Bringing water/non-alcoholic beverages onboard Celebrity

emdrus

A recent thread noted a change in Celebrity's written policy that now says nonalcoholic beverages are prohibited from being brought onboard. I am sailing Celebrity for the 1st time on Summit later this month, and have read many posts where people bring on bottled water and sodas in a checked bag and it makes it through ok, but maybe those posts were from before this recent change. Will people who have sailed very recently on Celebrity please tell me if they were successful at bringing water and other nonalcoholic drinks onboard in a checked bag? Thank you.

We just did the 14 night Asia cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore and didn't buy any drink packages. We were in HK overnight before sailing and I bought 4 bottles of water as the one in the cabin was $5.50 US. LOL

We also picked up a few small bottles on our shore excursions so we ended up with lots. Too many actually and didn't use one of the bottles we bought. Plus you can always get water and ice 24 hrs/day at the buffet machines.

Also I am glad we didn't pay $16.95 for the non-alcoholic beverage package as we were satisfied with the free drinks available all day in the buffet areas. Same OJ as served in the MDR, lemonade, iced tea plus coffee and a wide assortment of teas.

As I mentioned on the other post, I contacted Celebrity Captain's Club directly a few days ago. She read their current official information - Water and non-alcoholic beverages ARE permitted upon embarcation but MUST be hand-carried through security.

There is a lack of consistency even within the Celebrity website. Frustrating :(