Mad Max Dune Buggy Tour

cloudydrms

Hey - update - I eventually used the 'email' located on their webpage.  I was using the 'book now' and 'contact us' buttons on the website and wasn't getting answers.  As soon as I emailed on a fresh email,  they answered and said they have been having trouble with their website and don't know why.   I got all my answers... signed up and sent in my deposit!  I'm very excited!!!!!  Responses were all really quick this way!  

39 minutes ago, jmkel said:

Hey - update - I eventually used the 'email' located on their webpage.  I was using the 'book now' and 'contact us' buttons on the website and wasn't getting answers.  As soon as I emailed on a fresh email,  they answered and said they have been having trouble with their website and don't know why.   I got all my answers... signed up and sent in my deposit!  I'm very excited!!!!!  Responses were all really quick this way!  

Awesome! Glad you were able to contact them. 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:43 AM, jmkel said:

Thanks for the update, I have not received a response and was about to give up.  I will try again.

I booked this may 2018 for my my april 6 2019. I recieved an email that they overbooked and my trip was cancelled!!

They will move me to another similar excursion(not similar at all, and 1 1/2 hours less time) oh and give me a $2 refund. To bad the similar was $22 less a person. I asked for a refund. Waiting for reply. I had booked this thru shore fox. 

Kim, hope you see this before your cruise.  I remember when you were in San Juan and was going to check out the church but realize your plane was that day.  If you get a chance to see it this time go, it is nice.  Just a couple pics.

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

Also saw you guys went on cruise right before Christmas.  Well we must have past each other while sailing.  We went on Majesty of the Seas Christmas week.  We left Ft Lauderdale on December 22.  Hope you all enjoy the spring break cruise and look forward to the review.

The Ump

John

13 hours ago, theump said:

Also saw you guys went on cruise right before Christmas.  Well we must have past each other while sailing.  We went on Majesty of the Seas Christmas week.  We left Ft Lauderdale on December 22.  Hope you all enjoy the spring break cruise and look forward to the review.

The Ump

John

Awesome pics John! I'm glad you reminded me of the church. I will have to try to check it out this time if I get a chance.

Yep, that last cruise was awesome and we had a fabulous time on the Horizon.  I can't wait for our next on The Freedom of the Seas!

• 3 weeks later...

Also wondering if they offer 3 of 4 seaters...and what the age limit is....Also, just want to understand the $25 license fee....If hubby and I both send in our license at time of registration, do they charge the fee...or just if we decide at a later date? Is there a minimum age limit for this?

Edited by richbum

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Bigbluegal said:

Anyone could ride but you must have a DL to drive.  You must pay the fee for anyone wanting to drive.  All of the buggies we had were 2 seaters. There is a specific route they took us on.

I contacted the company and they said that our 18-year-old could drive but not our 17-year-old. I booked an excursion in July for 2 dune buggies,  so excited!

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Melanie H said:

I just returned from this tour and had such a great time!!! 

Please let me know if you anyone has any questions.

22 hours ago, Melanie H said:

I just returned from this tour and had such a great time!!! 

Please let me know if you anyone has any questions.

How easy were the Dune  Buggies to drive? 

Do you have to pay an additional $25 in cash for the temporary drivers license?  

Did you get really muddy? Which beach did you go to after the tour? 

Oh boy, sorry for all the questions!!!

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, exercisemama said:

How easy were the Dune  Buggies to drive? 

Do you have to pay an additional $25 in cash for the temporary drivers license?  

Did you get really muddy? Which beach did you go to after the tour? 

Oh boy, sorry for all the questions!!!

Thanks!!

To be honest during the orientation on how to operate the Buggy I was a little a nervous. Not to worry thought the tour guide made me feel extremely comfortable once I sat in the buggy and he showed me everything.  The only thing I couldn't do was shift to low gear, I believe all of the other drivers has the same problem. The tour guy would have us all pull to the side of the road so he could shift into low gear for us ( I have a feeling this happens on most tours). Overall the buggy ended up being super easy to drive. I did forget to back my shoes and ended up having to wear sandals.  I would recommend wearing shoes on the tour.

