RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

All of which has nothing to do with your claim that you are forced to buy a drink package. No other UK poster makes the claim that you do. Some post that it is a fairly consistent promotion, but not that there is no other choice but to take the price with the drink package.

We had the free drinks package on Freedom in June and the 7 night cruise price was £200pp more than the previous June on Harmony ( new ship 4th voyage) doing the same itinerary.

A heavy drinking culture is well known among Brits and most will be better off with the free drinks package even with the higher cruise cost price so no,most will not complain.

We had the free drinks package on Freedom in June and the 7 night cruise price was £200pp more than the previous June on Harmony ( new ship 4th voyage) doing the same itinerary.

A heavy drinking culture is well known among Brits and most will be better off with the free drinks package even with the higher cruise cost price so no,most will not complain.

So, you are only talking about one sailing? That is hardly forcing people to have to take a drink package.

So, you are only talking about one sailing? That is hardly forcing people to have to take a drink package.

No last year it ran for several months on UK and European sailings and this year UK, European and some US sailings.

The package is available for sailings of 6 nights or more only.

I have the March 2017 printed brochure for 2018/2019 sailings and the same brochure printed November 2017 with the free drinks packages included and the price difference for all cruises is huge.

No last year it ran for several months on UK and European sailings and this year UK, European and some US sailings.

The package is available for sailings of 6 nights or more only.

I have the March 2017 printed brochure for 2018/2019 sailings and the same brochure printed November 2017 with the free drinks packages included and the price difference for all cruises is huge.

Lets now concentrate on the thread theme about the DL.

I think the point is that those of us who don't want the drinks package wait until there is a different offer on to book. I've just checked the UK site and the current offer is 50% off second guest and free gratuities, no mention of having to have the drinks package.

Julie

Don’t think Brilliance has Viking Crown. They call it StarQuest or Star Quest. Rotating bar.

I know the deck plans show a VCL but I believe it is all part of the StarQuest???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's all VCL to me. It's become generic and everyone knows where it is.

I think the point is that those of us who don't want the drinks package wait until there is a different offer on to book. I've just checked the UK site and the current offer is 50% off second guest and free gratuities, no mention of having to have the drinks package.

Julie

Thanks for that information. The other posts make it seem like there is never an option to purchase a cruise without a drink package and that those in the UK are "forced" to buy a drink package. I am glad that is not the case.

Julie

The best time to book is when the cruise are initially open for sale.

Problem is a lot of us cannot forward our holiday requirements to employers with certainty of getting the dates until much closer to the sailing date.

I think your going to see something between DIAMOND PLUS AND PINNACE I hope so I don't think I will make pinnacle but ?? B happy with the 3 drinks!!

To keep the diamonds from complaining too much as they did receive unlimited in the lounge.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The best time to book is when the cruise are initially open for sale.

Problem is a lot of us cannot forward our holiday requirements to employers with certainty of getting the dates until much closer to the sailing date.

That is the best thing about being the boss.:')

JC

Lets now concentrate on the thread theme about the DL.

LOL You should review your own posts before you suggest people stay on topic.

Drink packages and UK cruise pricing have a lot more to do with diamond lounges and drinks than pictures of a land vacation and many of your other off topic posts.

Thanks for that information. The other posts make it seem like there is never an option to purchase a cruise without a drink package and that those in the UK are "forced" to buy a drink package. I am glad that is not the case.

The 50% off second person was also available last year.

The only difference is the free gratuitys.

With the D+ balcony discounts RC won't combine with OBC so my great TA gets me free gratuities every cruise.7b60118bb6f4a85a8b8d4c940f27d7b1.jpg

I don't really care about the "status" of Diamond or above, I just care about the perks. If I get free drinks during certain hours, I'm good. I don't need it to be in a dedicated (and crowded) lounge. If I get extra discounts on things, well that's what I expect for being loyal to a brand...

but that's just me. I know other do enjoy the fellowship of being with other "special" guests, and I totally get the desire for a venue to catch up with old friends and acquaintances.

I think RCCL made it difficult for themselves by setting up dedicated lounges for certain classes. These are finite spaces with a growing number who can access. RCCL does have a long term problem as more and more guests achieve Diamond status daily.

Dan

LOL You should review your own posts before you suggest people stay on topic.

Drink packages and UK cruise pricing have a lot more to do with diamond lounges and drinks than pictures of a land vacation and many of your other off topic posts.

I'm happy you take such an interest in me and my posts wheras i know nothing about you except you like to criticize me.

I'm happy you take such an interest in me and my posts wheras i know nothing about you except you like to criticize me.

I have not criticized you in any of my posts. I have posted concerning some of the claims in your posts, nothing more. As far as having an interest in you, it is hard not to know who you are as you like to post pictures of yourself, like the one you posted promoting your TA which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

If you wish to stay on topic, the topic is the diamond lounge policy on Royal Caribbean cruise ships.

At least 4 years ago this discussion started on D and D+ crowding. Very little has changed except for the SL.

My belief, the expansion of the Diamond Club into another venue is determined by the Hotel Director. Three years ago we were told the Radiance class Diamond Club would no longer be expanded, yet the next cruise it was. Last September, on Navigator, D's took over the entire VCL and Cosmopolitan Club, including the bar area.

I don't know what the future holds, but the current practices seem to be adequate. Most of our cruises the Clubs have not been crowded at all.

I have not criticized you in any of my posts. I have posted concerning some of the claims in your posts, nothing more. As far as having an interest in you, it is hard not to know who you are as you like to post pictures of yourself, like the one you posted promoting your TA which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

If you wish to stay on topic, the topic is the diamond lounge policy on Royal Caribbean cruise ships.

Myself and Milwaukee eight have had a few posts between us good and bad and as i was responding to one of his posts I'm sure he would understand the meaning of the hotel.

We have a brilliant relationship with our TA and the photo of us reopening our local branch shows the high esteem between us which also was answering one of your posts.

At least 4 years ago this discussion started on D and D+ crowding. Very little has changed except for the SL.

My belief, the expansion of the Diamond Club into another venue is determined by the Hotel Director. Three years ago we were told the Radiance class Diamond Club would no longer be expanded, yet the next cruise it was. Last September, on Navigator, D's took over the entire VCL and Cosmopolitan Club, including the bar area.

I don't know what the future holds, but the current practices seem to be adequate. Most of our cruises the Clubs have not been crowded at all.

Interestingly enough, on Oasis they sometimes can't use Blaze because the venue is being used by a group.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app