Navigator of the seas drydock

16 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dang, is this accurate?  Not sure how I missed this.   I love the Viking Crown lounge, but now it appears that only a tiny section is available for standard guests (Cosmopolitan club), and it’s shoved to the rear.  Do they open up more in the evening for the DJ, music  and such?

Yet elsewhere in the app it states the DL is on deck5 and the Connoisseurs Club was moved to mid ship deck 5.

Do you really think they moved the Connoisseurs Club from the entrance of the Star Lounge and placed in prime real-estate of the promenade? 

IMG_0545.thumb.jpg.383fa03d188870aba57cec7e4de369e7.jpg

Typical Royal IT.   Both feet in front of the other which leads to a full face plant.  

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Dang, is this accurate?  Not sure how I missed this.   I love the Viking Crown lounge, but now it appears that only a tiny section is available for standard guests (Cosmopolitan club), and it’s shoved to the rear.  Do they open up more in the evening for the DJ, music  and such?

EE4DD04B-598D-4905-87BA-CC8712FA39F6.png

This would be such a disappointment, we love going up to the Viking Crown lounge.

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

That's different to the website deck plan image. 

There is no detail available in the App yet for my sailing at the end of April, so I guess they're still working on it. 

2 minutes ago, CazV said:

That's different to the website deck plan image. 

There is no detail available in the App yet for my sailing at the end of April, so I guess they're still working on it. 

True.  Thanks for that.  The website version makes more sense in general.  I'd be shocked if they gave away that large main viewing area of the Viking crown to Suites only.

It shows the Suite Lounge, and not the Diamond lounge.  We already know the Diamond lounge is moving to Deck 5 so the website version appears to be more accurate.

Dan

Viking Crown Lounge.JPG

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We already know the Diamond lounge is moving to Deck 5 so the website version appears to be more accurate.

Yep the website version of the Deck Plan has the Diamond Lounge on Deck 5. 

3 hours ago, twangster said:

As if one drill isn't enough, Navigator has a "Guest Assembly Drill" followed by a "Muster Drill".

I'd say the app isn't quite ready for Navigator yet, or they are trying to score extra points with the USGC.

IMG_0546.thumb.jpg.492f186c89f77c6961de24629216604c.jpg

How did you get access to this?  Mine has the booking but nothing else loading.... OMG, just went to check and now the Navigator is not listed as supported ships.  It was yesterday though.  Mind boggling.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Royal IT is what is going on.  No surprises at all.  

If I recall correctly the same thing happened before Symphony launched.  It was for a few days then removed before being added closer to launch date.

👍🤗 feel better now.

And yes, Royal IT is special! Have experienced it many times.

Enjoying all the photos thank you!  You can see CARNIVAL PRIDE in the distance.  She is getting a significant overhaul as well.  All the balconies are being removed and new ones attached.  Not sure why, it's actually the first time I've seen that.  Perhaps there was significant metal fatigue and deterioration?  

11 hours ago, atricks said:

The Navigator is now on the Royal app.  Although I don't think they've loaded up all the sailing info yet.   If it doesn't pop up for your reservation yet, you can still manually pick it if you press the "Get more details on the ships we support" link on the home screen.  Then it'll allow you to pick the ship and sailing -- find a similar itinerary to yours before hand and you can get an idea of the schedule of the events for yours. 

FYI Navigator has been removed from the app, and it is no longer listed as a supported ship.  Obviously a work in progress.  

5 minutes ago, eroller said:

FYI Navigator has been removed from the app, and it is no longer listed as a supported ship.  Obviously a work in progress.  

No loss really, even for fully supported ships it's a work in progress. 

On Indy two weeks ago I couldn't use the cabin TV or the app to look at my folio and several items were missing from the app but appeared in the cruise compass.  It's Royal technology so yeah, broken.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, twangster said:

No loss really, even for fully supported ships it's a work in progress. 

Exactly.  I was surprised it worked at all on MAJESTY OF THE SEAS last month.  It was only partial capability.  That part I know varies by ship.