over this cruise as I want it to be perfect. Our first time on Celebrity and our 25th anniversary!

Thanks in advance for any help!

We had the centre aft CC cabin on deck 11. No real problem with soot. Would book it again in a heartbeat. There is no shade on those verandas though. Still not a deal breaker for us. Watching the sunset over the wake with a drink in hand was great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Another vote for 6312. Bigger balcony is a big plus. We have had one higher up (can't remember the number) and it is noticeably wider, but not deeper. Also being over the center of the restaurant should not be much of a noise issue.....Being over kitchens is much more of a problem. Not the case for you.

We were over Main dining room on M class and it was silent. We were also directly over the restaurant area last year on Equinox (6303- last stateroom on the port side) and had no noise issue. Hope that experience helps.

Have a lovely cruise and Anniversary.

PL

• Thanks 1

We were in cabin 6309 on the Equinox the week of 12/2 and loved it! We've stayed higher up across the back so were concerned with the 'roof' of Tuscan obstructing our view. This was not a problem and there was no noise problem. Yes, we had a little soot a night or two but not all the time. I would caution that crew hands walk on top of Tuscan's 'roof' a few times throughout the cruise so don't be surprised if you see someone outside your balcony door. We love the aft balconies.

Edited by LuvCruzn4Evr
  • Thanks 1

We have been in the center aft on deck 9 on Equinox and Eclipse and gave it booked on Solstice this fall. Loved every min back there. Little ash at times but the view is so worth it. Added benefit is the extra exercise walking all the way back there! This means a few extra calories are burned off [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
We've only done Silhouette which I think is the same configuration. We loved our aft facing Concierge cabin. You may want to check pricing. We had initially booked SV and found CC was a bit less in price. CC perks are pretty ho-hum but have about 10 square feet more in the room.

On the S class ships all the veranda cabins including standard verandas, Concierge and Aqua are the same size. On the M class ship the Concierge and Aqua cabins are about 20 sq ft larger.

Can one tell us, are the balconies on these aft cabins fully uncovered or half covered/half uncovered? With the stair step design we are curious. Thanks for the input. Enjoy. :)
Only the ones on deck 12 are covered. All the other decks are FULL sun. Was not a problem for us. We were concerned with all the reports of people looking down but to be honest we didn't catch anyone looking down on us. They were more interested in watching the wake.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Corner aft - you mean the sky suites? We've sailed in those most times we've been on a ship, and we love them. Extra space in the cabin, big wrap around balcony, and of course the benefits of Luminae and Michael's Club.

If that's not what you mean, I apologize. We've also sailed in the center aft cabin which had a wider than normal balcony, but honestly the balcony size doesn't mean a whole lot to us - the size of the cabin does.

We've never had any soot, extra noise, or anything from aft cabins, and we've maybe had 100 nights in them.

Can one tell us, are the balconies on these aft cabins fully uncovered or half covered/half uncovered? With the stair step design we are curious. Thanks for the input. Enjoy. :)
We were on deck 10 just a few weeks ago on the Equinox. Not covered but we had no issue with sun at all. Really liked the aft facing... But did miss not being able to see the port as we pulled in was a little bit of a bummer. At least we had a great view as we left!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If our Future Cruises rep was accurate, 6312 and others in the same position have a 50% wider veranda due to a storage closet (not located on the veranda, but in the interior passage).

Our personal preference is as close to centerline as possible, which those cabins will give you.

If our Future Cruises rep was accurate, 6312 and others in the same position have a 50% wider veranda due to a storage closet (not located on the veranda, but in the interior passage).

Our personal preference is as close to centerline as possible, which those cabins will give you.

I've attached a copy of the Equinox aft balconies...I wouldn't say 50% larger (stayed in one) but definitely about 20%. The 4th in from each side on S class are the largest (except for Reflection I think). Hope this helps.

809591495_equinoxaftcabinsnumbered(2).jpg.83be58e71ee98c7b372652d3258e478b.jpg