Rental Car agencies AT THE PORT in Barbados

NWHairGal

I'm looking for rental car agencies at the Port in Barbados. Someone on a different tread said that all the major agencies are there. But I've looked into it and only can find Voyager. Courtesy looks only to be out of the airport. I called Enterprise and they are also only at the airport. Alamo, Avis, Budget, & National all said they don't have any in Barbados.

Does anyone know of any other reputable rental car agencies at the port? If so, have you used them and are they reliable and are their cars reliable? Years ago, and on a different island, I searched for the major agencies and couldn't find any so I reserved ahead of time through a local. Only to find when we got into port that some of the major ones were indeed in port. But we had a reservation with a local & I wanted to honor that, but we found out they rented us a "convertible" that was convertible because the top literally had rotted off so there was no way to put the top on to get out of the sun AND they had to scoop armfuls of leaves out of the car before we could use it. To say the least, I'm now gun shy of the local rentals :')

So I am hoping someone knows if any of these major ones are indeed in port and if so, who. I'm happy to rent from a local with good referrals.

Thank you in advance for your information.

We are staying on Barbados pre cruise at the end of this month and are hiring a car from Stoutes. BUT we cannot return the car to the cruise port as the only company allowed there is Courtesy. I was given this info by the owner of Stoutes car rental company so I am sure she knows what she is talking about! Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are staying on Barbados pre cruise at the end of this month and are hiring a car from Stoutes. BUT we cannot return the car to the cruise port as the only company allowed there is Courtesy. I was given this info by the owner of Stoutes car rental company so I am sure she knows what she is talking about! Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, it does!