Does the Deluxe Veranda on Viking Sea have electrical outlets & USB at the bedside?

PlanoTim

Since so many people do this, I wonder why people book the DV cabins. No more space and only a few perks that mount up to quiet an increase in price...but that's me.

We have come to the conclusion that it is more worthwhile going on V cabin rather than DV cabins. For several hundred dollars extra per person for an average cruise, in our view, the so-called perks are not worth paying so much for. The worst perk is the Coffee Machine - we tried the coffee and it wasn't even very nice. After that, the Coffee Machine was as good as being redundant to us.

Best thing for storage is to have your attendant remove the in room coffee maker and the cups . This gives you a Great deal of additional storage space . You can get coffee at various locations on the ship and we’ve been in 6 different Ocean Cruises including their 140 day WC and never used their in room service

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the tip. I do need my coffee first thing in the early morning, but room service or runnning to the nearest station to get a good cup of expresso based Americano coffee will always work for me.

Thanks for the tip. I do need my coffee first thing in the early morning, but room service or runnning to the nearest station to get a good cup of expresso based Americano coffee will always work for me.

Best place for coffee on board will be in the Explorers Lounge on the 7 th deck next to Mamson or room service

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
Since so many people do this, I wonder why people book the DV cabins. No more space and only a few perks that mount up to quiet an increase in price...but that's me.

We did it to get an aft cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Location. Location. Location. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 year later...

I see one of the USB ports is marked "High power".  Is that more appropriate for a new device fast charge versus an old device, slow charge?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+.  I'm trying to decide which port I should use to charge.

45 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I see one of the USB ports is marked "High power".  Is that more appropriate for a new device fast charge versus an old device, slow charge?  I have a Samsung Galaxy S9+.  I'm trying to decide which port I should use to charge.

It's not going to be the Quick Charge 3.0 that your Samsung is expecting.  It will charge your phone, but not much faster than a normal USB.  Best bet for Samsung would be to take your charger and plug it in to the US outlet.  The Quick Charge protocol actually steps the voltage up from the 5 Volts that is normal for USB to a higher voltage, as coordinated by the phone.  The "High Power" USB outlets are only 5 Volts, but are capable of supplying a bit more current (i.e. Amps) than "standard" USB.

Some devices (e.g. Amazon Kindle Fire tablets) will complain if they are plugged in to something less than a "high power" USB, even though they don't support Quick Charge.

+1 on booking DV only if V is sold out.  We had a V guarantee on our last cruise but got upgraded to DV - they are exactly alike except for position on the ship.  Most of us that try to book V do so because it is cheaper and the same but they sell out quickly.  We were happy in deck 3 V cabin that was foreward and happy in deck 6 DV a little past mid-ship toward aft.  Both were quiet and stable.  Deck 3 is nice because you are close to the theater and the Restaurant and Living Room etc.  Deck 6 is nice because it is convenient to the World Cafe, Pool, Winter Garden, and Lounge.  One floor up or down is good and you can get your exercise going from one end to the other.