You pay the $25 for the additional license when you arrive at the tour. If both people in your party feel comfortable driving I would highly recommend on getting both of the license. Unfortunately I did all of the driving and wish I would have someone else drive so I could look around more at the beautiful island.

We drove into one small mud puddle but didn't have any mud on us. I guess this also depends on what time of season you do the tour. Last week they didn't get much rain but they will be headed into the raining season.

We stopped at shipwreck beach and LOVED IT!! we ended up staying at the beach till 4:00 pm we had so much fun. The shipwreck has great drinks and local food. 

fullsizeoutput_1a90.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a6d.jpeg

9 hours ago, Melanie H said:

To be honest during the orientation on how to operate the Buggy I was a little a nervous. Not to worry thought the tour guide made me feel extremely comfortable once I sat in the buggy and he showed me everything.  The only thing I couldn't do was shift to low gear, I believe all of the other drivers has the same problem. The tour guy would have us all pull to the side of the road so he could shift into low gear for us ( I have a feeling this happens on most tours). Overall the buggy ended up being super easy to drive. I did forget to back my shoes and ended up having to wear sandals.  I would recommend wearing shoes on the tour.

You pay the $25 for the additional license when you arrive at the tour. If both people in your party feel comfortable driving I would highly recommend on getting both of the license. Unfortunately I did all of the driving and wish I would have someone else drive so I could look around more at the beautiful island.

We drove into one small mud puddle but didn't have any mud on us. I guess this also depends on what time of season you do the tour. Last week they didn't get much rain but they will be headed into the raining season.

We stopped at shipwreck beach and LOVED IT!! we ended up staying at the beach till 4:00 pm we had so much fun. The shipwreck has great drinks and local food. 

fullsizeoutput_1a90.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a6d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a90.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a6d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a90.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a6d.jpeg

Thank you so much for all of that info! I hope that my 18 year old won't have trouble driving. Maybe I should get a license, just in case. My husband and 17 year old will be in another buggy. Did you plan for them to come back and get you at 4:00? How far is the beach from the ship?

14 hours ago, exercisemama said:

Thank you so much for all of that info! I hope that my 18 year old won't have trouble driving. Maybe I should get a license, just in case. My husband and 17 year old will be in another buggy. Did you plan for them to come back and get you at 4:00? How far is the beach from the ship?

I think he will be fine driving, they do give you time to drive around and get use to it before you hit the main road. After a lap I felt completely comfortable. It is kind of like driving a golf cart or go kart just the buggy has more power. 

Once we arrived to the beach the tour guy asked us what time we wanted to head back to the ship. we had said 2:30 and then ended up changing the time to 3:45 - 3:50 with the driver. The driver is flexible and she made a couple of trips back to ship as some didn't want to stay at the beach. It is about a 10-15 minute ride back to the ship.You will have the same driver that takes you from the ship to the buggy location and from the beach to the ship. 

It is a great day from start to finish, I hope your family loves it as much as my mom and I did!!

7 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Did you find that you did more road driving or off road driving? I think I'm definitely going to have to do this when we return. 

I want to say it was maybe 60% off road driving and 40% road driving. I had a blast on the off road part. They give you bandanas  to cover your mouth and nose in case you don't want all the dirt on you.

15 hours ago, Melanie H said:

I want to say it was maybe 60% off road driving and 40% road driving. I had a blast on the off road part. They give you bandanas  to cover your mouth and nose in case you don't want all the dirt on you.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

This just came available for our cruise. But I can't get a response back on cost. I'm guessing $300ish for each buggy right?  I'm not sure if I should go. Its my husband and I and our 12 year old. But I think the boys will adore it but I don't want to pay another $300 for me to go. Would you just meet them at the beach?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2018 at 9:37 PM, Amercury said:

It's $250 total for a 2 person dune buggy. A $50 deposit, the balance is due day of your tour.

Do you remember if they took a credit card or did you have to pay cash for the difference? I have emailed a couple of times I have not got a response. We already paid our deposit for next week!

Thanks!