Insurance help

Lalala724

Hi all! Leaving in 26 days for a cruise, whohoo! We will be taking the last flight out Friday evening around 8 pm, landing in Florida around midnight (cruise leaves Saturday afternoon). As our cruise date gets closer, I've been getting more concerned with the possibility that our flight could get delayed/cancelled due to weather. I have been reading up on cruise insurance on the off chance our flight does get delayed or cancelled, however all of the lingo is new to me and confusing.

Could anyone offer suggestions on what to look for when picking a policy?

I am looking to purchase an insurance product that will help us get to the cruise ship before sail-away Saturday afternoon, if there are any issues our flight Friday evening. Sorry for rambling, I hope this makes sense.. thanks!

Hi all! Leaving in 26 days for a cruise, whohoo! We will be taking the last flight out Friday evening around 8 pm, landing in Florida around midnight (cruise leaves Saturday afternoon). As our cruise date gets closer, I've been getting more concerned with the possibility that our flight could get delayed/cancelled due to weather. I have been reading up on cruise insurance on the off chance our flight does get delayed or cancelled, however all of the lingo is new to me and confusing.

Could anyone offer suggestions on what to look for when picking a policy?

I am looking to purchase an insurance product that will help us get to the cruise ship before sail-away Saturday afternoon, if there are any issues our flight Friday evening. Sorry for rambling, I hope this makes sense.. thanks!

Insurance is only going to reimburse you for any expenses to catch up to the ship should you have weather delays and I'm not even sure weather delays are a covered reason.

But, let's say you do get delayed and don't get to the ship before it departs,,, you MUST try to catch up to the ship at YOUR expense. Depending on where the ship will be next, will depend on whether you need a passport or not. If you don't have a passport and cannot fly,, your insurance is no good.

But, let's say you buy the tickets for $2000, catch up to the ship and continue with the cruise,,, when you return you file for reimbursement from the insurance company. Plus any other expenses you incurred.

Good points offered already, particularly that you need to pay for things out of pocket, then get reimbursed later.

If you paid for your cruise with a credit card, some cards offer varying types of travel insurance, so you might want to double check your cc terms as well.

If you book EVERYTHING thru the Cruise Line. ie your Flights, Hotel, any shuttle transport, the Cruise itself AND get your insurance thru the Cruise Line AND you get the 24/CaratGold super-duper policy you can get most everything reimbursed if things go awry. The Devil is in the details on cheaper insurances. NONETHELESS, a botched cruise because people miss the ship is often simply because the passengers didn't arrive at the Port a day ahead of the ship's scheduled departure. Important if the ship leaves to directly cross an Ocean. I've seen it happen.