2020 Schedule

ptrpanpens

Surprised to see only two cruises that touch North America. One east bound TA and one from LA to Tahiti (have to admit that itinerary is intriguing, but I am scared about the pricing).

Sadly, I fear the cruises we have booked now for 2019 may be our last on Azamara. The on board experience is wonderful, but pricing and not places we want to go (flights are getting too expensive and too much trouble) outweigh it. Celebrity is not as good as Azamara, but it does provide what I consider a good value for my money. Azamara is pushing the limits on that for me. Hopefully, the pricing will be better than 2019 and may tempt me, but I am not optimistic.

Sadly I have to agree with you, pricing will be indeed interesting. We have the added costs of time and money to get to and from Australia. Lots of people do and I hope we will get the chance also, but there is currently lots of competition for our dollars amongst competitors and we're happy to do our research for value for our money. Fingers crossed it's still affordable......

I actually got this email. However neither myself or my travel agent got the email letter last week about itinerary changes on Pursuit’s maiden voyage. Sometimes I think they are communicating with tin cans and string!

Prices and itineraries are up on the US TA booking site. Some look very reasonable, some ridiculous (Norway is beyond ridiculous :( )

10 night Africa balcony from 4099 pp; even Christmas Africa isn't out of line for a holiday sailing IMO.

....Despite the seemingly negative comments on Cruise Critic when the survey was sent. Will be interesting to see if our LCV benefits are eventually affected by this change.

What survey? When?

No need for any response to this . . . just another comment on the hit and miss communication. :rolleyes:

We got an email today, addressed to me, but sent to Peter's email address!

Very pleased to see there are a couple of overnights in Aqaba, :D as I missed Petra last time due to illness. :(

From the looks of it, they could just call it Europe Intensive because from May to October that's basically where all 3 ships will be.

And at last they are returning to the Baltic, although sadly they are not calling at Istanbul on the way through the Bosphorus straits.

Remind me, is LCV membership everybody who has cruised with Azamara? If so, I've got nothing. And I don't just want a list of cruises, I want to be able to browse the cruises on the web--when will they be fully up on the website?

You have to apply for LCV membership then you become a full member after your first cruise. Here’s the link to the enrolment page https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/enrolment

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And at last they are returning to the Baltic, although sadly they are not calling at Istanbul on the way through the Bosphorus straits.

They have never left the Baltic, I believe you are referring to the Black Sea.

I agree that it is sad to miss out Istanbul.

Edited by Bloodaxe

They have never left the Baltic, I believe you are referring to the Black Sea.

I agree that it is sad to miss out Istanbul.

Oops, should read my own posts before submitting, thanks for correcting me :o Yes,, Black Sea, really looking forward to this cruise, the only port we have been to before is Ephesus, all the others are firsts for us. Just hope there’s no more political upheaval in that area before we go.

It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like there will be much Asia cruising? I only see one "Singapore to Singapore" but can't yet see the itinerary. I've been waiting for 2020 to rebook the B2B cruises we had through SE Asia and China that got cancelled for the Japan Intensive itineraries. I thought for sure that with a third ship they'd be back. Rats - I'll have to look elsewhere.

2020 schedule and prices now up on Azamara’s website, some interesting itineraries, some same old ones as well. Prices very high as expected our strategy for 2020 very much watch and wait, there’s a lot of competition out there and the cruise lines are going to have to work very hard for our cash!

We just booked the 15-day South Africa holiday cruise! This is one I've been waiting for for a long time! I just wish we had time to add a safari on there, but the cruise itself is the max number of days we can take for vacation. Azamara came out with some nice 2020 itineraries this time.

Michael

I don't see any Cuba itineraries for winter 2020. Do they come out later than the others?

No Cuba for 2020; they appear to be pulling out of North American ports and the Caribbean for the most part

We just booked the 15-day South Africa holiday cruise! This is one I've been waiting for for a long time! I just wish we had time to add a safari on there, but the cruise itself is the max number of days we can take for vacation. Azamara came out with some nice 2020 itineraries this time.

Michael

You should be able to do day safaris from the ship, we were on a Crystal South African cruise in January and there were plenty of safaris on offer.

If you get a chance for Pumba Private Game Reserve from Port Elizabeth or East London, we had a fantastic time there we were able to get up close to wildlife and they have white lions there as well guides were entertaining and extremely knowledgeable.

However the Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park from Richards Bay was a huge disappointment, it’s a National Park you might get a glimpse of wildlife but the drivers seemed to have more fun driving around as fast as they could. Also a lot of the time you are on public tarmac roads, Crystal had so many complaints they refunded most of the trips cost.

Michael

Thank you Michael, we agree! And thank you for being among the first to book our newest destination, South Africa, where we are offering 6 country-intensive voyages. Our frequent travelers have been asking for So.Africa for a long time...and now it's on the calendar. We also have new country-intensive voyages to Scotland, Denmark and Ireland in 2020.

Plus we are excited about the Quest visiting Hawaii & Tahiti in January 2020.

So much to look forward to! :hearteyes:

Was there a notification of the voyages for LCV members? Heard nothing and wondering if there was and we missed out or if there was nothing sent to anyone?

Was there a notification of the voyages for LCV members? Heard nothing and wondering if there was and we missed out or if there was nothing sent to anyone?

I got two e:mails this morning, one at work and one at home. Haven't sailed Azamara yet.