Guarantee room question on the Allure

Hi! A friend of mine wants to go on the same cruise as me and the only interior room left are the guarantee rooms. How far out before her cruise will she find out what room she is in and are they always on deck 3? Does anyone know why they have the guarantee rooms? Why can't you pick from what's still available?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi! A friend of mine wants to go on the same cruise as me and the only interior room left are the guarantee rooms. How far out before her cruise will she find out what room she is in and are they always on deck 3? Does anyone know why they have the guarantee rooms? Why can't you pick from what's still available?

You could find out from 5 minutes after you book right up until the time you arrive st the pier.

Once assigned you can usually change to any other room available in the EXACT SAME CATEGORY.

It’s a guarantee which is why you can’t pick. And note they may assign you a room that isn’t showing on the websites inventory.

Guarantees are used to control inventory. They can sell cabins at a cheaper rate without opening themselves up to people calling in for price drops.

Bottom line...be prepared to accept the worst cabin in the category that you booked.

Please be aware that the lowest category interior cabin on Allure is tiny. We had one in 2015 my review was:

Cabin Q 10279

This cabin is not just smaller than a standard cabin it is missing some of the bells and whistles that normally come with an Allure of the Seas cabin making it very basic. No ipod station, no room service breakfast menu, no Royal Caribbean book (with full room service menu), etc. The wardrobe is half the size of a standard cabin and there is a chair instead of a sofa. Honestly the cabin would be better without the chair because you can't get into the wardrobe without dragging the heavy chair out of the way. There are no drawers except for a very small one in the bathroom, a few cupboards with shelves but no drawers for little bits and pieces. The bed when it is made up as a double is against the wall on one side so I would recommend that if you stay in this cabin you ask for the beds to be separated. This room is adequate but honestly pay the extra and go for a standard size room

I hope this helps

Gail

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You could find out from 5 minutes after you book right up until the time you arrive st the pier.

Once assigned you can usually change to any other room available in the EXACT SAME CATEGORY.

It’s a guarantee which is why you can’t pick. And note they may assign you a room that isn’t showing on the websites inventory.

Guarantees are used to control inventory. They can sell cabins at a cheaper rate without opening themselves up to people calling in for price drops.

Bottom line...be prepared to accept the worst cabin in the category that you booked.

Thank you for your help!

Please be aware that the lowest category interior cabin on Allure is tiny. We had one in 2015 my review was:

Cabin Q 10279

This cabin is not just smaller than a standard cabin it is missing some of the bells and whistles that normally come with an Allure of the Seas cabin making it very basic. No ipod station, no room service breakfast menu, no Royal Caribbean book (with full room service menu), etc. The wardrobe is half the size of a standard cabin and there is a chair instead of a sofa. Honestly the cabin would be better without the chair because you can't get into the wardrobe without dragging the heavy chair out of the way. There are no drawers except for a very small one in the bathroom, a few cupboards with shelves but no drawers for little bits and pieces. The bed when it is made up as a double is against the wall on one side so I would recommend that if you stay in this cabin you ask for the beds to be separated. This room is adequate but honestly pay the extra and go for a standard size room

I hope this helps

Gail

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for letting me know this! I'll let my friend know.