A few kinda specific questions about Carnival Cruises and Cruises in general

Hestabbedbasil

We'll be disembarking on the Imagination monday afternoon, and I had just a few questions, some stupid, some sensible :)

First, are pool tables available on the ship? I would think so, but I wasn't too sure

Second, does the Imagination have a sushi bar?

Third, Are onshore excursions made fairly clear, or do you have to find them yourself?

Fourth, is there plenty to do for late teenagers who aren't so into the dancing/vegas shows thing?

Fifth, (from a younger member of the family), can you snorkel with glasses?

Thanks so so so much!

there is only one class of ship with pool tables and that is the Royal caribbeans Radience class ships. Carnival has none.

there is an excrusion desk that you book your excursions for. When you get to the pier--there willbe a sign that states Carnival tour. (great signage in Grand CAyman.) there is a gazebo once you get off the dock--go under the gazebo and look for the signs that say carnival. Because there are a lot of tours...ask the guide holding the sign if you are in the right area.

What tour are you doing in Ocho Rios?

On our first cruise--my kids were teens.. they had an awesome time. Hopefully you have early seating where its good for their fun times. First night will be a teen metting..make sure the teen goes to that.

Sushi on the smaller ships I have been on don't have a specific sushi bar... I think on the Sensation they had it on the buffet... on the larger newer ships, there is a specific bar. Perhaps the Imagination has a seperate bar? Sushi is included however, only charge is for the sake :D

Have a great time!! (and btw, I'm assuming you will be embarking on Monday ;))

FYI - Embarking is gettin ON - Disembarking is getting OFF.:D You'll learn these terms soon enough, so no worry.

Your teen will find something to do if he/she doesn't care for the production shows, and there's usually a teen 'meet and greet' sometime early on in the cruise for them to meet others their age. Look for an announcement in the Capers...newsletter.

Your child will not really need glasses while snorkeling. There's something about the mask that makes things seem clearer underwater. Can't explain it, but it worked well for me and I could see everything.

Generally everything underwater appears to be about 25% larger when viewed through a snorkel mask. If your vision is extremely poor you can have a prescription mask made..a friend of ours had one made up in time for his last cruise and enjoyed his snorkel experiences much more.

Sushi on the smaller ships I have been on don't have a specific sushi bar... I think on the Sensation they had it on the buffet... on the larger newer ships, there is a specific bar. Perhaps the Imagination has a seperate bar? Sushi is included however, only charge is for the sake :D

Have a great time!! (and btw, I'm assuming you will be embarking on Monday ;))

Yes the Imagination has a sushi bar located where I said, I have eaten there. :p

Archived